F: Jason Davenport, Daniel Motlop, Brett Ebert
Foll: Dean Brogan, Danyle Pearce, Tom Logan
I/C: Mitch Banner, Matt Broadbent, Cameron Hitchcock, Jay Nash
Emg: Andrew Moore, Scott Harding, Daniel Stewart

In: Davenport, Nash, Schulz
Out: Atipate Carlile (back), Josh Carr, Daniel Stewart

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/98244/default.aspx

Oh dear.....

That's not gone well. If Trengove is going to be playing a fair bit in defense, can we at least get Salter into the forward line. I'd understand if he had to play back to cover for Bobby, but it's not like the Doggies have any tall forwards without Bazza. At least we had a few tall forwards in the last few weeks. Looks like we're back to Schulz and Ebert as the key positions.

Salter named in the backlines makes me cry. Prove us wrong Matty, prove us wrong.

Not happy with Nash coming back in, but what can you do.

Otherwise, im happy with Dav and Schulz back in. Im more concerned with how the players play rather than the actual names in the side.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Ryan Griffen, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Robert Murphy, Andrejs Everitt, Callan Ward
F: Shaun Higgins, Jarrad Grant, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Daniel Cross, Adam Cooney
I/C: Jordan Roughead, Easton Wood, Liam Picken, Brad Johnson
Emg: Andrew Hooper, Liam Jones, Brodie Moles

In: Everitt, Eagleton
Out: Brennan Stack (hamstring), Barry Hall (ankle)

------------------------------------------

So
Chaplin to FB,
Salter to CHB
Trengove the other ruckman
Schulz or Motlop to get monstered by Lake

Why didn't Daniel Stewart get a game to stretch their defence

Doesn't Lake just fold off his man a bit Like what Chappy did for us against Brissie?

If so shouldn't we just use Lake's man as a go to player?

Chad wasn't rushed back which is a plus. Looking at the emergencies there's isn't much to push Motlop out with, I would say he's got his 5th last warning.

Just be competitive boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinated to know who would've lined up at FB for us if Hall was playing.

Collective team spirit (or a gastro running through the opposition) is the only thing that's going to win this one for us. Does not look good for us on paper...

Very under-whelming

Mirror image of the side I would have expected if Choco was still around - perhaps this is some sort of homage or tribute.

Not using Cloke as a big bodied second ruckman is frustrating. I guess I might have to wait until Lobbe is fit to see if we can work our way out of our current ruck mess.

Otherwise, im happy with Dav and Schulz back in. Im more concerned with how the players play rather than the actual names in the side.

yeah rather Moore over Nash

No Danny Meyer ?
Harding and Moore as emergencies ?
Salopek still getting a run with half of one good shoulder.
Logan on the ball.
Motlop ... must be his last crack, surely.

If they actually like up for most of the game with ...
Rodan on the ball, Logan to the bench, Nash to the back pocket, and Salter to the Forward line - it will be promising.

Very under-whelming

Mirror image of the side I would have expected if Choco was still around - perhaps this is some sort of homage or tribute.

Not using Cloke as a big bodied second ruckman is frustrating. I guess I might have to wait until Lobbe is fit to see if we can work our way out of our current ruck mess.

Seems like we only drafted him so the Magpies could have a semi-consistent performer.

I don't envy the job of the guys picking the team as they don't have much to work with.

Pretty much the status quo. The post-Choco selectors are going to continue the Salter change to defender - fair enough, that's their job and if they think it will improve him and the team, then so be it.

I would hope that Dav shows a bit more ticker and skill level to justify a game - would have rather Moore get a run as an eye to the future.

He looked pretty good for the Doggies providing lots of run out of defense and some nice long direct kicking.

With him and P. Stewart and to some extent Thomas and Sal - that should give us something to work with coming out of defense.

Moore and Krak would be too risky to play this week. They are still easing back.

Not sure why Moore is a travelling emergency (he could do with another game in the SANFL). Harding I can sort of understand because Westies have the bye this weekend.

I think nash has not been given a fair go under choco. He disposal has been first class compared to some of the other defenders. Just check out Chaplins disposal i reckon 80% of the time he coughs the ball up. He was the catalyst of collingwood getting back in the game last week

Remove this Banner Ad

News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back