team v geelong in Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
With a long trip and a hot, humid and possibly wet night game I would rest Brogan and bring in either deluca or giles.

Any other players should that should be rotated ?

The forecast for Darwin for the next few days is consistent. Showers and storms and 32. Probably should be a couple extra allowed on the bench.

With a long trip and a hot, humid and possibly wet night game I would rest Brogan and bring in either deluca or giles.

Any other players should that should be rotated ?

Deluca wont play, he only got out of hospital Friday, did a few laps at Alberton, went to the game, then went back to hospital.

When he had the pin removed from his broken hand from last year, they found ligament damage, so they did repairs. He will be out for the next couple of weeks I would say.

The forecast for Darwin for the next few days is consistent. Showers and storms and 32. Probably should be a couple extra allowed on the bench.
I saw the St Mary's v Wanderers game on the TV this morning in Alice Springs on the ABC and the rain was about 3 times as heavy as the Saints ,Brisbane game last night.Charlie King on ABC radio today said it was probably the heaviest rain he has ever seen during a footy game so I hope it clears by next week.

I saw the St Mary's v Wanderers game on the TV this morning in Alice Springs on the ABC and the rain was about 3 times as heavy as the Saints ,Brisbane game last night.Charlie King on ABC radio today said it was probably the heaviest rain he has ever seen during a footy game so I hope it clears by next week.
Apparently there was thunder and lightning all over the place.
Thunder and lightning up here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> worse than thunder and lightning down Mexicoway.

Wouldn't mind seeing some more youngsters.

Maybe rest Wakelin, Lade, Wilson and PB.

Bring in Cockshell, Giles, Symes and/or Surjan and Boak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With any luck, this should be an awesome game!

Well, it will certainly be a challenge for us; Geelong looked really good against Richmond.

But it was Richmond. You won't have quite the free run through the midfield that they were giving you, and -- unlike Richmond -- we do have some strong defenders.

On the other hand, your boys have figured out how to actually kick goals, which is still something of a problem for us.

Yes, should be a ripper (although the weather will probably slow both sides down a notch).

Our boys for some reason, love playing in Darwin and normally perform at their best..

Geelong are a good team at home, but on the road and particularly in the top end.. I dont think that they will be the same team that they were on Sunday.

Port seem pretty desperate to win the Cup... once again they will slow down their progress by not picking any of their new players this week.. another full strength side to take on the Cats i'd imagine.

What do you mean by slow down their progress. You do realise the age profile of our side was idenitical to your on the weekend.

I dont see the point in throwing all your kids on the park in the pre season games just for the sake of doing it. A couple is fine, but consider that we already had a group of youngsters out there that we blooded late last year - why toss them aside now.

I'd be looking to get Cockshell and Boak in there to see if they can impact on the team.

I doubt it will happen considering we look to be trying to win the NAB.

Ah - well if its Cockshell and Boak then I completely understand - they should already be penned into our Round 1 team to play Fremantle.

Its a difficult balancing act.

Will be interesting to see if both clubs go with their strongest teams. I wouldn't be suprised to see senior players from both teams rested from playing in hot humid conditions which can be sapping and take a while to recover from.

Port seem pretty desperate to win the Cup... once again they will slow down their progress by not picking any of their new players this week.. another full strength side to take on the Cats i'd imagine.

Once again slow down our progress? You mean from the 3 Rising star nominations from last season?

Not bitter from Friday night? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

team v geelong in Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back