Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

File this one under bizarre

Saw this in a memorabilia store today. The Three Kings - all listed as midfelders/forwards and allegedly signed by all three;

Patrick Cripps
Charlie Curnow

And

Levi Casboult.

Attachments

• 20240924_125133.jpg
    20240924_125133.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
pardon the intrusion

this is one for the carlton historians. (if you have a resident expert please tag them)

What is the go with the house that is between Royal Parade and Ikon Park? I walk past it every time I watch AFLW and am always bemused that someone appears to live there as there is always a car in the driveway and someone was clearly inside watching TV last night.

On this map it is labelled as a lodge. https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/4...er-8402/plan-of-proposed-licence-area-cfc.pdf

for all my googling and trove searches I can't find anything on it, so thought I would try here.

pardon the intrusion

this is one for the carlton historians. (if you have a resident expert please tag them)

What is the go with the house that is between Royal Parade and Ikon Park? I walk past it every time I watch AFLW and am always bemused that someone appears to live there as there is always a car in the driveway and someone was clearly inside watching TV last night.

On this map it is labelled as a lodge. https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/4...er-8402/plan-of-proposed-licence-area-cfc.pdf

for all my googling and trove searches I can't find anything on it, so thought I would try here.

Barry Mitchell’s office

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

pardon the intrusion

I suggest you contact Tony De Bolfo.

Here’s an article he wrote about the original curator at Princes Park.

I noticed this in the article.

‘Tom and Alice took up lodgings in the old caretaker’s cottage, before relocating to a brick house which flanked the north-eastern pocket of the ground.’

There definitely was a brick house within the boundaries of the ground where the curator lived. I’m not sure about where the ‘old caretaker’s cottage’ was located.

This might help. A reference to the ‘The Lodge’.

Last edited:
To the miserable piece of Filth Filth wandering around Woolworths Sunbury wearing a “Carlton are Shit t-shirt” - is there any room for a brain in your head given the amount rent free living Carlton are doing in there.

:rolleyes:

pardon the intrusion

Good question - I had to Google Map it and remind myself what was there.

Presumably a caretakers cottage. Seemed common in our gardens - Kevin Heinz (famous TV gardener in his day) I think lived in one in the Fitzroy Gardens.

1727423568594.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back