Mega Thread The 2017 'Buckley's Chances' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us asked for nothing more than improvement after last year. We clearly got it and the trend now is clearly upwards. Prove me wrong if you can!

Geez, surely we are clutching at straws on the 'improvement" front aren't we?

We'd be lucky to have broken even.....this doesn't feel like improvement to me.

No not at all.....i have never once said during our plight "i told you so" in regards to Buckley.
I've been praying to be proven wrong.

What i don't like a flog posters with threads like this trying to tell people "you're not a true supporter" because you don't like Nathan Buckley.
Please.
Not sure I've ever said that.

I don't care what people's opinions are, if they are respectful.
Calling someone dreadful names, that's what I don't care for.

You have your opinion, others have theirs.

I'm just positive in general.

Better players, better maturity in players, we win more, we make finals. Simples.

So prove me wrong! :$

Players skill level has not improved.
Coaching has not improved--hence the clean out of an entire football department. We blow away leads with ease.
Missed finals again for a 4th consecutive year- not improved.

I can appreciate the emotion and the respect but again, this doesn't feel like a season of "improvement" to me.

Maybe i have set the bar too high.

In hindsight we finish the year with more points than last year and a really good percentage.

We also lead the league in both contested and uncontested disposal.

We also beat Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne, west coast, and drew to Adelaide. Also got within a kick of GWS.

So form against top teams us great.

We can build off this year.

Big pre seasons needed from De Goey, Maynard, Elliott and Moore

Not sure I've ever said that.

I don't care what people's opinions are, if they are respectful.
Calling someone dreadful names, that's what I don't care for.

You have your opinion, others have theirs.

I'm just positive in general.

Better players, better maturity in players, we win more, we make finals. Simples

The last comment.....what about the coach?
So if the players don't get better, don't mature better and we don't win more, it's not his fault, right?

I'll say it again. For clarity.

If you don't agree with giving Bucks a minimum of 2 more years, you are not a true supporter and should boot off to one of the other reactionary minnow clubs that don't have a guaranteed future.

Players skill level has not improved.
Coaching has not improved--hence the clean out of an entire football department. We blow away leads with ease.
Missed finals again for a 4th consecutive year- not improved.

I can appreciate the emotion and the respect but again, this doesn't feel like a season of "improvement" to me.

Maybe i have set the bar too high.
Have improved in nearly every area. Stats have shown that clearly. Our losing margins on average have also shown it. I can't find many areas where we haven't improved except in getting rid of negative forum posters.

If you don't agree with giving Bucks a minimum of 2 more years, you are not a true supporter and should boot off to one of the other reactionary minnow clubs that don't have a guaranteed future.
No. Much as I want Bucks to get another contract now, I can't agree with that statement. That's just not the way it works. Supporters are entitled to an opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have improved in nearly every area. Stats have shown that clearly. Our losing margins on average have also shown it. I can't find many areas where we haven't improved except in getting rid of negative forum posters.

The league by and large has been more even and closer this season.
We are reading too much into the "losing margins". Losses are losses whether it's 1 point or 100 points.
Nobody walks away after loss and says "great loss today, only by 1 point".

What is this every area?
I just showed you 3 clear examples of where there hasn't been improvement and you generically throw up a "improvement in area- stats show it clearly".

I grew up through the barren Collywobble years. Baracking for the Pies has always been about optimism and not entitlement.

I agree on the entitlement.....however you at least want to see hope and clear path.
Ours is completely volatile at the moment.

No. Much as I want Bucks to get another contract now, I can't agree with that statement. That's just not the way it works. Supporters are entitled to an opinion.
Whole heartedly agree. But to publicly announce such opinions is poor form. Listened to SEN lately. So called fans whinging about Bucks being coach.

If the don't like the future at Collingwood, either run for the board to change it or boot off and "support" someone else

The league by and large has been more even and closer this season.
We are reading too much into the "losing margins". Losses are losses whether it's 1 point or 100 points.
Nobody walks away after loss and says "great loss today, only by 1 point".

What is this every area?
I just showed you 3 clear examples of where there hasn't been improvement and you generically throw up a "improvement in area- stats show it clearly".

I agree on the entitlement.....however you at least want to see hope and clear path.
Ours is completely volatile at the moment.
LOL. I get that you are disappointed because you hate Bucks but I'm not going to waste my time quoting all the stats which show that we have clearly improved. Let's make it simple... we won more points this year than last. Suck it up sweetheart.

LOL. I get that you are disappointed because you hate Bucks but I'm not going to waste my time quoting all the stats which show that we have clearly improved. Let's make it simple... we won more points this year than last. Suck it up sweetheart.

Lol i hate him?
I love Collingwood. That's it. I don't care for individuals. They come and go.

The fact that you cannot name these areas shows you have no idea what you are talking about outside of your love for one guy above the greater good.

Reckon if we had some more better players in the team and improve our disposals, we'll go alright no matter who the coach is.

If Clarko is the Messiah then why isn't he in the finals?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

4 premierships not enough for you???

And l don't like posters saying the same at posters that back the club on bucks.
It has happen both ways not just one way

Lol i hate him?
I love Collingwood. That's it. I don't care for individuals. They come and go.

The fact that you cannot name these areas shows you have no idea what you are talking about outside of your love for one guy above the greater good.
Really sweety. Here you go: https://afltables.com/afl/seas/season_idx.html Nnow go and have a little cry.

Most of us asked for nothing more than improvement after last year. We clearly got it and the trend now is clearly upwards. Prove me wrong if you can!

How is 12th in 2016 and 13th in 2017 an improvement? You are out of your mind if you think the trend is "clearly upward" after the Club been saying that every sept for the last 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back