Tarrant Going??

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems kinda pointless at his stage in his career to go to another club and learn a new game plan, tactics etc... If he was to play on it would with us, though if the missus wants to go home to Melbourne then that would be that....

To be honest I wouldn't be too devastated if he did ask for a trade. Not particularly happy but not devastated either.

I love him to death since he transformed himself into a top class defender but he's getting on a bit and with the way our recruiters are on fire lately I'd back them to get us a 10 year player with the high pick(s) we'd get for him.

Yep, great post.

Players come and go. He is a good player and like Mundy has improved immensley this season.

Tarrant is a good full back but certainly not worth signing "at all costs". If he asks to be traded so be it - lets drive a hard bargain and get a first rounder for him if possible. If not, let the traitor slide to GC or GWS.

Tarrant has been a great contributor to Freo in his new defence kpp role - a revelation even. I can see him definitely waiting until the end of the season to make his decision to see how his body copes, and his desire - a lot may depend on how Freo continues to perform. If he were to continue for another year or so can't see him returning to Vic - he would probably choose to enjoy the finals success he can see coming - his wife has already been here several years, don't think she would begrudge him too much wanting to finish off the journey for the sake of another 1-2 years.

Yep, great post.

Players come and go. He is a good player and like Mundy has improved immensley this season.

Tarrant is a good full back but certainly not worth signing "at all costs". If he asks to be traded so be it - lets drive a hard bargain and get a first rounder for him if possible. If not, let the traitor slide to GC or GWS.
You cant help yourself can you,reasonable question asked by the poster re comments on Taz and you have to respond with a denigrating comment when there is absolutely no need or place for it
Traitor :confused: where does that even remotely fit in with regards to Tarrant:thumbsdown:

You cant help yourself can you,reasonable question asked by the poster re comments on Taz and you have to respond with a denigrating comment when there is absolutely no need or place for it
Traitor :confused: where does that even remotely fit in with regards to Tarrant:thumbsdown:

Clearly in my post Tarrant's status as a traitor is predicated on him asking to be traded to an opposition club. If he doesnt ask to be traded then he is not a traitor. Anyone that is not a complete sycophant could have worked that out.

You reckon? I don't. I'd say we'd be mightily screwed down back if he was to go.

Don't get me wrong, he's been one of our most important players since going into defense but I have faith that we could cope without him. Perhaps this view is due to our success this year but if injuries and everything else goes our way next year and so on, we'll be fine.

From what i got told at the start of the year was that tarrant and his missus wanted to move themselves back to melbourne before going travelling overseas, before starting a family.
Its never going to be a question of money because his missus's parents are very well off. His missus might have the final say in it all put the lure of finals could hopefully change the train of thought for at least a year.

to be honest i reckon he wants to come home. The deal will never happen, Collingwood are to stubborn at the trade table. FYI i don't really think we would give up a 1st rounder considering he will be 31 years old and has baggage.

Honestly would not be surprised if Medhurst was to head back if a trade went through aswell.

Jack Anthony is another pie that i believe would be put up for trade at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly in my post Tarrant's status as a traitor is predicated on him asking to be traded to an opposition club. If he doesnt ask to be traded then he is not a traitor. Anyone that is not a complete sycophant could have worked that out.
The only thing clear about your posts is the need to get in cheap shots about anything purple.The term troll ,moron and freagle is loosely thrown around on this board but in your case you fit them all.

They are 100% accurate in that Taz wants to return to melbourne.
He does not want to return to play football though.
An Noone knows whether it will be this year or in 2 years time, all we know is yes he wants to go back.

What are the rules with GC getting players out of contract? It seems a bit unfair that they could simply offer them big money and get players without giving up anything.

Can somebody please clarify this for me.

Tarrant back to Collingwood could be good for us. Straight swap for Medhurst I reckon.

You are kidding....right??????

We do not need nor want Monkey back.

Tarrant will be dominant KPP for the next 2-3 years with way his going. Monkey would be borderline to be in our best 30.

Will will miss Taz a stack if he decides to retire. Lets hope $, interest and enjoyment keep him at the club for 2 more years.

Was going to start a new thread about Tarrant in 2011 but seeing as it's all been said before (and we're all guessing anyway) I thought I'd just bump this one instead.

Basically I just wanted to ask that IF Tarrant did want to play for a Vic club, he's going to have to do a trade isn't he? Otherwise he'd almost certainly end up at the GC Suns. He might not be their first target seeing as he'll be a one year player who's not likely to play every game but even so I can't see them passing him up unless there's a side deal.

So of the 3 options:

1: He stays with Freo for one more year, Happy days! He's been great for us and with such a young list having him for one more year would be a huge plus. He certainly seems happy enough at Freo, seems to be enjoying the club and players and so fingers crossed.

2. Retirement, all the reports say he is keen to move back to Vic for personal reasons and being injured again in his first game back probably isn't doing much to convince him he is fit enough for another pre-season. Hopefully we haven't seen his last game and a good showing in the finals might tip the scales for one more season. To be honest I think this is the most likely option and if it does happen it'll be a huge thanks for his time here and all the best back home. When he first got traded over here I was worried we were going to have Croad mk 2, instead we got a great player who seems happy here and in the team and has earnt every dollar of his sallary.

(Not saying Croad wasn't a great player but he wasn't for us and never seemed to want to be here).

3. Traded, unlikely? Usually I'd be worried about a player being traded who's out of contract but in this case I can't see how he wouldn't need a trade to be done, there's no chance of a "take our 2 cents or we'll just wait for the draft" so worst case senario Tarrant fulfills his full contract to Freo, gets traded to a Vic team and we still get compensation for him. It's not all bad and like I said before for it'll still be a case of thanks for being here and all the best for 2011. He could have chucked a sulk last year when it sounds like he wanted to go home and was made to finish his final year but he didn't.

Ok a bit of a ramble I know (I'm really just trying to distract myself from a tooth ache :mad:) but I suppose I just wanted to see what other poeple thought? In this case it looks like a good year for Tarrant to be out of contract. I still think he'll either decide to stay for one more year or retire but even if he does ask for a trade to get anything back on an out of contract player will be an ok result. Draft picks might be hard to come by but maybe a home sick sandgroper.

And if anyone has a secret stash of land over here that needs developing maybe we could distract Mrs Tarrant for another 12 months :D.

I can't see why we wouldn't try and sign him for a one year deal. His wife can head back over to Melbourne etc..

Then he retires after next season.

I guess it will make this kind of scenario easier if we do well in finals this year. You also have to consider that Tarrant may want a premiership as well and if he can get traded to the Pies, Saints or Bulldogs then he might take it for that shot.

Looks pretty obvious that he is going to me. Has consistently sent out messages that he is not sure about his future after this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant Going??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back