The AFC 'Boys Club' Will it Ultimately Destroy the AFC???

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy hell that's damming.. time to call in the wrecking ball, bitte, bitte.
It is..
I also noticed even more damning, it's 6 finals games wins since 1998.. Six..

Some clubs have won that many in the past 2 or 3 years..
Others in maybe 5-6 years etc..

It is..
I also noticed even more damning, it's 6 finals games wins since 1998.. Six..

Some clubs have won that many in the past 2 or 3 years..
Others in maybe 5-6 years etc..
That's actually pathetic.. are we really that soft? Another which flips me out is how quickly the years have flown by since 1998.. it's like being stuck in a vortex.

That's actually pathetic.. are we really that soft? Another which flips me out is how quickly the years have flown by since 1998.. it's like being stuck in a vortex.

What do you expect when you recruit "nice" footballers. Nice footballers don't win finals.

Do you know how many finals wins over higher ranked opponents in that time?

Hint rhymes with Nero.
What's even worse is how many finals we've lost to teams below us

I have a lot of respect for Ricciuto. He can certainly get rid of the 'boy's club' that has haunted your club, just as it has haunted my club - I do have some stories. A new assistant - maybe bomber, however unlikely- and, hopefully our clubs can work together somewhat, rather than being somewhat antagonistic towards each other under Trigg/Notso.

It will take some strong minds to make football great again in this state. Adelaide Oval is just the start. Your list is good, I'd argue ours is better now, but the core is pretty much the same, and I wouldn't have said that two years ago. The future is bright for football in our state.

How good would a showdown grand final be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a lot of respect for Ricciuto. He can certainly get rid of the 'boy's club' that has haunted your club, just as it has haunted my club - I do have some stories. A new assistant - maybe bomber, however unlikely- and, hopefully our clubs can work together somewhat, rather than being somewhat antagonistic towards each other under Trigg/Notso.

It will take some strong minds to make football great again in this state. Adelaide Oval is just the start. Your list is good, I'd argue ours is better now, but the core is pretty much the same, and I wouldn't have said that two years ago. The future is bright for football in our state.

How good would a showdown grand final be?

If the rumours are true about Roo headhunting Goodwin, than we will just be replacing one boys club with another. Lets be honest without the genius of Blight, we would be a complete basket case.

I reckon this 'Boys Club' thing is blown out of proportion. All clubs have people in positions because of their relationships with the senior people at the clubs. Do you reckon Port gave Primus and Kingsley coaching roles because there wasnt any alteratives to consider? or because they have established relationships with the senior coach and the club? On the Mattner issue, if Port move on Symes is that because of their boys club? The scenario is very similar. In regard to the Massie thing, do you reckon 3 votes in a system that allows up to 16 votes per game is a too high? What do you reckon he should have got? none? one? I reckon 3 was a fair assesment of what happened. Sure Massie was beaten, but he did some good things on the day, and was deducted 13 votes from the perfrect game score. Seems fair to me. Sure it wasnt a great match up, and a change could have been made. Perhaps thats a reflection of how stubborn NC is, but it has nothing to do with a boys club IMO. From several interviews, I got the impression that changes were suggested by the assistant coaches, but NC chose to stick with Massie.
That is all very true what you have said about us , but isn't that admitting that AFC has a boys club that stuffed up aswell ? , . If Essendon stuff up , I would say its no excuse for my club to do exactly the same !.

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFC 'Boys Club' Will it Ultimately Destroy the AFC???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back