Team vs Doggies - Who should be in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: team vs doggies your thoughts who should be in

I think Ben Reid will be a CHB as he been playing in the NAB Cup/Challange there.

I see both Beams and Sidebottom will both playing.

I hope Dawes plays at FF

leigh brown better not bloody play goldsack and reid should be before him

i wouldnt play nbrown or reid in round 1 for lack of matchup.

goldsack should play. i spose the only problem is if minson plays forward much, maybe play leroy on him in that case

My guess is

B: Toovey Presti Goldsack
HB: O'Brien Maxwell Shaw
C: Beams Ball Thomas
HF: Didak Cloke Lockyer
FF: Davis Anthony Medhurst
R: Jolly Swan Pendles
I: L. Brown O'Bree Johnson Fraser

Em: Sidebottom Wellingham Macaffer

My guess is

I would put in Sidebottom for Johnson or O'Bree

My guess is

Very close I'd say. Wellingham will get a game and I think Goldy might not be fit, which is a real shame.

If Goldy is fit, Wellingham in for BJ.

Very close I'd say. Wellingham will get a game and I think Goldy might not be fit, which is a real shame.

If Goldy is fit, Wellingham in for BJ.

Heater 39's team looks just about spot on.

I think Wellingham very likely to play against Dogs with his pace and agree Goldy may well be the one to miss.

BJ needs to play consistently well to hold Sidebottom out.

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell

HB: Shaw - O'Brien - Wellingham

C: Didak - Swan - McCarthy

HF: Davis - Cloke - Thomas

F: Lockyer - Anthony - Medhurst

FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball

INT: Johnson - O'Bree - L. Brown - Fraser​

I would put in Sidebottom for Johnson or O'Bree

:thumbsu: I agree but one thing is as good as set in stone...that O'bree being a part of the leadership group will not be dropped for any one, so my main dilemma now is how to fit Sidebottom into this team :confused:

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell

HB: Shaw - O'Brien - Wellingham

HF: Davis - Cloke - Thomas

F: Lockyer - Anthony - Medhurst

FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball

Think this is pretty much spot on - toss up between McCarthy and Sidebottom for mine. Emergencies would be along the lines of Sidebottom/McCarthy, Beams and Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell​

HB: Shaw - O'Brien - Wellingham​

HF: Davis - Cloke - Thomas​

F: Lockyer - Anthony - Medhurst​

FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball​

Sidebottom is a mile ahead of J-Mac!

Toss up between Sidebottom and McCarthy? My word Dave.

McCarthy will not play round 1. Neither will Reid or N.Brown. Good chance Beams will miss due to his indiscretion in favor of SB.

L.Brown will play.

I also suspect BH will get suspended if we get on top. He was about 1cm away from a 6 week suspension against the Saints.

Toss up between Sidebottom and McCarthy? My word Dave.

McCarthy will not play round 1. Neither will Reid or N.Brown. Good chance Beams will miss due to his indiscretion in favor of SB.

L.Brown will play.

I also suspect BH will get suspended if we get on top. He almost lost it against the Saints.

Probably right, i just think a lot of Sidebottom's season last year has been boiled down to one game. The majority of his performances were no where near the effort of the semi.

I'm a big wrap for McCarthy as well - liked his game against Richmond in the practice match when he was on the field and attacks the shit out of the footy.

Agree on L.Brown getting a gig and Beams probably not.

There is absolutely no reason for Johnson being in our side be it round 1 or round 22. He is a turnover merchant, doesn't go in awfully hard, doesn't provide us with any great speed or carry and in my opinion, if we want to be a flag winning side then players like him should not be getting games unless for injuries. Give me any of Beams, Sidebottom, McCarthy or Wellingham before him PLEASE!!! I honestly thought we were past the Ben Johnson getting games for Collingwood stage. Nothing against the bloke I just don't see how he can help us achieve the ultimate

There is absolutely no reason for Johnson being in our side be it round 1 or round 22. He is a turnover merchant, doesn't go in awfully hard, doesn't provide us with any great speed or carry and in my opinion, if we want to be a flag winning side then players like him should not be getting games unless for injuries. Give me any of Beams, Sidebottom, McCarthy or Wellingham before him PLEASE!!! I honestly thought we were past the Ben Johnson getting games for Collingwood stage. Nothing against the bloke I just don't see how he can help us achieve the ultimate

Wrong, wrong and wrong. His disposal efficiency is no where near that bad - he just looks like a ******* when he kicks. He does go in hard and put his head over the ball, and does provide us with run an carry.

Dont know which Ben Johnson you were watching last year but it wasn't the same one as me. He's not the best player on our list by a stretch but he is more than a depth player and definitely more than the mug you make him out to be.

Lets see how he goes in round 1 (which he will play) and the few rounds after that.

Am I the only person who thinks Leigh Brown was one of our most solid contributors over the second half of last season? I've been watching the match replays from last year on BigpondTV and although he started off very poorly, his form actually became quite good towards the end of the year.

He was one of our best in the Preliminary final against Geelong, which impressed me given how poorly we were playing.

I can see him playing round one.

EDIT: Beams and Sidebottom to both play. Reid to perhaps be rested until round two. Also, Wellingham ahead of Johnson, McCarthy or MacCaffer

THIS is the moment Brad Johnson convinced the Western Bulldogs he was ready to play in Round 1.

024200-brad-johnson.jpg

Johnson: "Jeebus my damned leg ****en hurts. Hold me up for the camera for chrisakes"

What odds he does play?

Am I the only person who thinks Leigh Brown was one of our most solid contributors over the second half of last season? I've been watching the match replays from last year on BigpondTV and although he started off very poorly, his form actually became quite good towards the end of the year.

He was one of our best in the Preliminary final against Geelong, which impressed me given how poorly we were playing.

I can see him playing round one.

EDIT: Beams and Sidebottom to both play. Reid to perhaps be rested until round two. Also, Wellingham ahead of Johnson, McCarthy or MacCaffer

NO.

Yes.

Yes.

No on Brown? I'm not saying he was spectacular, just that he wasn't the ****-up people make him out to be. Serviceable is the word I'm looking for.

I think Ben Reid will be a CHB as he been playing in the NAB Cup/Challange there.

I see both Beams and Sidebottom will both playing.

I hope Dawes plays at FF

Whyyyyy? Because he kicked a bag in the VFL and was average in NAB Cup games?

I still suspect Reid will get a gig first up and Leroy will miss, just as he did in round 22. Reid can float the wings, play as a tall rebounding flanker (he has a lot more pace and is far more agile which is a necessity against the Dogs) and can still potentially go forward if he doesn't have a match up down back. I don't view him solely as a KPD. Everitt hurt us last time and he moves through the centre a bit, Reid matches up well on him.

I also don't see Brown as being a permanent fixture up forward, he will clog Anthony and Medhurst's space too much, we have a congested enough forward line as is. I think he is/was insurance if JA didn't get up, but now I can't see Brown starting at FF in the real thing, especially if Fraser is floating around down there.

They've certainly given Reid every chance to get a guernsey in the first round anyway on the back of 4 NAB games. They are clearly considering him pretty strongly.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see any combination of Macaffer, Sidebottom, McCarthy, Beams or Wellingham. You could throw a blanket over them at this stage.
It's a new year and a clean slate as well, I don't agree that anyone from this group is "miles ahead" of any one other and I think if you do believe that, then you might be in for a surprise come the announcement of team selection.

The tune always changes, especially if we lose first up, but at this stage there is massive competition for spots. If these young blokes want a game, they are going to be made to earn it the way things stand currently. Frustrating for us budding coaches to select a team, but certainly not a bad dilemma to have on our hands.

Johnson will play as well, I think he is required going up against the Dogs. McCarthy is breathing down his neck though.

O'Bree? You're kidding me?
Why? I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable with O'Bree and Ball in the same midfield against the Dogs and their pace.

One of Ball and O'Bree would have to be benched and rotating with the other if it is to work. One of Ball/O'Bree missing isn't something I'd call insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team vs Doggies - Who should be in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back