The all important changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

More important than any changes in personnel for this week, the personnel we have need to have a massive change of attitude. They need to be tough, prepared to attack the ball and tackle the hell out of Sydney.

We have proven we can match it with anyone in the comp this season and that doesn't seem to be dependent on the players selected it has much more to do with the team that turns up wanting to play footy.

I just watched the full interview with Sarah Jones and Laids and Simmo, from which the "tunnelling" quotes were taken from, and JYD was asked about some of the players who are down ATM. That included Thomas, Campbell, Urqhart in the small man department. On them he replied:

"I thought Campbell was ok, coming off a hamstring and a week off, but Thomas and Urqhart have dropped off, for sure. However, I tend to feel that they're the blokes who got us to the finals, so they deserve another crack at it. It's up to us to ensure they're given every opportunity and resource to play at their best this week".

So, none of them will be dropped.

T'toes

Hi All,

my thoughts

Out : CJ (poor form), Harding (if injured), H-Mac (height constraints)
In: Sinclair, Lower, Ross = run run and run.

My team

Urquhart Gibson Watt
Pratt Hansen Sinclair
Wells Lower Power
Simpson Edwards Harvey
Thomas Hale Campbell

Petrie Rawlings Firrito

Bench: Harris, Ross, McMahon, S.Grant

Simpons to HFF where he can turn blindly and kick in air to hale will give more of a contest than CJ on current form..and more importantly keep his feet:thumbsu:
he Can rotate with mids as well...

apologies thommo see H-Mac.

I wouldn't drop anyone. Stuff 'em.

Get out there and fix it or **** off.

I agree.

(although if Harding REALLY can't run, I'd consider allowing him to sit it out.)

I'm hearing not too many changes, but Thommo a chance.

It is hard to find a way to bring Thommo in, but he sounded very hungry and fired up in his interview yesterday, so it could be a good move.

The only way I see it working is if we drop Edwards and Jones and bring in Thommo and Lower (and Sinclair for Harding)

or

Drop Hamish and bring in Thommo as a forward and relief ruckman, and drop one of Edwards or Jones (and Harding) for Lower and Sinclair

Given the form of McIntosh the second option is probably better, but this would be Hamish's thrid game back which means he will be getting some match fitness which would be great if we get over Sydney.

I would keep Hamish. We need a back up ruck to keep Hale forward and Petrie fresh, and he is the best we have in that role right now. He could also cause some real trouble for them if our midfield removes their fingers from their anus and gets some footy.

Jones and Harris get another chance, basically because we need seasones bodies this week.

So I would go:

Out: Harding, Edwards

In: Lower, S Thompson

Thompson goes back, Hansen plays forward. Lower gets a run in the middle for the first time this year taking Hardings spot in the second rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Ross should be in this week.
He played with great dash and pace prior to injury....he brings exactly what we need.

I've made this very point here repeatedly Lawman13, and I totally agree. He did one stuff up, when he stalled ONCE with the pill in his hands and was mown down in a tackle AND subsequently injured as a result. That one thing aside, he was spoken of by all who witnessed his first games as
the Second Coming..........Boomer Mk 2!

If we need a runner, he's our man IMO.

T'toes

OUT:

Harding - injured
Edwards - not up to it
Urquhart - tired
Watt - shithouse

IN:

S.Thompson - Solid game against Geelong, dropped, BOG in the VFL. Move aside Shannon
Riggio - Classy, in form and he will attack like the game means something
Sinclair - Shouldn't have been dropped, but went back and performed in the VFL. With guys like Harris in the team, we need someone dependable and hard.
Greenwood - Play him in Urquhart's role. He will attack it like a mad man.

I don't begrudge Laidley trying Edwards - if it worked it would have been great - but we need that extra run and Riggio and Sinclair will give it to us.

I would leave Hamish in the team and play him only in relief spots in the ruck and the rest of the time forward.

Can't bring in Greenwood, he hasn't even played a game at senior level. He has no experience what so ever.

Really got to resist the temptation to play injured players in cut throat finals.

On that score I'm worried about Harding, Jones, Simpson and Wells. Simpson and Jones are definitely struggling with leg injuries.

I've seen so many finals where you get horribly exposed if you go with blokes who aren't fit...

New changes:
Out: Urquhart, Harding(inj)
In: J.Sinclair, N.Thompson

Side:
FB: 30.D.Pratt, 38.J.Gibson, 36.SWatt
CHB: 42.S.Mcmahon,26.L.Hansen, 11.M.Firrito
C: 8.D.Wells, 4.D.Harris, 3.B.Rawlings
CHF: 21.C.Jones, 23.N.Thompson, 6.S.Grant
FF: 33.M.Campbell, 31.D.Hale, 12.L.Thomas
R: 20.D.Petre, 7.A.Simpson, 29.BHarvey
Int: 27.A.Edwards, 5.S.Power, 9.J.Sinclair,1.H.Mcintosh
Emg: 2.E.Lower, 14.G.Urquhart, 19.A.Swallow

Petre to drop back into deffence when Hamish rucks, and Edwards and CJ to rotate with each other.

I would keep Hamish. We need a back up ruck to keep Hale forward and Petrie fresh, and he is the best we have in that role right now. He could also cause some real trouble for them if our midfield removes their fingers from their anus and gets some footy.

Jones and Harris get another chance, basically because we need seasones bodies this week.

So I would go:

Out: Harding, Edwards

In: Lower, S Thompson

Thompson goes back, Hansen plays forward. Lower gets a run in the middle for the first time this year taking Hardings spot in the second rotation.

Nah, Hamish has to go. His a liability for us right now.

N Thompson back in.

Out: McIntosh, Harding, Jones
In: Ross, Lower/Riggio, Sinclair

Edward or Jones has to go - Edwards has more X factor.
Hardin - Inj.
McIntosh - Obviously one of our first picked when match-fit, but atm he just ain't ready.

Ross - Has good disposal, Pacey and is actually pretty good around the packs.
Lower/Riggio - I hate how these guys are given ****ing defensive jobs. We all saw what Lower could do in the prelim...
Sinclair - Solid player does some good things and has experience.

If Lower plays, he is a certainty to play a half forward tagging role on Kennelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

The all important changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back