List Mgmt. The answer to our KPF issues... Scott Gumbleton

What Is Gumby worth?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the last player that I can think of that didn't get to the team that he wanted to via the PSD was john McCarthy. Funnily enough he was chosen by Port Adelaide and they are the other team that are interested in Gumbleton. They could still choose him if he did happen to go to the PSD they have done it before.

Looks good in purple. I'm sure he will smile more when he gets to Freo

1378753_215177361989833_756666954_n.jpg

the last player that I can think of that didn't get to the team that he wanted to via the PSD was john McCarthy. Funnily enough he was chosen by Port Adelaide and they are the other team that are interested in Gumbleton. They could still choose him if he did happen to go to the PSD they have done it before.

The back story to that is that Matt Primus promised a year in the seniors running through the middle, so he accepted their contract and they picked him in the PSD.

The back story to that is that Matt Primus promised a year in the seniors running through the middle, so he accepted their contract and they picked him in the PSD.

I don't think that's right, he nominated for the draft with contract terms that he thought would get him to some Vic team, I can't recall which one it was, and Port came along and matched the terms. Of course Port let him know what they were doing, but when he nominated for the draft he thought he was going somewhere else

Will a club do this to a player these days. Once no trade is organised you may as well do the best thing for the player like we did for Roberton last year. I'm pretty sure we would've offered Roberton a contract. Happy to be proven wrong though.

We didn't offer him a contract but told him if a trade couldn't be done to get him back to Victoria, we would give him a contract for another year.
Very magnanimous of Fremantle.

I don't think that's right, he nominated for the draft with contract terms that he thought would get him to some Vic team, I can't recall which one it was, and Port came along and matched the terms. Of course Port let him know what they were doing, but when he nominated for the draft he thought he was going somewhere else

Straight from the horses mouth, Port approached him while he was running around with Richmond and offered him a better deal. The only thing I was disputing is that a player who nominated for the draft was picked by a club they didn't want to go to, he was happy to go and knew prior to the draft that he was going there.

Straight from the horses mouth, Port approached him while he was running around with Richmond and offered him a better deal. The only thing I was disputing is that a player who nominated for the draft was picked by a club they didn't want to go to, he was happy to go and knew prior to the draft that he was going there.

Cheers, I don't think they can offer him a better deal since he is the one that puts his terms on his head when he nominates for the draft, and any club that drafts him just meets those terms. Happy to defer to your greater knowledge otherwise, I couldn't even remember the other club involved

Wonder if we have even tabled Mellington and 54 to Essendon. They would be stupid not to take it.
Big risk now of Gumby walking into the PSD, now he has nominated us.
It is also possible that Mellington has ruled out a move to Essendon. Considering their recent history you can understand players baulking at going there.

I am probably way of the mark here but were'nt the Bomber players given free reign to go to the club of their choice if they felt aggrieved over the club putting the players health at risk re the doping saga?

I believe the story goes that some players asked the AFLPA about what their options were and the AFL actually stated that they would have a case to have their contracts torn up or something or other...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFLPA put the proposal to AFL and they were meant to adjudicate on it at the time that they discussed the priority pick for the tankers. They said they had put the decision off and that is the last that I heard of it.

Just hope we get a deal done. Dragging it out means another club will offer a better trade and contract to Gumbleton (ala Mitch Clark). As much as he gets injured, we desperately need a KPP and missing out again will be a tipping point. Just get him FFS Bond!

Scott Gumbleton eyes off Fremantle

Jake Niall

Senior sports writer for The Age

<iframe id="dcAd-1-3" src="http://ad-apac.doubleclick.net/N641...type=article;sz=120x50;tile=3;ord=6.694571E7?" width='120' height='50' scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

gumbleton-200x0.jpg

Scott Gumbleton has not wavered from his desire to join Freo. Photo: Getty Images
Scott Gumbleton has told Essendon that he wishes to be traded to Fremantle, which is well placed to gain the key forward.
Gumbleton told the Bombers of his wish to become a Docker on Wednesday. Fremantle is understood to be offering only pick 54 at this stage, while the Dons have asked for Fremantle's late second-round pick, 33.
Gumbleton had attracted some interest from Port Adelaide, which spoke to his management, but as Gumbleton has not wavered from his wish to join the Dockers, who have already added Melbourne forward Colin Sylvia to their senior list as a free agent and have a need for a tall forward to support 32-year-old Matthew Pavlich.
Gumbleton had considered a move back to his home state of Western Australia last year, before opting to sign a one-year deal with the Bombers, defying the view that Essendon's surfeit of talls - by then including teen prodigy Joe Daniher - meant he would struggle to cement a regular spot in the team.
This year, Gumbleton played seven games for a total of 35 since he joined the Bombers following the 2006 national draft, where the highly touted junior was the No. 2 pick, behind Bryce Gibbs.
He was grounded with a succession of injuries in the first five years of his career - including a back affliction that required surgery in 2011 - but both he and the Bombers persisted in the hope that the popular forward's fortunes would turn, as he returned from the surgery late in the 2012 season and played some impressive football.
The late pick offered by Fremantle was gained when it traded Viv Michie to Melbourne.
The trading period has been held up in recent days, with clubs to learn on Friday what picks they will receive as compensation for free agents. The wait for the confirmation of those picks has made a number of clubs reluctant to commit to players and deals.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/scott-gumbleton-eyes-off-fremantle-20131017-2vpbh.html#ixzz2hyCx40E2

I'm not sure why you want Gumbleton to go to the PSD. You do all know the Bulldogs offered him a 3 year deal last year and they're desperate for a KP forward. He has a very good relationship with McCarney. If he goes to the PSD he becomes a Dog and you will miss out again. I'd do the trade for Mellington +pick 54 or straight swap for 33. You may think 33 is overs but sometime you need to pay a little over to get your man. I wouldn't be risking the PSD

I'm not sure why you want Gumbleton to go to the PSD. You do all know the Bulldogs offered him a 3 year deal last year and they're desperate for a KP forward. He has a very good relationship with McCarney. If he goes to the PSD he becomes a Dog and you will miss out again. I'd do the trade for Mellington +pick 54 or straight swap for 33. You may think 33 is overs but sometime you need to pay a little over to get your man. I wouldn't be risking the PSD

And I'm not sure why a club that has been suspended from the first two rounds of the draft would want to lose a player for nothing instead. I would probably do Mellington and pick 54 for Gumby too if it would be agreed upon tomorrow. Just to get it out of the way.

Mellington and pick 54 is fair. He may never play again, for various reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The answer to our KPF issues... Scott Gumbleton

Back