News Teams RD 16:- Carlton v Sydney Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm also pumped about getting to see yaz run around again.. And like so many others i feel we shouldn't be focusing on what a 1st year kid hasn't done for us yet, say it when he is playing every week and under-performing, but at this stage i just don't feel that anyone is qualified to, or has seen enough to pass judgment on him...

Good changes, get some strength and experience back in defence. :thumbsu:
Hopefully Stevo puts his hand up in the magoos this week along with Aussie so we can be lookin at Tex, Carlos, Stevo and Aussie all comin in to give us everything able to dismantle the filth next week..

But for this week i reckon the MC have made the right calls. :)

But JR only had 25 touches, 10 tackles and saved a child from a burning building, but had 1 clanger so he needs to be dropped.

I haven't complained of JR in the last 2 weeks have I? In fact I have said I was happy with his solid performances, but 2 games is nothing needs to continue his form.

Stevens by all accounts was pathetic in the reserves. Letting a player who is VFL quality get BOG last week speaks volumes about Stevens. Like has been mentioned I doubt Stevens will be on our list end of the year and I for one would be happy.

This statement needs to be put in perspective, firstly Stevens has a year to run on his contract, so we are going to make the decision to delist him and pay him out of his contract, when we still have players of the calibre of Anderson, Bentley,Fisher,Armfield,Johnson still getting games.

The last two weeks have been quite ordinary against very weak opposition and we still require significant improvement in our list to be a top 4 team.
Stevens is still very much in our best 22 if he can find some form, l would be very surprised if he not back in next week against some decent opposition.

I like how Bentley is the new JR!!

I've always been a big fan of JR and am happy to see the calling for his head has stopped...for now.

Great ins, think we should get over the line with that side.

If Yarran has a better game than Garlett (not hard to do) then he has done his job.
If not then we may have a problem...

Albyg Jeff is out of the team beacause he hasnt played a good game in a long time, and every time he gets the pill he shits himself and throws it on the boot asap.

Not real sure Yarran deserves a game, but lets hope he pulls his finger out and has a red hot dip, i have my fingers firmly crossed.

Who were the other outs lads? and The other ins..

I like how Bentley is the new JR!!

I've always been a big fan of JR and am happy to see the calling for his head has stopped...for now.

Great ins, think we should get over the line with that side.

If Yarran has a better game than Garlett (not hard to do) then he has done his job.
If not then we may have a problem...
Fantastic to see Armfield replaced by Yarran across half back (if he plays there), He will have the same amount of pace that Armfield offers but with a much better skill set.:thumbsu:

Happy with the changes for the most part. Fisher staying in is a bit bewildering but with Setanta still injured he's probably our best option in the position.

Very excited about Yarran getting a game even if it might not be entirely warranted. Will probably not be able to watch it which is disappointing but will hopefully be able to tape it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suprised to see Ablett and Bevan in the Sydney omissions.

Both do well against us.
Would love to see McVeigh as a late withdrawl.

They have the wood on us this lot,
and they get a lot of drive out of half back/mids.

Gunna be a real grind this one.

Nup.

I think our back line is going to struggle against the swans,

with:
o'loughlin in reasonable form -> Bower
Heath Grundy at CHF, bigger body -> Jamison

Ed Barlow fairly tall & Jesse White, ruckman / forward who has kicked 18 goals in his last two matches, be it in the reserves

swans also have both Jolly and Pyke playing therefore one ruckman you would think would spend most of their time up front.

with thornton the only other tall playing defender in the side i think we are too short. Hartlett may be a late inclusion.

Cant' see Yarran off HBF for long - replacing Garlett as the resting FP and we'll be short of other possible makeshift forwards, as JR may also play across HB as an option on ROK.
Saying that; Carrazzo (or again, maybe JR) may be the tagger off the HFF on Rhyce Shaw that will reduce one position up forward but we still need to attack.
Would also agree that Bower won't return just yet and Hart's will be back in (bit more height to counter J.White on the FB line + another tall option if needed without Setanta back).
This is Bentley's game to add his body impact & blocks around the packs - but the end must be nigh...lucky nobody else is stepping up to take that role but you can't expect to win finals with your +/-40th best player out there.
Setanta & AW (and Bower if he misses) to come back in next week hopefully.
Stevens may get a gig as a HFF on his return but would like him to serve at least another 2-3 weeks in the 2's.
Hoping that Joey (and Hart's, if he plays) go well + Hampson is fit to play + Yarran follows Garlett's defensive pressure, while showing off his silky skills (and up forward).

Yarran don't deserve to be in the line up he has shown nothing so far for a top round pick, Garlett will be a much better player then him once he puts a little more size on.

Just have to keep playing Yarran, everyone was expecting Gibbs to set the world on fire when he first began but as soon as he got to 30 games, he started featuring in the best players, give it time he's only played a handful of games, can't believe some of you are jumping all over him and another thing Stevens be a part of our next premership, Yarran most likely will.

I am getting pissed off at the amount of so called Carlton fans who are bagging a kid. I hate it when kids from any club gets bagged, Yarran is 18 or 19, a long way from home, trying to play in the AFL against men. Let him complete his two years and then we can judge, now shut the **** up, leave him alone and let him play the game he loves.

Wasn't so long ago that you were doing the same thing to JR. Admitedly, he is a bit older and has had some games into him but he was doing nice things in pretty much every game and was still getting hammered on this board (by others as well as you).

Wasn't so long ago that you were doing the same thing to JR. Admitedly, he is a bit older and has had some games into him but he was doing nice things in pretty much every game and was still getting hammered on this board (by others as well as you).

Because JR has had 5 years on our list and no improvement, having played 8 solid/average games in 5 years is pathetic. Although I have also said after his last two weeks that I was happy. Yarran is in his first year, is 18 and has only played what 4 games? Now shut up and read things properly.

Back off Guns. I just find it extremely stupid that you bag out a first year player and say he is slack and doesn't deserve a spot in our 22. I go down to the ants games and I also go to training. Yarran is not slack and lazy. He looks brilliant and slick moving up the ground. His kicking is great.

He told me this..... :rolleyes:
I never actually bagged him
Was not thrilled when he was drafted after watching him in the WAFL but thought he could shine.
What does bug me is that he has got a go after a not so great pre-season and not exactly great form for the Ants when my old china plate Ellard has done his time, worked his butt off physically and in the skills dept and carried that into good form for the Ants.
Yarran maybe the future but as others have said he should have to earn it

I never actually bagged him
Was not thrilled when he was drafted after watching him in the WAFL but thought he could shine.
What does bug me is that he has got a go after a not so great pre-season and not exactly great form for the Ants when my old china plate Ellard has done his time, worked his butt off physically and in the skills dept and carried that into good form for the Ants.
Yarran maybe the future but as others have said he should have to earn it

Well there's your problem right there....maybe all those WH baggers have a point...no crockery on the field.......

Yarran may well have been doing exactly what the VFL coaches asked of him.....

...or despite the line up that has been published he may line up as a direct replacement for Garlett in the FP as part of a rotation policy.....

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams RD 16:- Carlton v Sydney Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back