The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 years today. Damn, I wish I was old enough to like soccer and watch it back then. Amazing game. Would gone off tap if I was watching it now. I haven't had much luck as a sport's supporter lately.

[youtube]YHtjmofqBeM[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHtjmofqBeM

I switched off the TV at half time LOL!
I then started chatting with the people in another soccer forum.
Then someone started posting about how we scored a goal, after a while we scored again, I quickly turn the tv back on and saw the Alonso penalty, then the rest is history.

Stuart Downing is set to be confirmed as a Liverpool player today as long as he passes a medical which he is set to have today around 6pm (AEST).

11m is the agreed fee.

you also said a couple weeks back we had signed marin..

I said we were close to signing Marin, but after Downing expressed his interest to leave Villa, KK and Commolli decided he was the better option.

Also, why is this place so quiet of late? 2 months ago, there was so much posts to read and now it's a desolate wasteland.:confused:

I said we were close to signing Marin, but after Downing expressed his interest to leave Villa, KK and Commolli decided he was the better option.

Also, why is this place so quiet of late? 2 months ago, there was so much posts to read and now it's a desolate wasteland.:confused:

There was a rival forum started by one of the posters on the soccer boards, and quite a few of the regulars jumped ship

I rate Downing but I would have thought Marin was the better option still.. younger more upside and improvement in him...

Care to share who else you believe we are pursuing then?

What do you guys think of Sylvain Marveaux, still unclear where he is gonna end up, but it is somewhere in England, has been strongly linked with us, I would like him to come, what do you guys reckon?

Marveaux is of similar ilk to Downing so I don't see how we could possibly sign both, at least not without getting rid of Joe Cole.

Looks like we are missing out on Young, what does everyone think of playing Suarez out on the wing and signing another big name striker to play off Carroll up front? Someone perhaps of Argentinian origin and who may or may not currently play for Atletico :)

:rolleyes:

yes, ok. you've got us "stranger".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marveaux is of similar ilk to Downing so I don't see how we could possibly sign both, at least not without getting rid of Joe Cole.

Looks like we are missing out on Young, what does everyone think of playing Suarez out on the wing and signing another big name striker to play off Carroll up front? Someone perhaps of Argentinian origin and who may or may not currently play for Atletico :)

Fair enough, so maybe then some other possibilities are, Eila and Perotta.

I think Suarez is so good at feeding that if we could realistically get Kun then we shouldn't think twice about it. I'd back Suarez in a one on one every time and to create something out of nothing but another striker with more instinct to shoot rather than weave out of trouble would take the pressure off Suarez and Carroll to be our goal machines. It would be Gerrard2Torres mk II otherwise.

Downing would be an excellent signing.

For Villa to lose Downing and Young would be an absolute disaster.

Young is welcome to go but I'd be very disappointed in Downing if he left.

What other choice do they have? Both are refusing to extend their contracts. Perhaps Villa could get Joe Cole in a part swap deal with us.

What other choice do they have? Both are refusing to extend their contracts. Perhaps Villa could get Joe Cole in a part swap deal with us.

I say we be extra nice and give them Jovanovic as well ;)

Stuart Downing is set to be confirmed as a Liverpool player today as long as he passes a medical which he is set to have today around 6pm (AEST).

11m is the agreed fee.

So did he fail his medical? ;)

So it seems we are also thought to be getting Diego. I thought he was a quality player a few seasons back and still is, what are your thoughts guys?

Where has it been said we are getting him? I saw a few rubbish links a while back to him but that was it.....

To be honest I wouldn't want Diego simply because we'd have to try and base the formation around him and we already have players that can do what he can.

Also have heard he's had attitude problems of late, so who knows.

To be honest I wouldn't want Diego simply because we'd have to try and base the formation around him and we already have players that can do what he can.

Also have heard he's had attitude problems of late, so who knows.

Yeah true, but if he goes back to the form he had a few years back, I would love to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back