News Tarryn Thomas - 18 matches and sacked from North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

What did he even do? How can anyone rationale either agree or disagree with the decision with the reason for sacking given being as vague as "inappropriate behaviour towards a female"

North fans patting the club on the back for doing the right thing months after it should've is amazing to read.
Great, now just need Kreuuuzeurns , Lavender Bushranger, and GoEaglesGoSGIO and we have the whole North Derangement Syndrome gang lol

Great, now just need Kreuuuzeurns , Lavender Bushranger, and GoEaglesGoSGIO and we have the whole North Derangement Syndrome gang lol
Yes my dislike of a bloke getting away with DV multiple times before getting sacked must mean I have it in for North.

Yes my dislike of a bloke getting away with DV multiple times before getting sacked must mean I have it in for North.
I mean you and those guys are drawn to North threads like flies. First or second page, you could time your watch to at least one of you (but usually multiple) dropping with some mindless drivel lol

Just an observation - I don't mind a bit of drivel-posting myself

I mean you and those guys are drawn to North threads like flies. First or second page, you could time your watch to at least one of you (but usually multiple) dropping with some mindless drivel lol

Just an observation - I don't mind a bit of drivel-posting myself

2 other North threads on the front page of the main board, I have 1 post.

Thanks for thinking of me though.

Good decision by the club he was given every chance to change behaviour and didn't. Can't have that at your club it's bad for discipline. Would be surprised if any other club takes the risk.

Definitely the right call. He was on his last legs last time, and he blew it.

I know it obviously comes down to serious personality defects at the end of the day, but I don't understand why it's so hard for blokes like him and other celebrities that go nuts to at least pretend to be normal and earn millions of dollars before your 30s. Surely you can avoid threatening women for at least a few years?

What sentence was handed down to the people who sold naked images of Swan and Cloke to a magazine without their consent?

Relevant laws were in place at the time (not the 2021 laws though).

C
Should of been sacked last year, North lacked leadership and morals to do the right thing. They needed the AFL to hand down a 18 game suspension to hide behind.
Considering your handle that is a bit rich.

He was given every opportunity to mend his ways and decided that wasn’t for him.

‘The club decided that he would be given every chance and support to achieve that aim.

We are talking about a player that has had zero impact, except for negative press, at the club for over 18 months. It takes character to stand firm and try to help people be better, especially in the face of ignorant holier than thou internet warriors.

I so do hope your club makes a play for him next year. One suspects you will just STFU and ignore your own high standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl are really not good at consistent decision making are they.

Thomas is a piece of work who has no one to blame except himself but the afl is devoid of leadership.

he needs to mature and sort himself out before another club even thinks of signing him. It would take a lot of convincing for anyone to take a punt with him. How many chances did he have?

Mostly likely, the guy has blown his AFL career. And the chance to not be a violent abusive idiot as well.

Saints will be salivating
Water off a ducks back for Ross and his crew …

Should of been sacked last year, North lacked leadership and morals to do the right thing. They needed the AFL to hand down a 18 game suspension to hide behind.
Bro... Essendon drafted Jake Stringer after his trangressions... I reckon if Tarryn tries to come back you lads would be first in line, the kings at lacking leadership and morals ;)

North fans patting the club on the back for doing the right thing months after it should've is amazing to read.
Well, prepare to be further amazed.

What the AFL have done here is what they always do. PR. What North have done throughout is the most responsible course of action. The club has never been interested in getting cheap likes. You should note from the press release that the club intends to continue to support Thomas. It is doing this because, if not, he is likely to become a danger to himself and those around him.

We all know there are a few ‘jail the black kid’ types around here. But we have seen the results of this tough justice approach from the AFL recently.

Axed AFL player Elijah Taylor receives spent conviction over ex-girlfriend's assault | Western Australia | The Guardian

The AFL and the Sydney Swans took no responsibility for their actions and inactions leading up to that assault and even patted each other on the back for how they handled things. Rather than offering support to a seriously troubled young Aboriginal player, Taylor was publicly mocked and used as a PR example of how seriously the AFL took, firstly quarantine rules, and then violence against women. Whilst Sydney and the AFL weren’t responsible for that assault, they undoubtedly contributed to it.

I hope Thomas gets the support he needs and is one day ready to improve himself. It not, the consequences could be more tragic than losing a football career.

Well, prepare to be further amazed.

What the AFL have done here is what they always do. PR. What North have done throughout is the most responsible course of action. The club has never been interested in getting cheap likes. You should note from the press release that the club intends to continue to support Thomas. It is doing this because, if not, he is likely to become a danger to himself and those around him.

We all know there are a few ‘jail the black kid’ types around here. But we have seen the results of this tough justice approach from the AFL recently.

Axed AFL player Elijah Taylor receives spent conviction over ex-girlfriend's assault | Western Australia | The Guardian

The AFL and the Sydney Swans took no responsibility for their actions and inactions leading up to that assault and even patted each other on the back for how they handled things. Rather than offering support to a seriously troubled young Aboriginal player, Taylor was publicly mocked and used as a PR example of how seriously the AFL took, firstly quarantine rules, and then violence against women. Whilst Sydney and the AFL weren’t responsible for that assault, they undoubtedly contributed to it.

I hope Thomas gets the support he needs and is one day ready to improve himself. It not, the consequences could be more tragic than losing a football career.
He should have been sacked much earlier. So no, no they didn't.

Would be interesting if anyone grabs him next year. Get him out of Victoria with a different playing group and culture
People way overestimate the ability of any club's culture to overcome an individual's deeply embedded personality flaws.

I suspect most supporters would be horrified if their club was willing to take him on. There is always a minority, of course

About time. The guy has had a lot more chances than the average person and has let himself and the club down on numerous occasions. North are better off without him.
Will be nice to not have the distraction heading into a big season for us.

A real shame and waste of talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tarryn Thomas - 18 matches and sacked from North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back