List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen what Mahoney’s done today I don’t want us to split pick 3 anymore. Just take a deep breath and let JT pick best available that’s not an inside mid. Split pick 3 for say 9 and 15 and best available at 9 could be an inside mid then we’d all be crying, or we take a speculative punt on a skinny kid who turns into the next Toumpas. Just give Taylor pick 3, the poor bloke has been starved of a high pick for four years now.

Having Lever at CHB
Having seen what Mahoney’s done today I don’t want us to split pick 3 anymore. Just take a deep breath and let JT pick best available that’s not an inside mid. Split pick 3 for say 9 and 15 and best available at 9 could be an inside mid then we’d all be crying, or we take a speculative punt on a skinny kid who turns into the next Toumpas. Just give Taylor pick 3, the poor bloke has been starved of a high pick for four years now.
what? you don't want Mahoney to give up pick 3 and a pick from next year for a single pick this year in the teens?

If Tomlinson is going to play permanently as a wingman he has to get a lot better. I mean I like what he offers, but he needs to get more involved. Not having Coniglio, Kelly and Whitfield taking the ball will help.
I don’t believe a word Mahoney said about Tomlinson playing on the wing.

It’s as credible as saying OMac is our third best defender... or that Howe is going to be the next Isaac Smith at Collingwood.

Lmao at you guys. Complete board melt down for a page and then have to mould all the puddles back together into a solid form to congratulate Mahoney.

Getting Langdon while still having 3 and 26 is a fair effort.
But we lost Frost. It’s essentially swapping a fast defender, who can play tall or small, for a fast winger.

Except that Frost’s disposal is better...

I did some digging

In 2014, we traded pick 23 ---> Frost, 40 and 53.
In 2019, we traded Frost, 42, 61 and 65~ ---> 33~ and 50

The ~ icons are approximate for 2020 picks.

So basically we kept Frost for 5 years and 70+ games, made him a better player, then gave him away to get roughly equal, if not less back than what we started with 5 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume Phillips is too similar to Langdon, and that his salary isn't big enough to help the Pies in a dump situation.

I'd love Mihocek or WHE, also happy to have a crack at Daicos.

Why would someone being too similar to Langdon be a problem? From all reports, Langdon racks up the ball and works hard both ways. Certainly makes sense to have two of those types of players on the wing rather than one and Tomlinson.

Why would someone being too similar to Langdon be a problem? From all reports, Langdon racks up the ball and works hard both ways. Certainly makes sense to have two of those types of players on the wing rather than one and Tomlinson.
Tomlinson works hard both ways.

Maybe this;

Jetta May Hibberd
Hore Lever Salem
Brayshaw Langdon Tomlinson
Melksham Weidemann Petracca
Hannan McDonald Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Harmes
ANB Viney Jones Baker

A VFL side with both Wagners, Hunt and Spargo isn’t bad.

Why is the winger we've just recruited now playing in the middle? Such a Melbourne thing to do.

Tomlinson works hard both ways.

Mmmm, but one averages 25 touches a game and the other averages 15. Obviously a bit more end result for their work for one of the players, there.

Josh Wagner to be swung forward to play alongside Corey in the FP

2020 Forward line:

Wagner - Preuss - Wagner
Melksham - Petty - Petracca

More likely they'll swing OMac forward and slide Cox into the small forward role.

Given JM specifically said not to a small forward in Trade Period, I'm choosing to think they're planning to get one as a Delisted FA, or confident of getting one in the draft.
Harley? Calves aren't up to running up and down the ground, just sit him in the forward line and lwt him do his thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back