Taz Declares he won't be leaving Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome news. He has really made our defensive unit a lot stronger since going back. Taken the best forward every week despite our midfield allowing the ball to come in at top pace and has performed admirably right to the siren.

Im sure Victorian clubs will offer more than 1 year if he has another high quality year. Contracts will be interesting.

Id hope Fremantle offer 1-2 years depending on the quality of his next season. Particularly if only a 2 year contract will ensure he stays.

Start with 1 year, if it looks like we'll be trumped. Offer 2.

hooray!
we look shakey in the back without him. hopefully he stays for another two or three years so the team can build.

he seems like a private sort of person and the intense scrutiny he'd have to deal with in melbourne as an elite footballer (especially if he returns) is probably reason enough for him to see out his days with freo. fingers crossed. he's got the build and pace to play well into his 30s.

The cynic in me is still waiting for that signature on a contract - but still good news. The guy's 29 odd but plays a couple of years younger than that and is obviously really motivated at the moment. Sounds like he's getting purpler all the time and I hope he hangs around for the next 2+ years.

I am sure Taz would of stated if you need to trade me you can.

In Harvbond we trust

[/B]

I reckon I could be pregnant I am beaming that much !!!!

I'm really hoping you are not a bloke with this last comment

Tarrant >>>>>>> Medhurst

If Medders/Taz repeat 2009 in 2010 ......it is advantage FFC

I think they would offer Taz a 2 year contract.
Reason is in the past he has stated he wants to return his body is in better condition.
So they will look to secure his future.
After that if hes still keen to play on it would be 1 yr deals.

With Haze hes a local boy everyone pretty much knows he loves fremantle an doesnt want to go anywhere.
So its not as risky only giving him 1 yr deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO:thumbsu:

Note to self never listen to anything an Aints person tells you :mad:

Good luck for the nupitals next week Taz and Lauren!! May you have lots of lovely tall and talented boys ;)

Still crying much?

Every time a whining Geelong fan posts I can see where the handbag nickname came from.

Why has he waited to say this after trade week?why not before?

Why does he have to say it at all? Sandilands didn't come out after it was rumoured he was going to be traded to Hawthorn. Pavlich didn't come out after it was rumoured Carlton were trying to lure him. If Chris Tarrant held a press conference every time there was a media rumour about him, he wouldn't have any time left to play football.

Why does he have to say it at all? Sandilands didn't come out after it was rumoured he was going to be traded to Hawthorn. Pavlich didn't come out after it was rumoured Carlton were trying to lure him. If Chris Tarrant held a press conference every time there was a media rumour about him, he wouldn't have any time left to play football.

You have a point but you don't have to have a press conference either.Harv's did say he wasn't going anywhere several times i just remembered.

Tarrant is obviously a pretty private person. I think he probably avoids public speaking however when he went up to the podium to be acknowledged for his high B&F finish he saw an opportunity to set the record straight. From the way the crowd reacted he looked really happy and humbled to feel valued as part of the team by our supporters. Nothing contrived about it. The Club Awards night is a perfectly appropriate forum to speak to the membership rather than a press conference.

Reason he should of come out and said something is last time he gave an interview very early in season he was saying he would like to return to melbourne an was unlikely to renew his contract.
Alot had changed since then as he did fantastic down back an was still able to avoid the spotlight so he might of been enjoying his football again.
But coz he hadnt said anything else on this subject since then media took it an ran with the story he wanted out.

I saw a small bit of his speech on the news the other night all they showed was him saying he wants to stay.
Didnt say he wanted to stay beyond next season though did they cut that part out?
Or is all he said he wants to stay at fremantle to repay them?

Reason he should of come out and said something is last time he gave an interview very early in season he was saying he would like to return to melbourne an was unlikely to renew his contract.
Alot had changed since then as he did fantastic down back an was still able to avoid the spotlight so he might of been enjoying his football again.
But coz he hadnt said anything else on this subject since then media took it an ran with the story he wanted out.

I saw a small bit of his speech on the news the other night all they showed was him saying he wants to stay.
Didnt say he wanted to stay beyond next season though did they cut that part out?
Or is all he said he wants to stay at fremantle to repay them?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85961/default.aspx

"I know I haven't performed since I've been here, but hopefully I can turn that around over the next couple of years," Tarrant, 29, said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Taz Declares he won't be leaving Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back