THE AFL will introduce its new ball-tracking technology to drive a 'score assist' review system for the 2024 NAB AFL Women's season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently they've been trialling this in the VFL during the year, firstly with microchipped balls to ensure that the ball behaves the same way with a chip installed. At a couple of games I've been to this year they've had sensors mounted along the boundary which I think was part of the testing phase.

Apparently they've been trialling this in the VFL during the year, firstly with microchipped balls to ensure that the ball behaves the same way with a chip installed. At a couple of games I've been to this year they've had sensors mounted along the boundary which I think was part of the testing phase.
It would have to be pretty unsuccessful in the AFLW to not see it implemented in the mens season next year

It would have to be pretty unsuccessful in the AFLW to not see it implemented in the mens season next year
I haven't heard of any issues resulting from its use in the VFL, so I can't forsee any issues in the AFLW. Then again this is the first time they'll be incorporating it into the score review (which the VFL doesn't have.)

Remove this Banner Ad

THE AFL will introduce its new ball-tracking technology to drive a 'score assist' review system for the 2024 NAB AFL Women's season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back