News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we stop calling for the kids to come in, ffs.

They are either injured, not ready or have never made their way out of the SANFL reserves.

Only ones that should be considered are Stewart and Moore.

While I agree, it is a helluvalot more depressing having to watch Carr, Davenport, Nash and Harding go around and then sit through Motlop and Westhoff's disinterested offerings.

The Crows fielded a side Friday night that included guys like Walker, Henderson, Sloane, Davis and seemed to have no problems. Clearly our recruiters got it wrong with a number of "kids", while our "terrific (to quote the previous coach)" development coaches have done stuff all to rectify the recruiters' mistakes.

While I agree, it is a helluvalot more depressing having to watch Carr, Davenport, Nash and Harding go around and then sit through Motlop and Westhoff's disinterested offerings.

The Crows fielded a side Friday night that included guys like Walker, Henderson, Sloane, Davis and seemed to have no problems. Clearly our recruiters got it wrong with a number of "kids", while our "terrific (to quote the previous coach)" development coaches have done stuff all to rectify the recruiters' mistakes.

Can't help but feel a Nick Lower would've flourished in such an environment. I'm still to see the "win" in discarding him against the recruitment of someone like Nash.

Can't help but feel a Nick Lower would've flourished in such an environment. I'm still to see the "win" in discarding him against the recruitment of someone like Nash.

Yep. And despite others' opinions, I can't fathom how we had enough "small defender depth" to let go of Farmer two years into his time with us. I am pretty confident that we could have shaken Jay Schulz free of Richmond without giving away another untried young defender. People keep saying "but we had Paul Stewart and Jacob Surjan" - well, Surj is injured now.......who else do we have to step into the role of peripheral shut-down defender. Farmer may not be that player yet, but he's a better chance of becoming that player than Nash.

Lower and Farmer versus Logan and Nash. Ultimately they may all be similar players with similarly flawed games. But we could have at least given the untried players a shot.

Equally, I am still scratching my head at our willingness to let Gilham go a few years ago. We obviously perceived that with Pettigrew and Chaplin our backs were covered (not sure that Carlile had shown much at that stage). Whatever happened to building depth in certain positions (e.g. tall defender, small defender), by having one or two extra players who can play those roles? Now we're stuck with throwing Salter back there, when we could do with playing him as a forward.

The only thing we have depth in now, is in the position of "plodder". Are any of our plodders good at playing one particular position?

Gilham and Carlile weren't at the club at the same time. Carlile was drafted in the 2005 ND after we delisted Gilham. And Gilham was taken 3rd round of the rookie draft, so it's not like Hawthorn exactly 'pounced'.

Gilham was stuck at Port with Wakelin, Chad, Bishop, Chaplin, Pettigrew and even Paxman at the tail end of his career as tall defenders.

I liked Farmer as a player, and Lowash er I mean Nawer, well whatever. Yeah, what was the point?

Posted in the past players a little thing about Nick Lower.

He is really doing well for Norwood as a inside tough midfielder. He has drastically improved his disposal, he has a midfielders engine, a big body and reality is that he is still young. so much more upside than a lot of the recruited players this year.......

he will be picked up this year, no doubt about it. Certainly has proven my wrong.

Our list development over the past 3-4 years has been ****ing awful. Choco, Rohde, Moylan have a lot to answer for. Theyve put us in this shit position.

Our list is an absolute mess.

Our list development over the past 3-4 years has been ****ing awful. Choco, Rohde, Moylan have a lot to answer for. Theyve put us in this shit position.

Our list is an absolute mess.

Get rid of the lot we have to start fresh with some intelligence up top this club has been decimated by complete stupidity. With williams at the helm the only positive we have so far is the "general" of incompetence has gone.
CONTINUE THE CULL

^^^^
Winning the spoon and then having a total clean out are the best things that can happen for us...

Players like Ebert and Chaplin are structure killers and while they are on the list we go nowhere. A clean out is needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back