The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumors thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a positive that Ashley is looking to spend the Carroll money by the looks of things.

I half expected that he'd pocket the £30m odd and keep looking for bargains.

But even if they don't come off (believe the Cabaye one in particular is as good as done) it's a good sign for the Geordies.

Absolute must get someone that will score goals, can't rely on Nolan again.

It's a positive that Ashley is looking to spend the Carroll money by the looks of things.

I half expected that he'd pocket the £30m odd and keep looking for bargains.

But even if they don't come off (believe the Cabaye one in particular is as good as done) it's a good sign for the Geordies.

Absolute must get someone that will score goals, can't rely on Nolan again.

By the looks of things he is, but you can never be too sure with Ashley. Gervinho would be a statement thats for sure. He is more a winger than striker but an attack force of Ben Arfa, Nolan, Gervinho and another striker would be a good outcome. Reports suggesting Gamiero but I can't see that happening. We need a number 9. Newcastle isn't Newcastle without a good number 9.

I expected Ashley to pocket the money also, but the fact he is only spending the cash that we got from Carroll is concerning. What about some extra funds?

Ashley is very good at dissapointing us when we look like getting on a high, so I ain't holding my breathe that this time will be any different. For all I know we will get Gervinho but sell Enrique, Barton and Nolan without any cover. We need to keep our core and add quality around that to push for a top 6 spot. Adding Cabaye and Gervinho and another striker to our team this year makes us a chance at that.

still likely to keep enrique?

Who knows? We have met his advisors this week, presented a new and improved offer and have told him apparently about our future plans. I reckon he is still more likely to want to go than stay, but if he is serious it will be wanting to go to a club like Inter or Bayern who are champions league teams, or even Manchester United. If he leaves us for Liverfail his head needs to be read. Liverpool seem to be chasing 3 or 4 different left backs so doesn't look like they are too confident about getting him.

He is a top class player, but if he decides he doesn't want to be at Newcastle, let him go and get a player that does want to play at a club like Newcastle. That Celtic left back seems like a good shout, or their are a couple of french league left backs we have got on stand by. The 15 million price quoted can get us 2 or 3 very good extra players and add to our squad depth.

He is very close pals with Colloccini and Jonas Gutierezz apparently describe eachother as brothers so as a fan hopefully that helps him stay. As I said we have a very good core of players, we just need to add some class to that and we will be alright.

I think Enrique tested the market, didnt get the Champs League interest he wanted and is now reconsidering his earlier statements about wanting to leave. The freebies like Taiwo/Ziegler + the availability of Coentrao has filled the very few left back holes around in the top European clubs (bar Liverpool who I dont think he wants to join) so theres not much left for him.

Well your 6 posts in this thread have been rivetting. Have you even mentioned football yet in the thread? Do you have an opinion on the potential of a Modric transfer to your club, or is your head too far up your arse to actually discuss football on a football discussion board?

What a ****ing knobhead.

Good post :thumbsu:

I think Enrique tested the market, didnt get the Champs League interest he wanted and is now reconsidering his earlier statements about wanting to leave. The freebies like Taiwo/Ziegler + the availability of Coentrao has filled the very few left back holes around in the top European clubs (bar Liverpool who I dont think he wants to join) so theres not much left for him.

Enrique should still go. He's in the last year of his contract so should be fairly cheap. Barcelona were interested in him IIRC, and wouldn't be surprised if they bidded with Abidal getting on.

Abidal was sensational this year. Had probably his best year for the club taking out the time he missed. Doubt Barcelona will want to move him on yet. Hugely underrated player IMO. One of the best LB in the world still

IMO he should stay. If he stayed with them in the CCC why leave now unless its truly a huge opportunity like a Barcelona... Sign on and become a club legend earning huge coin.

I reckon it's a done deal already to Manchester United.

Can someone enlighten me on why Manchester United are even interested in him?

Nani isn't even in their best 11. Why they'd go after a player like Young over a player like Andrea Pirlo or Nuri Sahin baffles me.

No, you won't.

If we name a price of say, 35m (he'll go higher anyway), and the Manure and Inter match it, who do you think we sell to?

We're not in the market for Modric. Not at the moment anyway.

On Sneijder, I know there's a lot of talk about him joining either Man. United or Man. City but the fact of the matter is, he's happy at Inter and has said he's staying. Obviously there's no interest from our point of view in selling him either.

Right now we're all about trying to sign Alexis Sanchez from Udinese. Moratti has already come out and said there's a 60% chance he'll arrive and talks are ongoing. I'm confident we can get him and after that, I think everything else will start to take shape.

Well your 6 posts in this thread have been rivetting. Have you even mentioned football yet in the thread? Do you have an opinion on the potential of a Modric transfer to your club, or is your head too far up your arse to actually discuss football on a football discussion board?

What a ****ing knobhead.

Take your own advice c o c k robin and put me on ignore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** Barcelona, i'll be real pissed if Jose doesn't stay at St. James.

agree with the above, in desperate need of a true quality #9 striker.

what's the latest on Neymar? (not indicating he's a chance for Newcastle either, just interested)

Allardyce isnt stupid. We arnt accepting any straight cash offers for Scott Parker

Money + players is what we want

From Tottenham id ask for 10.5 mill + season long loans for Bentley and Bassong/Dos Santos/Naughton

Allardyce isnt stupid. We arnt accepting any straight cash offers for Scott Parker

Money + players is what we want

From Tottenham id ask for 10.5 mill + season long loans for Bentley and Bassong/Dos Santos/Naughton

None of those 3 apart from maybe Naughton would go on loan to a Championship team. Bassong, Dos Santos and Bentley will only play in a top division next season.

Can't believe we're going after Scott Parker anyway. He's clearly the type of player the Manure, City and Arsenal should be going after, yet, we're the ones bidding...

If all of this ends with Sandro leaving, then things will get really depressing.

Bentley couldnt even get a game for Birmingham. No EPL club will take him on next season I feel. The allure of living in London means he would also like to join on with us. He would be the easiest to get out of all of those 4 mentioned.

Bentley couldnt even get a game for Birmingham. No EPL club will take him on next season I feel. The allure of living in London means he would also like to join on with us. He would be the easiest to get out of all of those 4 mentioned.

You'd think, but there will probably some club in the EPL that'll give him another shot. I can see Blackburn being interested, providing they don't get Larsson. Adding to that, he's still on high wages IIRC.

Also, looks like Nasri could be on his way:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...fuses-to-commit-his-future-to-arsenal?cc=3436

Are the Manure going to be linked to every midfielder that goes available this window? Nasri doesn't strike me as the type of player who would slot into their midfield as he tends to play in the hole, rather than deep. Same applies for Sneijder.

Take your own advice c o c k robin and put me on ignore.

Ignore? Oh god no.

I'm eagerly waiting for the day you pull your head out of your arse and finally impart your football wisdom on the board. I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts of football transfers, and once you've finished having a go at people for discussing a potential transfer in a potential transfers thread I'm sure you'll enlighten us all.

Ignore? I wouldn't miss this for the world.

BTW, I had to google **** robin, not to up to date with the latest cool Internet insults you kids use. Are you referring to the Tommy Thumbs pretty song book version, the band or Beatrix Potter?

Nasri is just money hungry. He will join the club that pays him the highest wage. In other words hes off to City or Real

A gooner on a city board did say back in Feb that Nasri was leaving Arsenal for City in the summer.

I can see why we would be interested, after Silva we've not got a heap of creativity in our midfield.

Can't see him at United, and not too many other options if he does leave Arsenal.

United are no chance of paying the transfer fee required to land Nasri and Arsenal wouldn't sell in any case too them unless it was a stupidly over inflated price like Torres to Chelsea.

Imo Nasri's agent is probably telling him to stall negotiations in order to get a better deal out of Arsenal. If he doesn't stay on at Arsenal Citeh is the only club who will pay a stupid transfer fee and who Arsenal would be prepared to do business with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back