Team Thursday 18/8

Remove this Banner Ad

our strongest side for the year :thumbsu:

however on the other side of the ledger the GC seem to be using the last few games to review their list

we should not drop this game

our strongest side for the year :thumbsu:

however on the other side of the ledger the GC seem to be using the last few games to review their list

we should not drop this game

As should we.

you know he can get injured in the SANFL right?

Of course. He can get injured at training or walking down the street. But there are degrees of risk, and playing AFL is at the top. I would have thought the absolute last thing we want from a player who is absolutely in our best 22 next year is to test out his fragile body a few weeks before pre-season starts.

We have been. Why else do you think Tambling & Riley have been given an extended run this late in the season, along with Maric' revival?

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Ooops.. I meant Armstrong.

Yes, it looks like Bickley disagreed with Craig's attitude to these two players and they have both grabbed their opportunity. Armstrong in particular. Personally, I would have persisted with Moran till the end of the season. I know most people on here think he's a spud but he showed a bit a couple of years ago. We know what Maric brings to the table. Mackay is a strange inclusion for mine. We know what he's capable of and we want him fit. Why not give Martin a run?

Ben Rutten absolutely will not be the sub. I have no idea what sort of experimentation you think they can or want to do with him - he is our primary, stopping key defender, who takes the most powerful forward every week.

Then of course there is the fact that he is listed on the ground - I'm 99% certain that our sub is always one of the four players listed on the bench. The sub will be one of Riley, Armstrong or Mackay.

McKernan isn't a defender either. He played ok last week on an opponent who didn't show up, and apparently hasn't most of the year.

Yr saying pods hasn't shown up this year? U silly. Smack did a great job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are the quality game days threads some posters use to write up? I am starting to have withdrawl symptoms! I would write up one, but i am not in the same league as most of you.

Truck will have a direct opponent. I like the lateral thinking, but he needs a man, he's a touch a feel defender who needs body contact to be efficient.

On the floating tall, it will likely be Otto, who's regained confidence to drop in holes etc, but when he pushes up I wouldn't mind seeing Smack rest down back in that role. Has the athletecism to play it and reads the flight well, can also cause damage to opposition players who sit under it.

Agree that Trucks worth to young development is invaluable. Really great asset.

I't likely we'll see Smack play back up ruck and rest either ends (preferably defense).

With Tip, Walk and Gunna up forward we're set for marking or hit up options, though with Hendo out Gunna may push up a bit more to the wing allowing Smack there, though I'd rather he stay back as he showed a bit last week.

Agree with your comments on trucks abilities... But I'm not about playing him at his best this week. Its about building our future.

My god this GC line-up is by far the worst they've fielded all year. Iles a late withdrawal for Daye is just the icing on the cake.

If we lose I'll be shattered. Dissapointed if it's even close.

He hit this season uninjured, and look what happened.

The bloke is getting old, his "breakout" year should be this year/next year, ala Vince then Pizza then... well I got noone for this year. Should have been DMac.

Needs to play.
Good call Coopers. He absolutely killed it in the first quarter. Smashed it. Had about 8 kicks - one goal himself, and about 4 goal assists.

Didn't see him much after. Strange game.

Truck will have a direct opponent. I like the lateral thinking, but he needs a man, he's a touch a feel defender who needs body contact to be efficient.

On the floating tall, it will likely be Otto, who's regained confidence to drop in holes etc, but when he pushes up I wouldn't mind seeing Smack rest down back in that role. Has the athletecism to play it and reads the flight well, can also cause damage to opposition players who sit under it.

Agree that Trucks worth to young development is invaluable. Really great asset.

I't likely we'll see Smack play back up ruck and rest either ends (preferably defense).

With Tip, Walk and Gunna up forward we're set for marking or hit up options, though with Hendo out Gunna may push up a bit more to the wing allowing Smack there, though I'd rather he stay back as he showed a bit last week.

Bicks is smarter than us. Left talia and Mckernan in the key posts and had truck play on the likes of stanley most the game.

really keen to see talia and mckernan play in the key posts the rest of the year.

Bicks is smarter than us. Left talia and Mckernan in the key posts and had truck play on the likes of stanley most the game.

really keen to see talia and mckernan play in the key posts the rest of the year.

I agree with this. At the risk of losing, I'd like to see either take JR this week and allow them the get some exoerience. Allow ben Rutten to take brad miller.

Yep, no one picked that Smack and Talia would stay where they were! :D

I reckon Tippett will be used in exactly the same role as Maric, leaving Walker, Gunna et al up forward exactly as they have been. The question will be, can Tippett do better than Maric with his ruck work and moving up forward and chipping in with goals like Maric has.

I reckon Smack will stay at full back and Rutten might be experimented with, Rutten might even be sub.

Cant wait to see Douglas and Mackay's impact within the Crows now more attacking game style, should suit both.

Sounds like tippett sort of did maric' role, bit more time at ff tho, sounds like mackay had a good game.....still havent had a chance to watch it yet :(

Yep, no one picked that Smack and Talia would stay where they were! :D

Sounds like tippett sort of did maric' role, bit more time at ff tho, sounds like mackay had a good game.....still havent had a chance to watch it yet :(

Come on mate read between the lines..... I was being polite to wall-e by saying 'us', not I told you so... ;)

I also called for truck to not take a key post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Thursday 18/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back