Tell me why we shouldn't be expecting to make Top 4 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

we will make finals this year because I am away for 6 weeks and get back to Australia a week before the grand final
Yeah similar I have my best mates wedding in the UK on the 3rd September and don't fly back to Australia the Wednesday of GF Week 25th September.

So won't be here for the first 3 week of Finals so the Watch AFL App will get a workout.

I assume that cover finals.

Yeah similar I have my best mates wedding in the UK on the 3rd September and don't fly back to Australia the Wednesday of GF Week 25th September.

So won't be here for the first 3 week of Finals so the Watch AFL App will get a workout.

I assume that cover finals.
covers all games yeppo. it how i watch for past 4 years

at the end of this weekend we should still be in the top 4, so our boys should be trying to stay there
unlikely....

I can settle with 5th to 8th again this season.

5th and a finals win would be good.

Another 5 or 6 young blokes getting their 1st ever finals win would be nice too.

unlikely....

I can settle with 5th to 8th again this season.

5th and a finals win would be good.

Another 5 or 6 young blokes getting their 1st ever finals win would be nice too.
For too long we have, as a supporter base, aimed too low Freomaniac. I hope our club puts no limit on where this group can go this year. You never know, we could pinch one like the Baby Bombers in 1993 or the young Hawthorn team in 2008. Starts tomorrow when we face that mob Carlton. Beat them and who knows. Go Freo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For too long we have, as a supporter base, aimed too low Freomaniac. I hope our club puts no limit on where this group can go this year. You never know, we could pinch one like the Baby Bombers in 1993 or the young Hawthorn team in 2008. Starts tomorrow when we face that mob Carlton. Beat them and who knows. Go Freo!

Again, Need to be realistic.

I was always positive in our 2016-21 rebuild even in 2016-8 when it was dire.

Again... No shame if freo finish 5th or 6th and win a home elim final like 2010 or 2022. Crazy to think that Mundy and Walters are the only 2 blokes to play in both of those elim finals.

I will always savour that 2022 elim final win. 19 of those 23 blokes got their 1st ever career finals win on dockers colours. That finals win was the reward of tolerating that 2016-21 rebuild.

But my main concern from now until the end of the season is getting enough wins for a finals spot.

Again, Need to be realistic.

I was always positive in our 2016-21 rebuild even in 2016-8 when it was dire.

Again... No shame if freo finish 5th or 6th and win a home elim final like 2010 or 2022. Crazy to think that Mundy and Walters are the only 2 blokes to play in both of those elim finals.

I will always savour that 2022 elim final win. 19 of those 23 blokes got their 1st ever career finals win on dockers colours. That finals win was the reward of tolerating that 2016-21 rebuild.

But my main concern from now until the end of the season is getting enough wins for a finals spot.
With the 3/0 start, we need 10 more wins from 20 games and 2 of those against Methcoast. 8 wins from 18, with 8 at Optus, I like those odds.
Beat Carltank in Adelaide today and it’s even better.
1 game and 1 win at a time.

Fwdline will probably hold us back. Hopefully things look a little better when Jacko shifts up there and we bring in a little more class with Sturt/Simpson, but I have a feeling we won't really improve until Amiss/Treacy/Emmett have another ~20 games in them. Expect more frustration to come as we fail to capitalise on midfield superiority.

Fwdline will probably hold us back. Hopefully things look a little better when Jacko shifts up there and we bring in a little more class with Sturt/Simpson, but I have a feeling we won't really improve until Amiss/Treacy/Emmett have another ~20 games in them. Expect more frustration to come as we fail to capitalise on midfield superiority.
Yes. We need to have a little patience.
Emmett-6 games
Amiss- 29 games
Treacy-40 games

With the 3/0 start, we need 10 more wins from 20 games and 2 of those against Methcoast. 8 wins from 18, with 8 at Optus, I like those odds.
Beat Carltank in Adelaide today and it’s even better.
1 game and 1 win at a time.
Well I was gutted with that Carlton vs Freo result.

We will lose to port and go 3-2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back