Teams Team Development (Final Two Weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
alrighty lads, here is my team for 2017 (rookies will change depending on selections)

Docherty: Gut feel, dont like any of the other options up the top. Think he could go 100-105 again. Could pick him up cheaper, but gut feel is making me pick him
Howe: Since his move to the backline, averaged 96 last year and had a run where he averaged 115 and about 24 touches and 10 marks. Think he will go 95+ this year. JLT form very promising
Cutler: My ultimate defence POD. Think he will breakout this year and go 90-95. Very nice kick of the ball and new coach might help him.
Marchbank: Wasn't so keen on him to start with but seems like the most solid option for D4. If he can average around what Weitering averaged before his injury, should make some nice cash before the first bye.
Hampton: JLT says it all. Adelaide's lack of midfield says it all. 80-85
Otten: Will rotate the remaining 3 rookies for the last D6 spot depending on opponent and form etc. Otten's form in the JLT was hard to ignore, despite the fact Lever and Cheney weren't playing.
Stewart: Mature ager who Scarlett loves. Can't see him NOT playing. Reckon we will get 70-75 from him
Smith: Its is him or EVW for that last spot. Will probs go with the guy who gets selected, although Smith's JS isnt that flash with Hibberd to come back in and he is yet to be upgraded.

Dangerfield: Need I say more
Pendlebury: See Danger. CANNOT BELIEVE JOBE AND MUM'S BOY ARE IN MORE TEAMS THAN THIS STUD!!!
Kennedy: Head says JPK, Heart says Hanners. This spot is still up for grabs. Reckon I will stick with JPK cos if I don't and he kills it, I won't be happy
Treloar: Gun, 115+ imminent
Fyfe: Underpriced gun. Should go top 5 mid this year. Not really worried about games missed as the others are so durable.
Mitchell: Ball pig. Will get 30+ most weeks and his contested style means good points to be scored. No JPK/Hanners/Parker to compete with. Can see 110+ easily
Petrevski-Seton: Will only pick if named. Otherwise Taranto. Haven't really considered him until now. Risky taking him without playing a JLT, but played seniors last year so wont be over roared.
Powell-Pepper: Already put down Hartlett, Wines and Burgoyne in his first summer. Kid is an absolute gun. Steal at pick 18 and will win the Rising Star
Barrett: Needs to be upgraded, otherwise locked. Spot open with Mathieson out.
Pickett: Slow burn rookie with DPP. Should play most games, score dependent on goals etc.
Parfitt: Could become anyone if not named.

Gawn: Think he will score well even with Spencer in the side. Think Spencer was a ploy just to rest Gawn in the pre season. Will probably go with him anyway since Spencer will be dropped after round 1 or 2.
Sandilands: Played 22 and 21 games in 14 and 15. Only missed last year due to NN putting a knee into his ribs. Not worried about calf or age. Has a great starting run as well. 5 out of 8 at Domain.
Strnadica: Perfect for loophole. Plays 11 sunday games and most are 3:20 or 4:40 time slot.

Riewoldt: Gun, 12 of the first 16 at Etihad and the Saints love it there. Will be more free to roam the wing with the emergence of Membrey/Bruce/McCartin and the natural improvement of the Saints. Not too worried that his average was boosted by his 187 last round last year. Think he will go 100+ with ease over this time.
Dahlhaus: Guy is arguably the Dogs 2nd best player. Reckon he is top 3 fwd this year. Consistency the worry though. Can go large some weeks and have a shocker the next. Hopefully he becomes more consistent.
Higgins: Gut feel pick again. Guy is a natural midfielder and will have a chance to play there a lot more this year. 95 i reckon.
Hoskin-Elliott: Kid is a gun when fit. JS not a problem now with JDG out for 7-8 weeks for his "dog" incident. Think he can make 150k easily.
Turner: He will play most games, will be a slow burn. Much like Menadue last year. Im ok with that.
Butler: Could also be Menadue 2.0, but think he will be a decent rookie.
Houston: Backing him to make it to the bye. Think he is good enough to hold his spot despite us having a few out that would have been best 22. Think a 65-70 average is what we would expect
Eddy: Guy is the most natural forward and can turn a game on its head in a matter of minutes (see 3rd QTR v Hawthorn). As all KPFs are, he will be a little inconsistent with his scoring, but a 65 average is probably what we would expect.

SO THERE WE HAVE IT LADS.
$42,100 left over.​

Big 360 on Gawn TBA ;)

d71e32460f19a228bf24fad414da4c4c.jpg

ae7c85afbb97806f525204c35246e045.jpg

b37143657be27c47096ef364262fc4b1.jpg

ae0341a8ad4e7bd1526ec14c610db8db.jpg

Need to pick one more key forward, suggestion?

Now that SPS is named for round 1 I'm seriously considering bringing him in from a cash generation perspective and starting him and SPP at M7 and M8. But that means dumping MCrouch or Beams who I've earmarked as keepers.

Should I?

It would also allow me to bolster my backline a bit. At present backline is 2-1-5.

Now that SPS is named for round 1 I'm seriously considering bringing him in from a cash generation perspective and starting him and SPP at M7 and M8. But that means dumping MCrouch or Beams who I've earmarked as keepers.

Should I?

It would also allow me to bolster my backline a bit. At present backline is 2-1-5.

Yes to dropping Crouch, no to dropping Beams.

So i helped my mate pick a team since its his first year playing and i think its better than my own :oops:

15k leftover

B: Docherty, Laird, Tuohy, Jones, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Vickers-Willis)
M: Danger, Pendles, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Mitchell, O'Meara, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt)
R: Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
F: Dahlhaus, Roughead, Steele, Hoskin-Elliot, Taranto, Miles (Houston, Eddy)

My brief thoughts...

Backs
I really like this structure, my mate was very keen on Docherty while I suggested Jones who should be a good stepping stone. As a Brisbane supporter he wanted Cutler but i talked him out of it, so i'm hoping that is good advice.

Mids

Very similar to my own team but he has Selwood > Beams,I'm definitely jealous. He wasn't too keen on Mitchell but there was not enough cash leftover to get JPK or Hannebery. He also wanted Rocky but i told him to go with Selwood instead and 'wait and see' how Rocky goes.

Rucks

Pick themselves.

Forwards

Bit light on but in my opinion WHE and Taranto will likely justify their premium prices. Miles is a big punt considering he seems to have low job security but if he plays he should score well.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upload_2017-3-23_8-55-42.png

$230K in bank so have up to $150K to finalise team.

Who to upgrade?

Houston to Taranto / whe / bowes
Tuohy to 500+ Def
Barrett to swallow / Brodie / Florent

Any other glaring omissions

Thoughts on this monstrosity?

The change I've made this morning was Shaw > Tuohy & Roughhead > Lynch.

So the question is, what seems more appealing with this team? Shaw + Roughhead or Tuohy & Lynch?

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 9.01.32 am.png

I tried to use up every cent I have, to maximise both points and potential investments (cash cows). Please critique....

Def: Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (EVW, T.Stewart)

Mid: Danger, J.Kennedy, Treloar, Rockliff, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Powell-Pepper (Florent, Barret, Picket)

Ruck: Goldstein, Sandilands (Strnadica)

Fwd: Dahlhaus, Higgins, Nankervis, Steele, Butler, Eddy (Houston, Parfitt).

Thanks in advance guys.

b355d14c68604f4ce8c42c9587cf34c3.jpg

Can anyone see a problem with the structure of my side ? Such as .. should i be having one less prem mid and adding one more prem in defence. Or going without Marchbank, Taranto .. is this a big mistake ? Would love a different opinion ! 19k leftover Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have a look now, fixed it .. I think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
you might have trouble with your forward line come Rd9
also might need a contingency plan to beef up the defence a bit if not enough rookies are named.

otherwise i like it...especially the Gunston pick.

Thoughts on this monstrosity?

The change I've made this morning was Shaw > Tuohy & Roughhead > Lynch.

So the question is, what seems more appealing with this team? Shaw + Roughhead or Tuohy & Lynch?

View attachment 348636

IF you thinking that all 4 will be keepers then its line ball - Shaw and roughie more known scorers but tuohy & lynch slighly more upside if they both improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back