Team you want most to win the GF, team you really don't want to win the GF*

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
*aside from your own, of course

Of all those who are real contenders, if your team doesn't win (if it's in the mix) which team would you most want to win the flag, and which the least? You can rank if you wish.

My ranking from most to least:

Western Bulldogs
North Melbourne
Adelaide
GWS
Sydney
Geelong/Hawthorn

From most to least
Adelaide
GWS
Geelong
North
Bulldogs
Sydney
Hawthorn

Yeah i think majority of Eagles fans will be hoping Hawthorn don't win of the other teams after last year lol.

What makes it worse was we lost to them in our first GF, the 1991 GF at Waverley Park. On a positive note, if history is to repeat itself, we're due for a flag this year ;). Indeed twice we've won the GF after losing it the previous year, so you never know lol. Wishful thinking maybe.

We've also never actually beaten a Melbourne team in a GF. For some reason I really want to us to beat a Melbourne team in Melbourne haha.

In order:

1. Crows
2. Doggies
3. Geelong - but only if they beat Hawthorn in the GF. Each team having 4 flags would liven the rivalry up a bit
4. West Coast
5. North
6. Hawthorn - sick of them
7. GWS - the sooner they get their multi-flag dynasty out of the way the better
8. Sydney

The top 4 I would be happy with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most to least:

Bulldogs (It's time)

North (Wouldn't mind a real underdog flag. Hardly rated but they win finals)

Hawthorn (Four in a row would be a tremendous achievement)

West Coast (I think of them as the Crows' older cousins)

Sydney (COLA is gone, so that gripe no longer exists for me)

Daylight

Geelong (Yeah ... no. Couldn't stand the gloating and Brownlow/premiership double for Judas of Floggs Creek)

Daylight

Daylight

GWS (Would not be a legitimate premiership, but one built on the biggest concessions ever. Unfair. The equivalent of one runner being given the best Nikes while everyone else has to run barefoot)

From most to least
Adelaide
GWS
Geelong
North
Bulldogs
Sydney
Hawthorn
What you said with my team out of course and WCE replacing. I think theyre a genuine chance and good to watch, Crows on top becuase I've always liked them. Hawks last becuase I think they've had their go and it's time for them toearn you cant win every year. Used to rate the Bulldogs higher until we played them ànd had some to and fro on BF. Not all but they do have some reaĺly dumb supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team you want most to win the GF, team you really don't want to win the GF*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back