Television coverage bitch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is excusable, the first 100m was being run as Kelly was going for gold. I'd rather see an Aussie winning a gold than a live Semi of the 100m. THe final, no.. but the Semi I can take and remember guys, there are sports lovers here but don't forget that Australians mainly want to see Aussies hence why C7 gets more ratings than SBS.

Yeah but why the **** didn't they show the SF's back to back on tape!!! No and ad then a bloody medal ceremony that could have waited.

They have never pulled this shit with not showing the SF's live before.

It is excusable, the first 100m was being run as Kelly was going for gold. I'd rather see an Aussie winning a gold than a live Semi of the 100m. THe final, no.. but the Semi I can take and remember guys, there are sports lovers here but don't forget that Australians mainly want to see Aussies hence why C7 gets more ratings than SBS.

then ABC radio are gods, because they managed to cover BOTH LIVE

Yeah but why the **** didn't they show the SF's back to back on tape!!! No and ad then a bloody medal ceremony that could have waited.

They have never pulled this shit with not showing the SF's live before.
Because they thought "its already delayed, whats the difference if we delay it another few minutes"

then ABC radio are gods, because they managed to cover BOTH LIVE
They were run pretty much the same time so thats well done, but Seven has ads and also show replays of what just happened, ABC radio cant do that ofc.

Because they thought "its already delayed, whats the difference if we delay it another few minutes"

Plenty. They don't have to waste 10 minutes of our time waiting. As I said they haven't pulled this shit before and there is no need to now. I've defended for most of this wek be this is becoming rubbish.

Plenty. They don't have to waste 10 minutes of our time waiting. As I said they haven't pulled this shit before and there is no need to now. I've defended for most of this wek be this is becoming rubbish.

I realise that and I have no problem with what you are saying cause I agree. However, I was defending the point that they were showing Kelly ahead of the 100m because the majority of the viewership would like to see an Aussie (plus most wouldnt have known the 100 was delayed).

They were run pretty much the same time so thats well done, but Seven has ads and also show replays of what just happened, ABC radio cant do that ofc.

It's not that hard. Really

show event, if it is a quick change to another event cut straight over to that.

THE ****ING REPLAYS CAN WAIT. I don't immediately need to see a replay if there is a relevant live event on. Also adverts can be scheduled in other slots.

I'm getting the impression that 7s coverage is dictated by the ad scheduling not the ads coming at natural time between events.

Honestly their coverage reeks of laziness.

I've just sat through a nuaseating minute watch a Ch.7 promo trying to link the "guts and determination and dreams" of Australian medal winning Olympians with the the "guts and determination and dreams" and whatever.

All I can say is WTF!

I'm now flipping over to SBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the day before

Or the day before that

Or even in Athens or Sydney!

Keep watching and they'll replay Dawn Fraser in 1956

Heh, I guess they have shown Derek Redmond breaking down in 1992 about 40000000 times - sure, it's a classic Olympic memory, but ffs, we don't want to see it again this year.

we would have to be the only developed countries in the world that requires radio to get the latest results of the olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Channel 7 are advertising memorabilia from the womens' 4 x 200 freestyle relay, a framed, personally signed piece at just $549.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the individual "personal" signatures of the 4 girls are all in the same hand writing?

Just wondered.

I don't think they've had a chance yet to get the girls to actually sign the mock-up.

Wouldn't think it's going to be a big seller, either.

I could be watching the Dreamteam right now but instead they're showing divers whose names I cannot pronounce:thumbsdown:

wow.

no-one has written about Channel Seven for 12 and a half hours.

How's this for a statistic or two:

Friday night in Adelaide Channel Seven lost around 60,000 viewers the moment they crossed to the Port Adelaide - Collingwood game. The switchboards then lit up with people complaining that they are showing a game that no-one cares about etc. etc.

In Melbourne the same time: 150,000 viewers switched off or over once the football started. And in Perth it was around 60,000 viewers also.

Damned if you do: damned if you don't.

:rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

You do realise you're complaining about watching AUSTRALIAN divers over the AMERICAN basketball team?

I see your point, but the diving was delayed by 2-3hrs, and I assume he, like most people, prefer live sport than just showing delayed events 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back