Team Rd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

For the club to have a rebuilding strategy pit in place and finished before Halley's Comet comes back again?
Considering there are only 5 players left on the list from before Neil Craig took over (Johncock, Stevens, Rutten, Reilly & Doughty), I'd suggest that the rebuilding has gone on quite nicely while you've been looking elsewhere...

Do you honestly believe that the team has not been rebuilt? Seriously? What rock have you been living under for the last 5 years?

The only players at the moment who hold a candle to Steven's as a 3rd tall swing player are Davis and Otten, who are both earmarked for other positions.

I'd love a youngster to FORCE Stevo out of the squad.....but noone has the runs on the board yet.

And that is the god damm point about this whole argument. How does a young player get those runs on the board, when the coach clearly doesn't respect the SANFL competition as a breading ground. They don't respect the form shown by giving the younger guys in the SANFL to give them an opportunity as we very really make a change. Last year we lost 6 games in a row and very few forced changes were made out side injuries, the year before we lost 4 in a row and zero forced changes were made outside injures. The coach doesn't respect the form of SANFL players. So how do they force there way into the side?

And that is the god damm point about this whole argument. How does a young player get those runs on the board, when the coach clearly doesn't respect the SANFL competition as a breading ground. They don't respect the form shown by giving the younger guys in the SANFL to give them an opportunity as we very really make a change. Last year we lost 6 games in a row and very few forced changes were made out side injuries, the year before we lost 4 in a row and zero forced changes were made outside injures. The coach doesn't respect the form of SANFL players. So how do they force there way into the side?
It would be nice if they actually had some SANFL form for him to ignore...

Considering there are only 5 players left on the list from before Neil Craig took over (Johncock, Stevens, Rutten, Reilly & Doughty), I'd suggest that the rebuilding has gone on quite nicely while you've been looking elsewhere...

Do you honestly believe that the team has not been rebuilt? Seriously? What rock have you been living under for the last 5 years?

But what's taken him 5 years to do, should have taken 3 years. He sits on his hands and is too afraid to make a decision.

You can say what you like,m this rebuild has taken way to long and we missed the boat on many years of development by piss arsing around by going after the glory shot with duds and ending up with failed attempt after failed attempt.

But what's taken him 5 years to do, should have taken 3 years. He sits on his hands and is too afraid to make a decision.

You can say what you like,m this rebuild has taken way to long and we missed the boat on many years of development by piss arsing around by going after the glory shot with duds and ending up with failed attempt after failed attempt.

I remember my first beer.

So, you wanted him to replace 35 players inside 3 years - an average of 12 new draftees per year. Right....

You want him to replace 17 of 22 players in the senior team inside 3 years, Right...

You want players to magically reach 100 games in 3 years, when there are only 22 H&A games (plus finals) per season. Right.....

We had 2 shots at glory - 2005 & 2006. We choked fair & square in 2005. In 2006 we won a club record 16 consecutive games, before a shocking run of injuries towards the end of the season put paid to our best chance of winning a flag since 1998.

Since then, the rebuild has been going on while you looked the other way or deliberately chose to ignore it.

Good SANFL form is rewarded. Davis, Otten, MacKay all had SANFL runs.

Young is close, and was rewarded by getting a spot ahead of 'schedule'. Should a tall position open up though injury or poor form, he'd be first call.

Who's had good SANFL form that has been left out?

In all honesty, I hope a few of our younger blokes like show something and force there way into the team. IMO we are probably a couple of years away from challenging for the flag, I hope I am wrong, but we probably are.

By the time comes around for us to be up there, I doubt whether Stevens, Doughty and Reilly will be around, as I hope they have been surpassed.

Lets wait till the preseason starts and we see a few youngsters play so we can properly determine whether some of the older blokes should have positions in the team or not.

We still need a few of these older blokes around for the time being, the younger blokes need to learn from someone, its not only the coaches who teach them, its also the senior players

So, you wanted him to replace 35 players inside 3 years - an average of 12 new draftees per year. Right....

You want him to replace 17 of 22 players in the senior team inside 3 years, Right...

You want players to magically reach 100 games in 3 years, when there are only 22 H&A games (plus finals) per season. Right.....

We had 2 shots at glory - 2005 & 2006. We choked fair & square in 2005. In 2006 we won a club record 16 consecutive games, before a shocking run of injuries towards the end of the season put paid to our best chance of winning a flag since 1998.

Since then, the rebuild has been going on while you looked the other way or deliberately chose to ignore it.

Oh blow it out your rear end. The rebuild has taken ridiculously long, even if you won’t admit to it.

Scott Stevens and Michael Doughty in any other team who was seriously looking at a flag, would have given both of these the pink slip at the same time as Robert Shirley. You know and so do i. You just won’t admit it.

Young is close, and was rewarded by getting a spot ahead of 'schedule'. Should a tall position open up though injury or poor form, he'd be first call.

Good SANFL form is not rewarded, stop trying to kid yourself this exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh blow it out your rear end. The rebuild has taken ridiculously long, even if you won’t admit to it.

Scott Stevens and Michael Doughty in any other team who was seriously looking at a flag, would have given both of these the pink slip at the same time as Robert Shirley. You know and so do i. You just won’t admit it.
Doughty would be in Collingwood's best 22 if he were on their team list. Stevens, probably not.

Doughty would be in Collingwood's best 22 if he were on their team list. Stevens, probably not.

Who's spot would he take?

Nick Maxwell, Alan Toovey, Heath Shaw, Harry O'Brien, Ben Johnson, Steel Sidebottom et el

i doubt it very much.

Didn't Walker have a ripper year in the SANFL and couldn't crack the side..

Didn't Phil Davis have credible performances in the SANFL but really shine when brought up to AFL level?

Didn't he shine at AFL level only to be dropped back to the SANFL again when arguably more experienced players were not yet contributing?

We just seem unwilling to allow some specific players to develop by staying in the top level side. But at the same time have a 'team security' concept here role players who have 'served their time' get higher selection priority. The balance on these philosophies is not yet optimal IMO.

Vader you can't be serious? Lockyer and many other senior players were dropped for youth, what makes you think Doughty would get a gig?

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Rd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back