thank god the port adelaide jumper issue is put to rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes I'm sure your pre-war flags are "gold" compared to our equivalent SANFL flags. :rolleyes: As a matter of fact Port actually smashed Collingwood in the 1910 Champions of Australia game (played between the VFL and SANFL premiers of that year) , so our peanuts were actually better that your gold-plated primadonnas! Port also beat Carlton, Fitzroy and the good old South Melbourne Bloods in other editions of this game. Hmm I'm starting to see a pattern here. Maybe the SANFL was not only equal to the VFL back then, but it was actually better!

Let's be real here. Any VFL flag won pre 80s in an 8 to 11 team state comp is no better than the equivalent SANFL or WAFL flag. Thems is just facts. :thumbsu:
roflmfao. Dream on peanut. You'll get plenty of support for that little hypothesis... Not! Them's just the facts! :D

In what area did you play? This seems familiar to me.

Gippsland Latrobe Junior Football League...Latrobe Valley.

He Played for Moe Colts.

I played for Newborough Hawks.
There was also Newborough Bulldogs, Mirboo North (Cats???) Moe Saints, Another Moe Team (Tigers???), Churchill Kangaroos, Trafalgar Bloods & I think Yarragon Pies.

Could have been others, but i may be getting confussed with U16's/U18's.

I started when I was 9, played from 1990 onwards...

As for the OP, there are many football clubs that "own" the black and white, you simply own those colours in the AFL.

And despite you winning this years premiership (and well done for that) almost every other club that has worn the black and white has done those colours more justice than the Collingwood FC.

The first statement is correct we do own the rights to those colours in the AFL or i should say that the AFL own them. However they will never allow a team other than Collingwood wear them.

As for your second comment well not so correct. Here is a selection of teams in the top level state leagues that wear black and white and there premierships.

Swan Districts est 1934: 8 premierships (WAFL)
Devonport Magpies est 1980: 1 premiership (TFL)
Glenorchy Magpies est 1919: 14 premierships (TFL)
Western Magpies est 1991: 2 premierships (both div two QAFL)
Western Suburbs Magpies est 1947: 10 premierships (AFL Sydney)

The only team in black and white with more success than Collingwood is Port Adelaide with 34 premierships I believe (as the 35th was won with teal black and white). Also can't believe simba_ counted the two premierships won by the Port Adelaide team that played in the SANFL this year. Which is completely separate from the one that has been around since 1870, as far as I'm aware anyway.

Ah yes I'm sure your pre-war flags are "gold" compared to our equivalent SANFL flags. :rolleyes: As a matter of fact Port actually smashed Collingwood in the 1910 Champions of Australia game (played between the VFL and SANFL premiers of that year) , so our peanuts were actually better that your gold-plated primadonnas! Port also beat Carlton, Fitzroy and the good old South Melbourne Bloods in other editions of this game. Hmm I'm starting to see a pattern here. Maybe the SANFL was not only equal to the VFL back then, but it was actually better!

Yeah, il go along the lines, guessing the Pies/Blues/Roys & Bloods didnt
see the need to field a proper side...was prob just their Reserves team ha ha.

Im guessing you think the AFL Team that just toured Ireland was the best that the AFL could offer too???? :rolleyes:

Let's be real here. Any VFL flag won pre 80s in an 8 to 11 team state comp is no better than the equivalent SANFL or WAFL flag. Thems is just facts.

Yet Collingwood HAVE won 15 flags, Geelong 8...and Port.....1.
AND THATS THE FACTS JACK!!!!

If your partial to the PURE AFL Flags...

COLLINGWOOD = 2 FROM 4??? or 5 (2010 = 2 or 1)
GEELONG = 2 FROM 6
PORT = 1 FROM 2....

Your still being owned.

roflmfao. Dream on peanut. You'll get plenty of support for that little hypothesis... Not! Them's just the facts! :D

Hey don't get mad. It's not my fault that 90% of your flags were won in a run of the mill state comp before colour TV was invented!

Thems is just facts. The truest facts that ever were facts! :thumbsu:

Dunno where you get your stats from...but Port Adelaide have only played in 2 grandfinals...1 win and 1 ABSOLUTE FLOGGING!!!!!

If you are taking into account the SANFL Premierships...they are like encouragement awards...

Geelong ahve won many many VFA Premierships before joining the VFL/AFL too...but we, and every other team acknowledge the fact that these arent VFL/AFL Premierships...as you should too with your Wheetbix Premierships.

Its nice of you to point out that VFL and AFL premierships are difeerent from each other. The fact is VFL premierships were won in a STATE LEAGUE just like SANFL premierships were. AFL premierships are in a national code. You cant argue with the facts

Collingwood couldn't handle a more successful Magpies football team joining "their" competition.. it's as simple as that

Collingwood - 42 grand finals
Collingwood - 15 flags
Port Adelaide - 62 grand finals
Port Adelaide - 37 flags

Having just seen that your a Port Adelaide supporter I pity you. Merely for the fact you are trying to claim 2 premierships won by a different club :eek:

Hey don't get mad. It's not my fault that 90% of your flags were won in a run of the mill state comp before colour TV was invented!

Thems is just facts. The truest facts that ever were facts! :thumbsu:
lol... Mate I'm not mad, I'm just still trying to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. :D:D:D

Its nice of you to point out that VFL and AFL premierships are difeerent from each other. The fact is VFL premierships were won in a STATE LEAGUE just like SANFL premierships were. AFL premierships are in a national code. You cant argue with the facts

Im not arguing wiht facts...itss seems to me that you are trying to re-write history...i have never ever seen anywhere....not a single thing, in any book, or online, or anything..EVER...stating Collingwood and Geelong ahve only won 2 premierships....WHERE..please...tell me...

EVERY single book about AFL....all the history, EVERYTHING...all are saying that Pies/Cats have won 15 & 8 Premierships respectively...

Maybe your reading something comeletly different...but when every single history book up to 2010 says this...They Are The Facts...and them same facts, by experts, all agree and say the same thing...

PORT ADELAIDE POWER...1 PREMISERHIP.
GEELONG CATS = 8 PREMIERSHIPS
COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES = 15 PREMIERSHIPS
ESSENDON BOMBERS/CARLTON BLUES = 16 PREMIERSHIPS.

Where is this magic link that is re-writing history and show otherwise...please...where....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

the inflammatory nuffies around here are only focusing on the nicknames of the teams, rather than the entities behind them.

the Power was created as a new team identity in 1996 as conditions were placed upon PAFC from transferring the Magpie one to the AFL. But the entity that operates the Power is the same PAFC that operated the Magpies from 1870 to 1996. The team moved leagues, the nickname did not.

as a result of this, the SANFL ordered the PAFC to create a new entity - PAMFC - to operate the Magpies and continue the Magpie presence in the state league because the SANFL and it's clubs would not allow the Port Adelaide SANFL team to use the resources of the PAFC - the entity that moved their operations into the AFL.

Peel back the top layer to see which entities drive the teams. The nuffies in this thread might understand the unique facts of this case a bit more.

I didnt think us wearing the Prison Bars was an issue anymore. If anything the merger means the PB jumper will always be recognised in the SANFL under the ONE PAFC. We are complete again. We are happy too.

I think the Back in Black jumper is one of the best in the competition so the issue is dead other than us wearing the PB for heritage round home games and they may not happen for a long time if at all.

And to anyone who thinks the team that won the second SA AFL licence bid (PAFC) didnt enter the AFL, you're a moron and to post anything other than this will prove it.

Im not arguing wiht facts...itss seems to me that you are trying to re-write history...i have never ever seen anywhere....not a single thing, in any book, or online, or anything..EVER...stating Collingwood and Geelong ahve only won 2 premierships....WHERE..please...tell me...

EVERY single book about AFL....all the history, EVERYTHING...all are saying that Pies/Cats have won 15 & 8 Premierships respectively...

Maybe your reading something comeletly different...but when every single history book up to 2010 says this...They Are The Facts...and them same facts, by experts, all agree and say the same thing...

PORT ADELAIDE POWER...1 PREMISERHIP.
GEELONG CATS = 8 PREMIERSHIPS
COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES = 15 PREMIERSHIPS
ESSENDON BOMBERS/CARLTON BLUES = 16 PREMIERSHIPS.

Where is this magic link that is re-writing history and show otherwise...please...where....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
What some of the supporters of the new franchises seem to forget is that the AFL is just the former VFL renamed. Unlike the distinct difference between playing in another comp or joining a new one like the foundation clubs did when they left the VFA. You don't see foundation clubs adding their VFA premierships to look better but then some people have inferiority complexes and well deserved ones at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your partial to the PURE AFL Flags...

COLLINGWOOD = 2 FROM 4??? or 5 (2010 = 2 or 1)
GEELONG = 2 FROM 6
PORT = 1 FROM 2....

Your still being owned.

So you're including stats pre 97, when we weren't even in the comp?! Yeah that makes for a balanced comparison! :rolleyes:

Since 1997...

Geelong - 2 from 3, best record bar Lions
Port - 1 from 2, had to beat the best team of the period to win their 1
Collingwood - 1 from 4, beat perennial GF choker St Kilda to get their 1, but only on the second try

And 6 other clubs didn't even trouble the premiership scoreboard during this period.

I don't think we are doing too badly sweetcheeks! :thumbsu:

I'd assume that as well, as I'd say there wouldn't be too many Port Adelaide supporters that would claim those two particular premierships.

I believe you are more than entitled to crow that you have won the 35 flags, however 34 of them should not and likely never will be counted the same as VFL premierships. Simply because they were won in a different league, I do realise that the VFL is different to the AFL, however the difference is that the AFL is a continuation of the VFL.

If the AFL ever certified Port Adelaide's SANFL premierships I think that the Victorian teams that won premierships in the VFA should then be allowed to claim those flags, which again I don't think is right because they were won in a different league.

So you're including stats pre 97, when we weren't even in the comp?! Yeah that makes for a balanced comparison! :rolleyes:

Since 1997...

Geelong - 2 from 3, best record bar Lions
Port - 1 from 2, had to beat the best team of the period to win their 1
Collingwood - 1 from 4, beat perennial GF choker St Kilda to get their 1, but only on the second try

And 6 other clubs didn't even trouble the premiership scoreboard during this period.

I don't think we are doing too badly sweetcheeks! :thumbsu:

My nomination for stupidest comment of the year.

So by your rationalle....2011...in a league thats been running for over 110 years....every team part of that comp...has won 0 premierships...just to make it fair on GC17 supporters who havent won one yet.

Oh boy...

So tell me princess...When does the competition start actually start.

You are starting the AFL Comp from 1997 now...jeez...if we start from 2007...you havent won 1 yet...what if we stat from 2025....its gonna be weird from now til then with no-one having won a premiership.

Your re-writing history to inflate your clubs success. Poor form..shame shame.:thumbsdown:

I'd assume that as well, as I'd say there wouldn't be too many Port Adelaide supporters that would claim those two particular premierships.

I believe you are more than entitled to crow that you have won the 35 flags, however 34 of them should not and likely never will be counted the same as VFL premierships. Simply because they were won in a different league, I do realise that the VFL is different to the AFL, however the difference is that the AFL is a continuation of the VFL.

If the AFL ever certified Port Adelaide's SANFL premierships I think that the Victorian teams that won premierships in the VFA should then be allowed to claim those flags, which again I don't think is right because they were won in a different league.
In fact the AFL and the former VFL are not different competitions except in name. What is more, it is and always has been known that the VFL was and still is the premier football league in the country that all serious players aspired to. What is totally hilarious is that some people here accuse foundation club supporters of ignoring the facts while they happily ignore those which don't suit their purpose. As I said, the whole proposition is just plain hilarious.

What some of the supporters of the new franchises seem to forget is that the AFL is just the former VFL renamed. Unlike the distinct difference between playing in another comp or joining a new one like the foundation clubs did when they left the VFA. You don't see foundation clubs adding their VFA premierships to look better but then some people have inferiority complexes and well deserved ones at that.

But Port aren't a new franchise we are a club that moved competitions not too different than what occured to the established Victorian clubs when the VFL competition was disbanded to create the AFL in 1990. Your team left the VFL to be in the AFL im sure if you didnt like it you could have become defunct like the VFL did at the time.

Your pre 1990 Premierships were won in a state based competition not a national league and a distinction has to be made but there is no doubting the significance of winning them and they should be recognised as VFL flags.

We make the distinction with pride we have our SANFL flags and lots of them and we have our one AFL flag which we freakin cherish.

We ditched our state league for the glory of the AFL so did you guys.

Gippsland Latrobe Junior Football League...Latrobe Valley.

He Played for Moe Colts.

I played for Newborough Hawks.
There was also Newborough Bulldogs, Mirboo North (Cats???) Moe Saints, Another Moe Team (Tigers???), Churchill Kangaroos, Trafalgar Bloods & I think Yarragon Pies.

Could have been others, but i may be getting confussed with U16's/U18's.

I started when I was 9, played from 1990 onwards...

Ah yes, the old U13 Newborough hawks, member of the glorious 1975 premiership team beating Moe Colts with 6foot plus Ian Bath (age 12) running around for them ( lost to them all year except that game). Won the league kicking distance comp that year with a 51m torp. Good times:thumbsu:

Mr Bradley was coach, Robert Sims (brissy bears) dad was assistant. At age 12, you dont ask first names!!!

But Port aren't a new franchise we are a club that moved competitions not too different than what occured to the established Victorian clubs when the VFL competition was disbanded to create the AFL in 1990. Your team left the VFL to be in the AFL im sure if you didnt like it you could have become defunct like the VFL did at the time.

Your pre 1990 Premierships were won in a state based competition not a national league and a distinction has to be made but there is no doubting the significance of winning them and they should be recognised as VFL flags.

We make the distinction with pride we have our SANFL flags and lots of them and we have our one AFL flag which we freakin cherish.

My nomination for stupidest post of the year!

The VFL did not at any time disband. It changed its name to AFL. Once again ignoring those facts which don't suit your argument adds nothing to it. You simply make yourself look sillier by the minute but hey, please continue.

Such entertainment! You've got to love some of the nuffies that come in here trolling like this. I guess it would have been a boring day without this sort of fun. :D

My nomination for stupidest comment of the year.

So by your rationalle....2011...in a league thats been running for over 110 years....every team part of that comp...has won 0 premierships...just to make it fair on GC17 supporters who havent won one yet.

Oh boy...

So tell me princess...When does the competition start actually start.

You are starting the AFL Comp from 1997 now...jeez...if we start from 2007...you havent won 1 yet...what if we stat from 2025....its gonna be weird from now til then with no-one having won a premiership.

Your re-writing history to inflate your clubs success. Poor form..shame shame.:thumbsdown:

Far out you're not bright are you cupcake!

If you want to compare Port's success in the AFL against other teams then you need to use the years when we were actually in the competition! Look I know that we're good, but surely you can't expect us to contend for the 1990-96 premierships from outside the competition!

I'm not even sure why you're getting your g-string in a knot anyway? All you guys did from 1990-1996 was lose 3 GF's, so your record actually improves if you do it properly!

:rolleyes:The VFL was "disbanded to create the AFL in 1990".

Gosh.

No wonder you guys tie yourselves in knots over your history.

Good luck with your re-bandment.

My nomination for stupidest post of the year!

The VFL did not at any time disband. It changed its name to AFL. Once again ignoring those facts which don't suit your argument adds nothing to it. You simply make yourself look sillier by the minute but hey, please continue.

Such entertainment! You've got to love some of the nuffies that come in here trolling like this. I guess it would have been a boring day without this sort of fun. :D

So who won the 1991 VFL flag?

As an outsider it seems to me to be quite simple...

Port Adelaide Magpies formed in the 1800's

Dominate SANFL in latter part of 1900's...

Get admitted to AFL in 1997...

Port enters AFL under new nickname (thanks to Collingwood's analness)

SANFL doesn't want to lose Port team so forces split

New SANFL team is formed - the PAMFC

Both teams struggle thanks to split identity

Both teams merge today

?????????????????

Profit

Exactly.

Remove this Banner Ad

thank god the port adelaide jumper issue is put to rest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back