List Mgmt. The answer to our KPF issues... Scott Gumbleton

What Is Gumby worth?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's little point in getting wound up about Bondy's/Freo's tardiness in getting deals done when the trade period is set up like an online auction with a "Buy it Now" price which most choose to avoid,preferring to do their 'due diligence', try to lower the price and win the auction before it closes.
I know Bondy always presents the ever-so-calm-considered-and-rational-persona but in his latest trade period snippet where he said we had no further interest in Xavier Ellis it was as though talking about trades/etc was interfering with his beer drinking and poker playing.

Is Crameri a FA or not?
If he is then what picks Essendon wants is irrelevant. The only thing that would change that is that if the bombers approached WB and said either you trade for him or we will match your salary offer up to buddy levels.

Is Crameri a FA or not?
If he is then what picks Essendon wants is irrelevant. The only thing that would change that is that if the bombers approached WB and said either you trade for him or we will match your salary offer up to buddy levels.
He is not a FA but he is currently uncontracted.

With Polec nomming Port, now less likely they'd chase Gumby or offer anything decent.

Odds shortening...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, depends on whether they use pick 30 to get Polec and Adelaide now looking at Pods. It's now worth it for Freo to wait a while, any competitors may soon be out of the race. This gives us a better negotiating position. The important thing is that Gumby appears to have been told we will try and deal for him.

Why? The only reason you find it annoying is because your hanging out for FFC news :)

The fact is there are compensation picks to be handed out and the general consensus is that clubs are waiting on that before finalizing decisions/offers. The AFL should be handing out compo picks AS free agency moves are completed, ie. Paperwork in, approved, compo pick delivered. Then the waiting wouldn't be so arduous.

Yes I am hanging on Freo news. Colin Sylvia came so quickly and I feel like a child waiting for Christmas presents.

Agree with all of above. We are likely to be paying nothing for him now - brilliant result.

So much for Pods not wanting to move his fam...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm here to just set everyone straight.

Ports list manager said it is very unlikely Port would part with pick #30 for Gumby, they have enough trouble trying to get Butchers body right, without another one.
Essendon side of things it Looks like a multi club deal could be done late next week, not sure if Crameri, Myers, Jetta or Gumby would be involved, or a few of them, But myers manager said a few things would need to fall into place.

Pick 33 could become 34 Buddy, 35 Thomas, 36 Dal Santo?, Sylvia 37 very quickly, so the question would be is Gumby worth pick 37?

If a deal doesn't come through i'm 95% sure we will get him in the PSD, guys always get where they want in the PSD nowdays. (John McCarthy excluded)

I am 100 % sure Gumbleton will not be going in the PSD. Don't you think the Bulldogs would take him before Freo does.
If you want him it will cost pick 33.

I'm here to just set everyone straight.

Ports list manager said it is very unlikely Port would part with pick #30 for Gumby, they have enough trouble trying to get Butchers body right, without another one.
Essendon side of things it Looks like a multi club deal could be done late next week, not sure if Crameri, Myers, Jetta or Gumby would be involved, or a few of them, But myers manager said a few things would need to fall into place.

Pick 33 could become 34 Buddy, 35 Thomas, 36 Dal Santo?, Sylvia 37 very quickly, so the question would be is Gumby worth pick 37?

If his body was ok (which apparently it is) quite a few of the people on this board would part with 37 for Gumby (some would not) because he fills our need. Bondy, however, is a different kettle of fish. He is the one you need to be asking.:) The fact that we basically threw Michie away for nothing today probably suggests that we are up to something but to be honest with Freo, we would be the last to know.

I am 100 % sure Gumbleton will not be going in the PSD. Don't you think the Bulldogs would take him before Freo does.

You're on drugs if you think the dogs will take gumby in the psd. They'll be using that on crameri. As for the cost Essendon need to realise that uncontracted players are worth less. Pick 33 is too much for an uncontracted, regularly injured player who has been kept out of the team by a baby giraffe.

Freo and Dogs should collude to get Gumby and Crameri to both walk into the PSD.

If reading the D&T board is anything to go by the entire league is sick of Essendon's bullshit.

Freo and Dogs should collude to get Gumby and Crameri to both walk into the PSD.

If reading the D&T board is anything to go by the entire league is sick of Essendon's bullshit.

This is a club{Essen} that needs to improve its draft picks and thinks nobody knows whats going on .

Bondy is going to play hard ball because he can and Essendon don't like it because they are like a spoilt child and haven't worked out yet that is payback time .

You'll have to throw something in return to make 33 work. The following options (in order of preference for Freo) would on the table or take our chances in the PSD (where Essendon, regardless of who gets him will get nothing and we move on):
1. Mellington + Pick 54 > Gumbleton (Our Pre-Compo picks are 16, 33, 51)
2. Mellington + Pick 51 > Gumbleton (Our Pre-Compo picks are 16, 33, 54)
3. Pick 33 + Pick 54 > Gumbleton + Pick 44 (Our Pre-Compo picks are 16, 44, 51)
4. Pick 33 + Mellington > Gumbleton + Pick 44 (Our Pre-Compo picks are 16, 44, 51, 54)

The interest in Mellington seems luke warm so option 3 seems most likely and having the extra early 4th round pick is handy. Essendon should they accept Pick 22 for Crameri will only have Picks 22, 44, 62; so with option 3 above they end up with 22, 33, 54, 62. What is interesting is Brisbane look set to have a heap of picks between 25 and 40.

The AFL website is reporting this morning that we will decide on Gumbleton by the end of the week. So if this is true I dare say that it will be a last minute trade or PSD. I really hope its a trade I don't like the idea of pushing players through to the PSD, it doesn't help future trades with and team and your not a sure thing to land the player that you want.

The AFL website is reporting this morning that we will decide on Gumbleton by the end of the week. So if this is true I dare say that it will be a last minute trade or PSD. I really hope its a trade I don't like the idea of pushing players through to the PSD, it doesn't help future trades with and team and your not a sure thing to land the player that you want.
We still have another week of trading to go.

Sounds like the longer it drags, the less the value of gumbleton falls.

At this point in time, it seems like Gumby is dead set to leave Essendon. So if no trade is done, he'll walk into PSD knowing he'll be picked up by someone.

If I were the bombers i settle on any deal on offer now, given that they desperately need picks.

Let's wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The answer to our KPF issues... Scott Gumbleton

Back