List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopper has been floated with 12 & 18, we’re more likely to go with that.

There’s going to be a few bids for 3.
Hopper might have been floated on your side but absolutely not on ours. Signed a contract extension earlier this year- is now one of Mose cemented players. No chance imo

Bonnar has X factor but hasn’t had a real run in the ones to show it. Plays a lot like petrecca imo

Why the fu** would we take Hopper he's as inside as they come

Actually guess I answered me own question
Probably whats confused me also. Chasing someone like Jacob Hopper who is as inside as they come and plus signed a contract extension in April. Extremely highly rated at the Giants.as well. They simply won't let him go.

Your best bet is your Bonar, Caldwell or O'Halloran types thrown.

So these draft concessions are based on some super secret algorithm according to the AFL...righto.
For every team that has been rubbish the last 6 yrs they've said no to draft concessions the whole time - and I've been ok with that. But now GC are getting the whole lot and then some! It still won't stop players leaving which is their biggest problem. This is all stupid.

So these draft concessions are based on some super secret algorithm according to the AFL...righto.
For every team that has been rubbish the last 6 yrs they've said no to draft concessions the whole time - and I've been ok with that. But now GC are getting the whole lot and then some! It still won't stop players leaving which is their biggest problem. This is all stupid.

Having a strong Gold Coast side is important to the integrity of the competition! Other sides not so much, apparently.

Sounds like clubs are resigned to GC getting 2 as a PP and they’re blowing up behind the scenes. Some clubs have issued a draft night trading boycott. The AFL is furious as this was supposed to be a big draw card for viewers.

GC administration are in seriously big trouble and the AFL is going to go to huge lengths to keep the lead balloon up.

GWS have a huge problem. Due to their tight cap, they need to supplement their top end prices with minimum wage talent (draftees). They’re desperate to get Green but given the GF appearance has diluted their 1st pick, they are exploring new options.

The club has resumed talks with GWS and a couple of other clubs about splitting pick 3. Problem for GWS is that their 1st is now 17/18 (18/19) to go with 11 (Ess). GWS need to start littering their list with young talent for cheap. Sounds like it could be both 2019 first and 2020 first or a combo with player/s.

Some players who may be attainable are (pure speculation by me): Hopper, Caldwell, Finlayson, Bonar, Hatley, Perryman. I’d love to say Williams but I think he’s just moved out of that bracket.

Keep an eye on this space.
I can see why some clubs might be blowing up now we see what GC have been given? Any more news on the others clubs boycott and the AFL?

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not so much disappointed by Melbourne's picks changing, 2 to 3 is basically irrelevant from now to 10 years time. The best player of the draft is regularly not taken at 1 or 2.

I'm more frustrated that the AFL make another decision on the run that changes the whole draft from what it was last year to now. Why any club will live trade is beyond me. I'm frustrated that there is no accountability by the administration in making these decisions. Why not give the gold coast say an extra 1.5mil cap space for a few years, or an extra lot of rookie list picks (which they have, and I agree with). Structuring the draft around these extra picks dilutes any chance of future trading, not only this next 3 drafts, but any further coming. If Adelaide and Carlton were to partake in a similar trade this year, how would they not know the AFL will make another decision like this next year AFTER the trade is signed off. It's just insulting. Dew has done a great job up there this year, and I suspect adding some more serviceable players along the lines of Greenwood, Ellis etc will further help. Losing a peaheart like martin for a top 20 pick will help as well. I just feel this is a massive overreaction and would not happen in many other profrssional sporting codes around the world, especially ones so reliant on a draft system.

Pardon the intrusion gents (and ladies)

A hypothetical was floated on our board and I wanted to check it out with you guys

How would Bonar plus 12 and 18 for your pick 3 look?

Values Bonar at about pick 22 I think with the points system

Yeh I think we’d do that now.

Not sure Bonar suits our needs, but appreciate his value. Maybe we could on trade Bonar or get a third club involved.

We’ll turn our attention to the sliders now. Maybe a Fischer McCasey or Myles Bergman. Brodie Kemp if he moves far down enough.

Hopefully we end up with a couple of first rounders, Elliot for free, Langdon for pick 22 and maybe 1 other player or draft pick around the late 20’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is was thinking the suns were going for pick 2 this year. Got a swag of assistance we weren’t even aware was being contemplated. The AFL compromising the draft once more. It’s a desperate last ditch effort to get them going. Need to sort out player retention though. Otherwise these guys will just keep walking out.

Agree. Hopper was a top 10 pick and has shown he was worthy of it. And yeah why’d we want another inside mid.

You're asking the wrong question. Why wouldn't we want another inside mid?

Hopper might have been floated on your side but absolutely not on ours. Signed a contract extension earlier this year- is now one of Mose cemented players. No chance imo

Bonnar has X factor but hasn’t had a real run in the ones to show it. Plays a lot like petrecca imo

You sure about that ?

Doesn’t mean he hasn’t bean tossed up. We won’t take garbage for 3. bonnar has no runs on the board.
Yeah GWS have sold some lemons over the years. Kristian Jacksch, Jono O'Rourke, Pickett and if I'm being harsh, Dom Tyson, to name a few. I'd be mindful of Bonar. At the same time we can't expect toooo much on top of 12 and 18

Hearing that the Hawks met with Elliot last week but we have cooled on him due to him wanting 4 years, we offered 3 years and will not budge on it.

Have been told he could be on his way to you guys on a 4 year deal, in fact a few have said its a done deal.

How do u guys feel about that?

That kid has a lot of talent but those hamstrings are a worry.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back