Terrific win .....but........!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Happy with the win.
2) Happy we had twice as many scoring shots.
3) Not happy they had more contested possessions.
4) Not happy with our overuse of the football at times including some ridiculous handball to players under pressure rather than simply kicking the ball upfield.
5) Unhappy we weren't further in front at half time when we had been playing against witches hats for the most part up till then.
6) Happy we won each quarter.
7) Unhappy our defense was so porous.
8) Not that worried by it though because Choco obviously gave his players licence to run free and was convinced (correctly) that we would outscore them.
9) Realistic enough to realise that a ten goal win against Essendon in their current state is the bare minimum.
10) Convinced that a similar stye would see us being destroyed by any one of the top four sides.
11) Hopeful that we won't play that way against them.
12) Pleased to see Pearcey play a decent game and kick some ripper passes to our forwards.
13) Pissed off that Motlop didn't go back and take his kick after a strong lead and brilliant pass from Pearce, opting instead to handball to a surprised Boak.
14) Impressed with Ryder and a couple of other Bombers players.
15) Concerned at the number of times Bombers players slipped through Port tackles.
16) Amused at the Essendon fans boo-a-thon. Sure there were plenty of dubious decisions but they went both ways. To maintain the rage throughout the game was ridiculous.
17) Still smiling at some gorgeous goals by Motlop and some beauties also from Salojet, Gray and Chaplin.

Off topic but here's a prediction:- By the end of the minor round Freo will be rated the best side out of the eight by their supporters and flag contenders for 2009. LOL at the purple pissants.

And Brogan??? Come on please, i respect his callibre, but you're kidding yourself if you think that your one-man-show will out ruck our combo!?
You are in for a rude awakening come next weekend.
Bookmark it son.

Love a bit of trash talk but seriously. One man show? Weve had one of the very best ruck combos in the league for a while now.

Currently Lade sits 4th and Brogan 7th in hitouts. Taylor is 8th and Campbell nowhere to be seen. In terms of around the ground, heres their total stats for the year:

Name / Disp / Mark / Goals
Lade 81 / 33 / 4
Brogan 71 / 23 / 3
Campbell 67 / 25 / 4
Taylor 62 / 18 / 1

Your rucks will be in the fetal position in the corner of the change rooms at half time.

This week's game against the Hawks will be a good test of where we are at against one of the current gun teams in the AFL.
I dont however think it will decide our fate for the year... I'm sure everyone will take a loss against Hawthorn in May if we redeem ourselves in August / September.

Our ruck stocks are an advantage, Lade & Brogan stack up well against any ruck pair in the league, but you have to concede the Hawks forwards are the in-form attack in the AFL at the moment so it will be a huge test for our defence.
Hodge will be missed but so will C.Cornes so about even there. It will be a good game to see & probably deserves a huge Tasmanian crowd.
Port's record down there is excellent..our only ever loss shoud've been a win with Motlop's brain fade after the siren.

Cant wait...bring it on.

Love a bit of trash talk but seriously. One man show? Weve had one of the very best ruck combos in the league for a while now.

Currently Lade sits 4th and Brogan 7th in hitouts. Taylor is 8th and Campbell nowhere to be seen. In terms of around the ground, heres their total stats for the year:

Name / Disp / Mark / Goals
Lade 81 / 33 / 4
Brogan 71 / 23 / 3
Campbell 67 / 25 / 4
Taylor 62 / 18 / 1

Your rucks will be in the fetal position in the corner of the change rooms at half time.

We could bench our rucks for the entire game and we'll still win.
Too bad that your 'super ruckmen's' tap out's will be going Hawks all day.

But seriously though, if you think that the ruck battle will be so one sided then you're in for a rude awakening. Luckly for you, Ports ruckmen won't be so complacent.

We could bench our rucks for the entire game and we'll still win.
Too bad that your 'super ruckmen's' tap out's will be going Hawks all day.

But seriously though, if you think that the ruck battle will be so one sided then you're in for a rude awakening. Luckly for you, Ports ruckmen won't be so complacent.

Like who?

Without Hodge you're rating Crawford, Mitchell, Lewis and Sewell as some all-vacuuming uber-midfield, it really is hilarious.

1) Happy with the win.
2) Happy we had twice as many scoring shots.
3) Not happy they had more contested possessions.
4) Not happy with our overuse of the football at times including some ridiculous handball to players under pressure rather than simply kicking the ball upfield.
5) Unhappy we weren't further in front at half time when we had been playing against witches hats for the most part up till then.
6) Happy we won each quarter.
7) Unhappy our defense was so porous.
8) Not that worried by it though because Choco obviously gave his players licence to run free and was convinced (correctly) that we would outscore them.
9) Realistic enough to realise that a ten goal win against Essendon in their current state is the bare minimum.
10) Convinced that a similar stye would see us being destroyed by any one of the top four sides.
11) Hopeful that we won't play that way against them.
12) Pleased to see Pearcey play a decent game and kick some ripper passes to our forwards.
13) Pissed off that Motlop didn't go back and take his kick after a strong lead and brilliant pass from Pearce, opting instead to handball to a surprised Boak.
14) Impressed with Ryder and a couple of other Bombers players.
15) Concerned at the number of times Bombers players slipped through Port tackles.
16) Amused at the Essendon fans boo-a-thon. Sure there were plenty of dubious decisions but they went both ways. To maintain the rage throughout the game was ridiculous.
17) Still smiling at some gorgeous goals by Motlop and some beauties also from Salojet, Gray and Chaplin.

Off topic but here's a prediction:- By the end of the minor round Freo will be rated the best side out of the eight by their supporters and flag contenders for 2009. LOL at the purple pissants.

LOL

Great post! :thumbsu:

Agree with most of that too :)

our midfield i whole heartedly believe can match motors with hawks,

and no matter how much of a clown you are our rucks will destroy yours

Like who?

Without Hodge you're rating Crawford, Mitchell, Lewis and Sewell as some all-vacuuming uber-midfield, it really is hilarious.

Hodge has only played 2 good games??
Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Crawford, McGlynn, Bateman, Ellis, even Dew and possible inclusion of Tuck or Clarke would absolutely cream Ports mid.
You're in some kind of twisted denial if you think other wise.
Anywho, bla bla bla, i'll see you in two weeks, i know where to find you.

Hodge has only played 2 good games??
Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Crawford, McGlynn, Bateman, Ellis, even Dew and possible inclusion of Tuck or Clarke would absolutely cream Ports mid.
You're in some kind of twisted denial if you think other wise.
Anywho, bla bla bla, i'll see you in two weeks, i know where to find you.

How many AA's between those guys besides old man Crawford?

LOL at Elllis - he is on the verge of being dropped.

Dew? Bateman? McGlynn? VANILLA at best.

Tuck or Clarke? You're now including the guys who have been playing for Box Hill in your uber-midfield?

How many AA's between those guys besides old man Crawford?

LOL at Elllis - he is on the verge of being dropped.

Dew? Bateman? McGlynn? VANILLA at best.

Tuck or Clarke? You're now including the guys who have been playing for Box Hill in your uber-midfield?

Hodge, Mitchell, Crawford and Dew are all AA's.
Bateman is in career best form and Sewell will be AA this year.
McGlynn lead Judd with the most inside 50's in the league last year untill he went out injured towards the end.

Hodge, Mitchell, Crawford and Dew are all AA's.
Bateman is in career best form and Sewell will be AA this year.
McGlynn lead Judd with the most inside 50's in the league last year untill he went out injured towards the end.

Hodge isn't playing.

What year were Mitchell and Dew AA?

Hey DF, I like your confidence in your side, I wish I could say the same with my Port.

I dont think its going to be easy as you think it may be.

I look foward to see how both teams have progressed.

I am also interested in the way both teams handle the bye. In past years, some teams have had to regroup and have never recovered and fallen by the wayside.

I think that you guys will get the better of us, but you will need to be at your absolute best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brisbane we were thrashing,

adelaide you copped after a derby,

collingwood...WTF?? a bunch of muppets,

OMG your bragging about beating freo after what happened on the weekend....HAHAHAHA

2 weeks time, your team will be found out as pretenders when they come up against port, Hawthorn pretenders from toilets of launceston

just calm down, u are acting as childish as he and if u keep it up u will put the mockers on us, leave the talking to wat happens on the pitch, to many time in the last couple years have we talked upourselves to see our team not show up.

just calm down, u are acting as childish as he and if u keep it up u will put the mockers on us, leave the talking to wat happens on the pitch, to many time in the last couple years have we talked upourselves to see our team not show up.
i am sorry i am just not that person, he comes into our forum and disrespect our team and you expect me to keep my mouth shut to this clown, and you sticking up for him when me and you supportting the same team whatever man....

Very pleased with our performance. Motlop was sensational. It was even better watching the game with a mate who's an Essendon supporter. :p

i am sorry i am just not that person, he comes into our forum and disrespect our team and you expect me to keep my mouth shut to this clown, and you sticking up for him when me and you supporting the same team whatever man....
i think you have your wires crossed mate, im not supporting the muppet at all, but you are the one thats coming out looking the fool also, report his post and the mods will deal with it accordingly, some things you just have to take with a grain of salt, clearly this bloke has chucked out the line and you have bitten like a big King George Whiting.

Aah I get it.

He has 2 names, they play regularly in Tassie.

He is taking the piss on his own side for having to sell games interstate.

Hawthorn - May heroes who are still smarting after not making last years prelim

I hear Alipate can lay a great shoulder bump, no buddy no hawkies.

DF is one of those idiots that goes looking for a fight at an away game then comes sooking when he loses it.

Reminds me so much of that cows' twat that Broges belted at the airport the other year.

All the Hawks supporters I know would be thoroughly embarassed by his outlandish statements. AFAIK Grand Finals aren't played until September. How about you make one first DF?

DF is one of those idiots that goes looking for a fight at an away game then comes sooking when he loses it.

Reminds me so much of that cows' twat that Broges belted at the airport the other year.

All the Hawks supporters I know would be thoroughly embarassed by his outlandish statements. AFAIK Grand Finals aren't played until September. How about you make one first DF?

Here Here :thumbsu:

I will always support a fellow Hawk supporter but many of us are starting to let a little success go to our head I think.

We are 7 good games in with 15 tough games (ok maybe 6 or 7 :D) to go.

To be honest a loss against you guys would probably give us a good wake-up call not to get too cocky (although I dont think I could handle the ribbing on BF if we did lose :eek:).

Your wins:
Essendon (easily the worst side in the comp at the moment, leak goals at a rate of knots)
West Coast (complete rubbish)
St Kilda (the most overrated side in the comp by a long way)

Your record in Tassie is obviously very good but if you think you are going to walk right over us like the previous 3 games you will be very surprised come Saturday week.
Port Adelaide's rucks are better but I laughed when I heard that Port's midfield is better than hawthorns. On paper you may say that they can match it but the reason Hawthorn has performed so well this season is the discipline of the midfield and their ability to perform the coaches orders. Clarkos cluster has ensured we have had the least Inside 50s against us for the year and we have won our fair share of clearances.
Bateman, Young and Osborne are incredibly underrated. When Hodge Mitchell and Sewell get tagged out of the game these blokes step it up.
Expecting a good game but if the hawks are on their game I can't see us losing this, good luck.

Your wins:
Essendon (easily the worst side in the comp at the moment, leak goals at a rate of knots)
West Coast (complete rubbish)
St Kilda (the most overrated side in the comp by a long way)

Your record in Tassie is obviously very good but if you think you are going to walk right over us like the previous 3 games you will be very surprised come Saturday week.
Port Adelaide's rucks are better but I laughed when I heard that Port's midfield is better than hawthorns. On paper you may say that they can match it but the reason Hawthorn has performed so well this season is the discipline of the midfield and their ability to perform the coaches orders. Clarkos cluster has ensured we have had the least Inside 50s against us for the year and we have won our fair share of clearances.
Bateman, Young and Osborne are incredibly underrated. When Hodge Mitchell and Sewell get tagged out of the game these blokes step it up.
Expecting a good game but if the hawks are on their game I can't see us losing this, good luck.

The game will be a good test for us to see if indeed we have turned things around and the Hawks make for a tough opponent - as you say we haven't beaten anyone of note but we did win..........as for some of the positive comments on the result I'd say it would be no different to the comments about the Hawks on your board given the input we've seen from some here.

We'll have to play better than we have for the last 4 weeks but we certainly believe we have the players that can do it if they stick to their tasks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific win .....but........!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back