List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A great trade for us so far.

So far we have picks 3, 26, 50 + Langdon and Tomlinson.

Well Done Mahoney.
If Tomlinson is going to play permanently as a wingman he has to get a lot better. I mean I like what he offers, but he needs to get more involved. Not having Coniglio, Kelly and Whitfield taking the ball will help.

Congrats on getting Langdon. When the team's on he'll look great but he's a great whipping boy when the going get's tough cause his disposal is shit.

Wishing him and Melbourne luck next year!
Wait..... shit disposal? Like how shit are we talking? Out of 10.... 1 = I’ve only got one leg and the other one has sepsis, and 10 is Buckley.

I'm sort of torn by this deal on one hand hes such a good defensive running mid on the other hes such a terrible kick.

Is this a fair starting 22?
View attachment 762656
Personally never want to see hunt down back again, have liked him forward though.
Also think we Weideman at FF/CHF, don’t see brayshaw as a forward either?
Hopefully add a player with our first and suggest they may slide in somewhere, probably instead of baker on the bench.
Will be interesting, just glad pick 3, Tomlinson and Langdon provide more depth.

If we did manage to snag Cox as the mystery forward would playing him in tandem with Preuss alleviate our pace problem?
No, but it would address our inside mid problem.

Congrats on getting Langdon. When the team's on he'll look great but he's a great whipping boy when the going get's tough cause his disposal is shit.

Wishing him and Melbourne luck next year!
Happy to have him. I'm sure he will piss us off at times with his disposal but yeah overall I think he will prove to be good value for us on the wing. Good luck with the rest of your trade period and for 2020!

I am pretty ****ing stoked on how those two trades went down.

Freo supporters seem to be of the opinion that Langdon has terrible disposal, but his upside appeals to me and he is young so hopefully they focus on his skills by alot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait..... shit disposal? Like how shit are we talking? Out of 10.... 1 = I’ve only got one leg and the other one has sepsis, and 10 is Buckley.

Maybe 3 out of 10? Don't let his supposed 70-odd percent disposal efficiency fool you. It's a big knock, but it's his only one - if he fixes it he'll end up AA.

It’s looking strong asides from the bench, which suggests we are only a few injuries away from playing vfl plodders so unless Sparrow, Jordon, pick 3 come on, we will still see some shit players getting games. Get Harmes starting on field. I’d rather have Viney on the bench.
Maybe this;

Jetta May Hibberd
Hore Lever Salem
Brayshaw Langdon Tomlinson
Melksham Weidemann Petracca
Hannan McDonald Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Harmes
ANB Viney Jones Baker

A VFL side with both Wagners, Hunt and Spargo isn’t bad.

Maybe this;

Jetta May Hibberd
Hore Lever Salem
Hannan McDonald Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Harmes
ANB Viney Jones Baker

Thats pretty close.

I'd have hunt in before ANB if fit. Also Vanders will put pressure on for best 22 if fit.

Maybe this;

Jetta May Hibberd
Hore Lever Salem
Hannan McDonald Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Harmes
ANB Viney Jones Baker

Still desperately lacking a crumbling pressure forward. The ball is still going to be waltzed out of our forward 50 when marks aren’t taken.

Have to go at Butler and Gray.

Maybe this;

Jetta May Hibberd
Hore Lever Salem
Hannan McDonald Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Harmes
ANB Viney Jones Baker

Swap Langdon and Brayshaw and that’s what I’d have. No doubt Goodwin will never play this, even if all available. He’ll have to have a Wagner in there somewhere, out of respect to the great footballing/ opera clan

I see Brett Burton has been given the flick by Adelaide.
I can’t remember what he did during the Lever negotiations but I seem to remember thinking ‘Brett Burton, what a turd of a bloke.’
It was more to do with what he said about Lever himself than any demands, anyone remember?

Still desperately lacking a crumbling pressure forward. The ball is still going to be waltzed out of our forward 50 when marks aren’t taken.

Have to go at Butler and Gray.
I don’t think we will get Butler, but maybe Gray. I agree re AVB. It doesn’t look like he is going to get up. I’d have him in for ANB if fit. If we managed to get Gray I’d like him in over Jones. So I’d have Hannan on the bench and Gray starting. Then in AVB was fit I’d have ANB out.

Then you’ve got some serious depth. That means the VFL side contains Jones, Spargo, ANB, Wagner x2, Preuss and Petty or Weidemann.

Decent.

I really don’t think we’ll be getting any of these guys mooted - Butler, Gray, Bruce etc. Purely because under Mahoney we are normally very transparent about who we are chasing and there are rarely exceptions to that.

I also don’t subscribe to the common belief that ‘fringe player at good club = good player at bad club’. Quite often they remain fringe players at the new club. Ben Newton being the quintessential example but there’s loads more across the league.

would 26 and hawthorn future second be enough for western bulldogs pick 13? they need a pick around 26 to get the bruce deal done and future picks for their academy boy jamarra ugle-hagan. St Kilda also need more picks to get all their guys in, they're another club we could look to move up the draft this year, I am very keen to on trade the future second from hawthorn considering how low it could get with all the academy prospects in next years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back