Universal Love The Billy Hartung Bandwagon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you got a Hartung, Hallahan, Woodward & Heatherly bandwagon together, stuck Hodgepodge in the middle and cracked the whip.... Would it draw and quarter him?? One of those existential life questions I think.

I am on the Anderson bandwagon, which has pulled in at the station for a while but I feel it is about to rocket back into the lead. Billy does look mighty fine though from what I have seen and heard. Midfield rotations circa 2017 - Hallahan, Woodward, Langford, Shiels, Breust, Hill, Smith, Rioli, Hartung, Webster Sicily with Anderson playing the Burgoyne role of dominate where it is needed most. Happy times

Potential to be a great player, particularly as the AFL lowers the cap on interchange in the future, as his hard-running and high stamina will be important in the fourth quarter of games.

Very encouraged by what I've seen at BHCO. Vocal and not afraid to be an option for the inside midfielders Box Hill possesses. With Woodward on the comeback trail from injury, Hallahan having a taste of senior football, Hill cementing himself as a best 22 player, etc, Hawthorn's future midfield stocks are looking rosy.

If he could play in defence I would have him in ahead of suckling. What our backline really craves (apart from a fit full back) is a dasher with good skills charging out of defence. We have birchall but we lack a second option when he is being tagged. Suckling isn't that player as he generally prefers to receive the ball rather than charge back and swoop on the loose ball and immediately start running and transition us from defence to attack instantaneously.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

All aboard!

Seats will be strictly limited, so jump on while you still can.

Billy is a prodigious runner. Having watched him a few times this season he bolts up and down the wings of Box Hill City Oval, often without reward( which will change over time). It's not uncommon for Billy to be part of a chain of handballs at the half back line only to see him streaming into the forward pocket screaming for the ball to be delivered to him, after running his arse off to make himself dangerous ahead of the play.
He is quite good by foot, and has shown a willingness to take the game on.

On Saturday night he had what Damien Carroll termed his best game for the club since being drafted.

Hartung gathered 25 disposals in the victory, with his run and carry through the midfield of particular importance.

“That was his best game at senior VFL level,” Caroll said.

“He used the ball really well, linked up well and he was able to spread well to help us get a lot of ball on the outside, which helped us with our forward momentum with the footy.

“He’s coming along really well and we’re really happy he could put together that performance.”

So get in early, he's got a way to go, but Billy looks very likely to have his own fan club in no time.

Great Post. Thanks for the update.

I think Hartung may get a few games in his debut year like Hill and Anderson.
Next year he should be a regular. Just looks like an AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should post a link in the cats autopsy thread - people jumping off wagons left and right there :D

No need to jump off the hawthorn bandwagon

Be a downright shame if we only beat them once in 2014 (and it happened to be a knock out final)

Sorry, mate. Are you going to share your dream?
"...Trembling, Jed reached with yearning fingers for the flimsy bodice that clung softly from his young team-mate's shoulder..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back