List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tomlinson is on $400 to $450k per season, you think Papley is going to be on $800k? If we pick Tomlinson up for that much, it could well impact our ability to retain decent players and also bring in someone who would actually improve our best team.

It’s disgusting the figures been thrown around. Nth looking at $1M. Just get him over the line. The guys worth 500k at most. $600k should get him across the line, but this is a genuine bidding war.

It’s disgusting the figures been thrown around. Nth looking at $1M. Just get him over the line. The guys worth 500k at most. $600k should get him across the line, but this is a genuine bidding war.
This is why they need to remove the salary cap floor. If north had managed to save the money up then they can spend it on whatever they want

This is why they need to remove the salary cap floor. If north had managed to save the money up then they can spend it on whatever they want

Coffee and biscuits the ideal choice.

I feel a bit for Norf. I reckon they're purely being used for leverage by player agents to get their player an extra $100-200k at their preferred club.

Player + agent to Norf: I like you...but as a friend. Since you're my friend, can you give me [insert any other club's name]'s number?
Norf: But...we had lunch together?! I paid!
Player + agent: Yeh and it was great. But to be honest I just wanted to make [insert any other club's name] jealous.
Norf: I understand...well at least Jared Polec likes me.

Too much time on my hands I know.

just announced on trade radio that suns didn't get pick 2. Instead they got start of second round this year, mid first round next year, and start of second round next year. Welcome to Melbourne FC Noah Anderson.
No. They got pick 2 this year

just announced on trade radio that suns didn't get pick 2. Instead they got start of second round this year, mid first round next year, and start of second round next year. Welcome to Melbourne FC Noah Anderson.

They just said they got that wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the intrusion gents (and ladies)

A hypothetical was floated on our board and I wanted to check it out with you guys

How would Bonar plus 12 and 18 for your pick 3 look?

Values Bonar at about pick 22 I think with the points system

WHERE DO WE SIGN

A hypothetical was floated on our board and I wanted to check it out with you guys

Would prefer someone a bit better than Bonar but I'd still take it. Melbourne desperately need more quality players in the 18-20 age bracket over yet another 'saviour' so it's win win IMO.

I don't rate Bonar at all. Underwhelming for my liking and doesn't win enough of the ball. Hasn't really set the NEAFL world on fire either.

Can you throw in Xavier O' Halloran or Jye Caldwell instead? Both incredibly talented and have had the luxury of watching these guys last year. O'Halloran is as close to a Shaun Higgins as i have seen.

I’m in.

I trust you really are the GWS manager and this is a real offer, yes?

Hopper has been floated with 12 & 18, we’re more likely to go with that.

There’s going to be a few bids for 3.

No. They got pick 2 this year

**** me, and then some.

Its three years of draft assistance includes:

• Pick No.1 at the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
  • The first pick of the second round (currently pick No.20) at the 2019 NAB AFL Draft.
  • Mid first-round pick (currently pick No.11) at the 2020 NAB AFL Draft.
  • The first pick of the second round (currently Pick.19) at the 2021 NAB AFL Draft.
It will also get Darwin as part of its expanded Academy access zone, while it will be able to pre-list players out of that region without the AFL's normal bidding processes.

The final part of its assistance package will be the ability to rookie up to 10 players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back