List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Players wouldn't know a heck of a lot more than us I reckon.

I remember asking an MFC player who I knew well enough to ask if he thought Scully would stay in 2011. He said he had no idea but his gut feel said yes he would. Two weeks later he had an orange polo on.

Players wouldn't know a heck of a lot more than us I reckon.

I remember asking an MFC player who I knew well enough to ask if he thought Scully would stay in 2011. He said he had no idea but his gut feel said yes he would. Two weeks later he had an orange polo on.
I would like to think Scully was on a special tier of deceptive though.

No evidence except he does have small, sinister, calculating eyes. Also Scully probably stopped telling anyone anything after Gawn spewed on him

I would like to think Scully was on a special tier of deceptive though.

No evidence except he does have small, sinister, calculating eyes. Also Scully probably stopped telling anyone anything after Gawn spewed on him
haha, Scully probably wasn't the best example you're right.

I just reckon most players would know a bit more than the average fan by default, but most of them would be more worried about their next holiday destination or next beer is coming from over who the club is courting at this time of year. I reckon a good journo like Jay Clark would know more than a player because it's actually his job to find stuff like this out.

If Frost does leave for North, maybe Frost and a future third rounder for their second rounder? Unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting A LOT for him.

I had a job offer come up in Queensland, and didn't take it because winters around the stupid demons.

I've taken several job offers in Queensland, you're not missing much.

I think (and hope) you're right about Gawn. Rucks and KPF are two positions that can go on past 30 a lot of the time. It's just that usual gamble of whether injury strikes or they hold up really.

With someone who is 208 cm tall, I think its a bit optimistic to expect them to go any significant years past 30. Particularly a ruckman. Gawn moves well and has dropped weight, which is good, but there's still a lot of stress and wear and tear on the body. Might have to reinvent himself as an inside mid in his twilight years.

So not that there’s anything really new in this, but my sister is currently on a flight with some of the boys.
Frost is gone, most likely North. Definitely won’t be at Melbourne though.
Tomlinson and Langdon are done, the players already know they are coming.
Max very keen to get Elliott in, as are the other boys on the flight, and as far as they know we are leading the pack.
No other news that our players are aware of.
Just saw Harmes' Instagram story from two hours ago of Max on a Virgin Australia flight. This post is caravan certified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Frosty...that one hurts, fu** you Goody for never believing in him til your hand was forced.

I might be in the minority here but I am almost pleased he is going.. he does my head in as a footballer he has absolutely zero football smarts and kills you with turnovers as often as he saves you with his pace.. Also is a terrible body defender & his only good attribute is his pace on the lead

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry to intrude. For those of you that are sorry to see Frost go, don't have a go at me for asking this.

Where has his best footy been played? Is he a key position defender or something else?

I might be in the minority here but I am almost pleased he is going.. he does my head in as a footballer he has absolutely zero football smarts and kills you with turnovers as often as he saves you with his pace.. Also is a terrible body defender & his only good attribute is his pace on the lead

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a backline with little to no decent speed and rebound in it, his departure will hurt a lot more than you think.

So I guess TMac and or Hunt will have to go back again out of necessity next year.

Sorry to intrude. For those of you that are sorry to see Frost go, don't have a go at me for asking this.

Where has his best footy been played? Is he a key position defender or something else?
Good lord don’t even consider him playing anywhere else.

Inside mid!

He is definitely something else!

Frost is the prototypical modern footballer. He can play anywhere on the park with the same level of output. He also has some breathtaking, heart-stopping moments. Definitely the most exciting player in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back