List Mgmt. The answer to our KPF issues... Scott Gumbleton

What Is Gumby worth?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough I didn't know about the deal from Essendon but I was pretty sure that Roberton was signed up as a delisted FA last year AFTER the trade period.
Roberton wasn't a FA either restricted or unrestricted because the player has to have I think at least 8 years/seasons continuous service at their club to qualify.
From memory Roberton was free to go/uncontracted;and if he hadn't had his mind set on going we would have offered him another deal(maybe because it never came to that).

Jon Ralph

Gumby more likely to be a third-rounder. Essendon were giddy with excitement when it was written they would get a second round pick for Gumby. Yes, he was pick two, but he's uncontracted and can walk. How keen to do think Essendon are on Mellington
Yeah can definitely see it being the pick from Michie or a straight swap for Mellington. What would you prefer? I think we would get a similar pick for Mellington as we did for Michie

Thems the rules mate. If you're not offered another contract you're free to join the team of your choosing should they offer you a spot on the list. If you're offered a contract and turn it down, you're not eligible for delisted FA. Roberton was told he'd be offered another contract by his manager if he wanted to stay but he didn't so the club did the right thing by him in order to give him a better path to an AFL list.

Just curious, where does that leave Mellington if we decide to delist him with a year to go on his contract.

Yeah can definitely see it being the pick from Michie or a straight swap for Mellington. What would you prefer? I think we would get a similar pick for Mellington as we did for Michie

Don't care at all. We needed Gumby and it looks like we got him, so I'm rapt. guess it depends on whether Essendon want Mello or the pick or both.

Roberton wasn't a FA either restricted or unrestricted because the player has to have I think at least 8 years/seasons continuous service at their club to qualify.
From memory Roberton was free to go/uncontracted;and if he hadn't had his mind set on going we would have offered him another deal(maybe because it never came to that).

Nup he was delisted by us and signed up as a delisted free agent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFL_Draft

Roberton was offered a contract, which we later withdrew once it was apparent nobody was going to trade for him. A bit of goodwill to him and the Saints meant we delisted him just before the end of the DFA period.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...erships-for-2013/story-e6frf9jf-1226509804670

Meanwhile, Fremantle defender Dylan Roberton has been offered a new contract by the Dockers and could yet remain at the club next season.

Roberton, 21, requested a trade back home to Melbourne for personal reasons but no deal was done during the recent trade period.

It is believed the Dockers, who understand Roberton's desire to return to Victoria, genuinely tried to offload him for next to nothing but there was little interest in his services from the Melbourne-based clubs.

The Dandenong Stingrays product is still a Fremantle player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 33. LOL.

35 games in 7 seasons on an AFL list. Project player if ever there was one.

To put it into perspective Xavier 'made of cheese sticks' Ellis has played 86 in 8 after sitting out his first.

Would like to see him (Gumbo) succeed and get a good run at it, but Essendon are kidding themselves if they think he holds good currency.

Simple, we'd keep him. But we have suitors for him so most likely he'll go for another junk pick as a gesture of goodwill, as that seems to be the theme for us.

Not if a junk pick or two goes to Essendon for a player ...

Mind you those junk picks got us Neale (58) and Sutty (71) our talent identification for late picks is outstanding

There's still value to be had

Oh dear, looks like another last minute stand-off scenario. Hope the player agent is right and it gets done this week

Scott Gumbleton has told Essendon that he wishes to be traded to Fremantle, which is well placed to gain the key forward.

Gumbleton told the Bombers of his wish to become a Docker on Wednesday. Fremantle is understood to be offering only pick 54 at this stage, while the Dons have asked for Fremantle's late second-round pick, 33.

- The Age

Not if a junk pick or two goes to Essendon for a player ...

Mind you those junk picks got us Neale (58) and Sutty (71) our talent identification for late picks is outstanding

There's still value to be had

Agreed, talent is out there if you do your homework.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The answer to our KPF issues... Scott Gumbleton

Back