Tarrant looks like hes an Eagle in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunnar Longshanks said:
You're funny.

We won the flag, so any interest in Tarrant suddenly evaproates?

But had we lost by a point, we would have given Collingwood whatever they wanted for Tarrant?

Is that how it works?

Footy's a funny game, yeah thats how it works. Its all about finals. Lynch and Hansen are young, talented, and now they are proven.

Also your draft pick you may have offered has just droppped down a peg, thats one factor.

I never thought you had room for Tarrant in the first place or the desire to pay up to Collingwood's price, and now its unlikely you have the need either.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
I really question whether Tarrant is that player.

He's not a goal-kicker, and that's what we need.

But he's a target. With a midfield like yours he'd cause massive headaches for the opposition. He wouldn't have to kick that many goals for you to make an impact. 2 a game maybe.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
We won the flag, so any interest in Tarrant suddenly evaproates?
Not any but the amount that should be required by Collingwood to get the deal I’d want them to accept. Didn’t we have this conversation last week? I know you don’t agree but flags do change thinking and misses to force action. Or at least at many clubs they do. Unfortunately not at mine going by 2002 and 2003.
Gunnar Longshanks said:
But had we lost by a point, we would have given Collingwood whatever they wanted for Tarrant?
Of course not. More than had you lost I suspect but how much more I don’t know.

As I said repeatedly, I doubt a deal with WCE would be done and now they have the flag I think it is all but impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant looks like hes an Eagle in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back