Thai Soccer Team Trapped In Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all of the families approve of the rescue operation, it has been suggested.

When approached by a journalist who asked if all of the families have given their blessing, the governor of Chiang Rai province, Narongsak Osottanakorn, replied “No .. they know and the understand.”

Daniel Sutton, a senior Journalist with Network Ten Australia then asked, “Do they approve?” to which the governor reiterated “They know and they understand.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart move having the strongest go first seeing as they have to swim against the current

Parade them to the media while the weakest don’t survive
Or so that if things do go wrong that they haven’t thought of, it’s not the weakest kids that have to somehow try and figure out what to do. The strongest have a higher chance of getting through the unknown

Two divers will accompany each boy, who will wear full face masks as they are guided through the passageways by rope.

When facing a particularly narrow path the divers will release the tank from their back and slowly roll it through as they guide the boy through. This means that the boys will never be alone, as had been previously feared.

They will then walk from chamber 3, which has been drained to the extent that it is possible to walk in it, to the mouth of the cave that they entered on June 23.

The heavy rain that they expected has started and already flooded the media centre

I read that it only lasted for about 10 minutes.

So essentially once they are passed the Pataya beach water - though that is like 2km long so a long swim they can walk majority of the way from there?
I think the kids may still need to swim. It's more shallow with all the water being pumped out but it will be borderline swimming height for the kids I believe.

Tho they could be carried and there is much much less risk of drowning, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thai Soccer Team Trapped In Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back