Toast Tendai Mzungu 100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats
Selection pending this week against Norrf, Tendai should be running out in the purple jumper for the 100th time on Sunday.

I know he's not the most popular player on these forums right now, but his effort cannot be questioned.

To celebrate this milestone, here's a video of Mzungu's most famous moment at a sports ground:

Go Mz!!

Took a fantastic mark against StKilda last year running into the forward line. Has played his best footy doing that playing on a wing where his endurance leaves his opponent behind, I was thinking these reduced rotations should suit him this year.

Always like to see the 100 game milestone reached for the future father/son academies that seemingly all other long term teams have.

Also a fan of MZ, especially a couple of years ago, but at the moment he will be waiting a fair while for the opportunity to reach the milestone.

came to the game and particularly the big time late. Might have been special if he'd come through the 18's or might not have made it at all.
I remember watching him for Perth in the WAFL before he got drafted and he looked a cut above. Was very happy when we drafted him and I think he's played some very good footy for Freo. Just now though the game looks to have gone past him. Still gives great effort and gets plenty of the ball just burns it too often.
A good servant. Well played Tendai!

Always like to see the 100 game milestone reached for the future father/son academies that seemingly all other long term teams have.

Also a fan of MZ, especially a couple of years ago, but at the moment he will be waiting a fair while for the opportunity to reach the milestone.
Especially since we can no longer draft players who played 150+ games for East Freo/South Freo/Perth/Swan Districts now that our 20 year eligibility period has expired (Brett Peake being the only player we obtained from that). We're entirely dependent on our 100+ game players now.

For the record, our 34 100+ game players:
Pavlich, McPharlin, Sandilands, S Parker, Mundy, McManus, Hasleby, M Johnson, Grover, Crowley, Duffield, Bell, Hill, Ibbotson, Mayne, Walker, Cook, J Longmuir, Black, de Boer, Kickett, M Carr, Suban, Farmer, Schammer, Norrish, Hayden, Ballantyne, Barlow, Fyfe, Headland, Waterhouse, Bandy, Dodd.

Especially since we can no longer draft players who played 150+ games for East Freo/South Freo/Perth/Swan Districts now that our 20 year eligibility period has expired (Brett Peake being the only player we obtained from that). We're entirely dependent on our 100+ game players now.

For the record, our 34 100+ game players:
Pavlich, McPharlin, Sandilands, S Parker, Mundy, McManus, Hasleby, M Johnson, Grover, Crowley, Duffield, Bell, Hill, Ibbotson, Mayne, Walker, Cook, J Longmuir, Black, de Boer, Kickett, M Carr, Suban, Farmer, Schammer, Norrish, Hayden, Ballantyne, Barlow, Fyfe, Headland, Waterhouse, Bandy, Dodd.

Great Information, certainly more than I thought. Was Clem Michael not a father son selection?
Maybe we could start our father son academy soon, it is not just about getting AFL players but also fostering that link between former player families and our club in general.

How I wish McGovern had made his way to 100 games and our recruiters were not blind to all WA talent.

Great Information, certainly more than I thought. Was Clem Michael not a father son selection?
Maybe we could start our father son academy soon, it is not just about getting AFL players but also fostering that link between former player families and our club in general.

How I wish McGovern had made his way to 100 games and our recruiters were not blind to all WA talent.

No...for some reason that I'm yet to fathom, he was actually drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'll be rooting for tendai. I'll remember how for years at the end of a game it would still be him running tackling etc. And I always appreciated his calm face.

At his peak was a running and tackling machine. Very fond memories of his early days with the club.

Will be sad to see A few people like him fade away. They gave their all for the club and were instrumental in getting us to the grand final.

Mu might have lost his mojo but as some others have mentioned kicking that 1st goal in the GF is something that I will always be grateful for. I was at the game and thought at the time that losing badly was one thing but not kicking a goal in the first half would be one of those stats that would be haunt us forever. Thanks Tendai:thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tendai Mzungu 100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back