List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond aren't an elite kicking side. They literally kick long to Martin Lynch and Riewoldt who win the majority of their contests or they turn it over at half forward thanks to the pressure of their scores. Castagna and Butler are terrible infront of goals lol
Houli, Rance, Grimes, Astubury, Floss and Short can all kick. They don't suffer repeat entries because they actually find their good users. Only Prestia's use is a bit rubbish.

Apparently we want to set ourselves to have a crack next year so a pick this year is more appealing.

Whether thats the recipe for sustained success depends on whether we draft the right guy or not I guess.
Oh so this year we didnt actually try. Thank **** for that i feel so much better now knowing that.

Houli, Rance, Grimes, Astubury, Floss and Short can all kick. They don't suffer repeat entries because they actually find their good users. Only Prestia's use is a bit rubbish.
May Melksham Salem Fritsch Petracca are all excellent kicks as well. Jack Riewoldt before the GF had kicked 15 goals from marks inside 50 all season. Again it's much easier to find a target inside 50 when you turn it over at the HFF and then have 7 guys free to kick to.

Not Dees related, but for those of you who were following posts last year, you may remember, I was told that after initial discussions with Shiel broke down due to Dodoro doing what it is he does, that if he didn’t fix the problem he’d be looking for a new job. Well 12 months on and old mate Dodo’s position is up for “review”. Read into that what you will but it seems like Ess is sick of the rep of trying to win trades, when teams these days are trying to “come away happy”.

Do not want Puopolo. The more I think about it, the more I am okay with trading OUT of the first round this year now that we've missed Anderson if we can get 3-4 players who can have an instant impact and can get into the first round twice next year in a better draft.

Would love to have a crack at Sam Reid (SYD), if they get Daniher he'd be expendable and would fill a need for us, especially if they are wanting to get to our pick 3. Something like:

Sydney give 2020 1st Round, 25 & Reid
Melbourne give pick 3

Do not want Puopolo. The more I think about it, the more I am okay with trading OUT of the first round this year now that we've missed Anderson if we can get 3-4 players who can have an instant impact and can get into the first round twice next year in a better draft.

Would love to have a crack at Sam Reid (SYD), if they get Daniher he'd be expendable and would fill a need for us, especially if they are wanting to get to our pick 3. Something like:

Melbourne give pick 3
Jesus mate that's an unbalanced trade. No way in hell

Let's say Sydney finish 9th. That's 9, 25 and Reid for 3 haha. No ****ing way.

Melbourne give pick 3

We have spoken to Sydney. Not sure if that’s what it was about, but I feel there’s more to go.

Dees are keen to stay in the first round this year, but who knows how that will end up

Melbourne give pick 3
That's horrendous mate. If we do that, I think Mahoney would be locked in a home with a straightjacket on.

Melbourne give pick 3

We have spoken to Sydney. Not sure if that’s what it was about, but I feel there’s more to go.

Dees are keen to stay in the first round this year, but who knows how that will end up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus mate that's an unbalanced trade. No way in hell

Let's say Sydney finish 9th. That's 9, 25 and Reid for 3 haha. No ******* way.

Haha, happy to admit I'm not very good at this. Regardless as to whether you want Reid or not, can you propose what you think would be fair in the circumstances so I can get better and learn!

Don't know why everyone's worried about the strength of the draft. We only have one pick lol - I can guarantee you that players like Ash, Serong, Young and Gould will turn out to be as good as players from most top 10s. Every time they say it's a weak draft it never means anything.

Haha, happy to admit I'm not very good at this. Regardless as to whether you want Reid or not, can you propose what you think would be fair in the circumstances so I can get better and learn!
Reid is probably valued ~30
So would you so 9,25 and 30 for 3?

Reid is probably valued ~30
So would you so 9,25 and 30 for 3?

I guess I valued Reid higher than Pick 30.

To me, pick 30 is a strong chance of developing to play > 50 games if all goes to plan, but no guarantee.

Reid would be automatically top 20 player, and our second best KPF, if he came. Yes, major issues in the past with injury, but likewise Daniher for Sydney and you take those risks on a needs basis.

To me, pick 30 is a strong chance of developing to play > 50 games if all goes to plan, but no guarantee.

Reid would be automatically top 20 player, and our second best KPF, if he came. Yes, major issues in the past with injury, but likewise Daniher for Sydney and you take those risks on a needs basis.
He'll also be 28 by the time the season starts and realistically isn't going to get much better. I'd rather take a punt on an 18yo than hope Reid can put his best form on the table for a year or two while he's still peaking.

If we were targeting a key forward Jeremy Finlayson as part of a package would be far better than Reid.

If we were going for a lesser valued player I'd prefer Mason Wood over Sam Reid. More upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back