Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

His accent just grates with me in this context. I like Morrison in Once Were Warriors/Aquaman. Also, dubbing his voice over the original Boba Fett is up there with ‘Han shot first’ for annoying changes ;)

But fair enough, I’ll switch it to old, fat, skirt wearing Fett.

I honestly don’t see any of that. His age, weight and country of origin doesn’t even register with me. I judge the end product on its merits.

I didn’t say meaningless, I said annoying. Like changing Anakin’s Force ghost. Just the little irritations of being a Star Wars fan.

I mean, it was strange because you cited "Han shot first" which is actually the original. So hard to know what you actually meant by citing it.

Not really hard at all. The changes to the films I loved are mildly infuriating, so changing the fact that Han shot first, Fett’s voice, Vader’s ghost etc.

It made it seem like the idea of Han shooting first was what annoyed you but all good.

The changes were made for consistency, no issues with non-intrusive ones like Fett's voice.

The release date of 29th, is that USA 29th, thus making it around 30th for us?

Or does each time zone get it at their own 29th?

It's the same time everywhere, just like with the Mandalorian. It will be something like 2am in the US and 7pm here.

It made it seem like the idea of Han shooting first was what annoyed you but all good.

The changes were made for consistency, no issues with non-intrusive ones like Fett's voice.

Which I still don't understand how that equates to having a crack at the bloke's age and weight etc, maybe its just me.

Really looking forward to this. Next Wednesday 7pm, I think my son is more excited for this than he is for Christmas :D

Which I still don't understand how that equates to having a crack at the bloke's age and weight etc, maybe its just me.

Really looking forward to this. Next Wednesday 7pm, I think my son is more excited for this than he is for Christmas :D
No one wants to see their heroes get old or fat (or take to wearing a skirt). Though if they can age like Ming-Na Wen, you get a pass. I would be happy leaving Boba in the past, time to move forward or some such similar phrasing ;)

No one wants to see their heroes get old or fat (or take to wearing a skirt). Though if they can age like Ming-Na Wen, you get a pass. I would be happy leaving Boba in the past, time to move forward or some such similar phrasing ;)

Wot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had genuinely never noticed it until that picture. And now that I have, it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.

I think in the Boba Fett doco TM talks about how proud he was that they included traditional Maori elements into his costume and weaponry, which I think is fantastic. Bizarre to denegrate a culture like that.

I think in the Boba Fett doco TM talks about how proud he was that they included traditional Maori elements into his costume and weaponry, which I think is fantastic. Bizarre to denegrate a culture like that.
Yes, that’s what I was doing :rolleyes:

I mean, I’m mostly winding you guys up, very easily it seems. However, Boba Fett is largely only popular because of his badass look. Taking off the helmet, looking much older, putting a very distinctive accent over his mechanised voice, putting a sarong over his trademark look all seem like rather odd choices.

I’d rather Star Wars look forward than live in the past so much. On their own, there’s nothing with Fett, Obi-Wan, Lando, Andor etc but together it’s a bit much backward looking. Fett is the most disposable story, for mine.

I mean, I’m mostly winding you guys up, very easily it seems. However, Boba Fett is largely only popular because of his badass look. Taking off the helmet, looking much older, putting a very distinctive accent over his mechanised voice, putting a sarong over his trademark look all seem like rather odd choices.

I’d rather Star Wars look forward than live in the past so much. On their own, there’s nothing with Fett, Obi-Wan, Lando, Andor etc but together it’s a bit much backward looking. Fett is the most disposable story, for mine.
OK guess you won't watch then.

I figured you were somewhat taking the piss. However you said them both twice, so you’ve kinda doubled down on those comments. Again, might just be me, but I tend to stay away from having a crack at someone’s age, weight, accent, country of origin etc etc. Even in the name of “humour” (if you can call it that), that’s shit form IMO. Like I said, maybe it’s just me.

If you’re comfortable with that, by all means go for it. Continue that all you like. For me, I like to measure things on their merits and don’t really give a shit if he’s wearing a “skirt” or not. So looking forward to next week, keen as for this series.

That's some solid irony in someone who is against going back to the well of established IP but wanting to be a character exactly how they remembered them previously.

Even if Fett wasn't Fett, that episode of Mando still makes him a very interesting character. It was one of the best episodes within the two seasons IMO.

2 days to go

Me patiently waiting.

119960.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back