The Chinese Communist party are campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Hong Kong is part of China.

And China has been picking fights and getting picked on by neighbours for about 3 millennia now.

It is not Australia’s responsibility or position to police these issues.
If Hong Kong doesn't want to be part of China because of different value then it's not part of China. China been picked on for three millennium you're pathetic.

sure it wasnt the NTs Labor government?
never the less we have Commrad Dan in Victopia begging and borrowing to the chinease & leasing assets to them as well! yet nothing is said as he is labor
It was the Giles CLP government. 99 year lease. This government was so incompetent they only won 2 seats in the 2016 NT Election. Politicians love caring about human rights issues until the brown paper bags are flashed in front of them. And Chinese firms show us that it's both parties that are at it.

It's interesting to see conservatives trying to wedge the progressives from the left and the progressives trying to wedge the conservatives from the right on this issue. Given recent political trends as well as the recession we are effectively in I wouldn't be betting a house on who will win out the wedge game at this stage.

Indeed if the left use them usually it's a fact free zone

Dan China's Man should explain

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has called on Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews to explain what commitments his state has offered the Chinese government as part of its controversial infrastructure agreement.
I ask Peter Dutton precisely what his position in the great state of Victoria is, that he can state an opinion in yet another area that isn't under his department's purview?

If the pricks don't want to get blamed for things that are state issues, perhaps they should shut the **** up instead of commenting on them.

Last edited:
So China is in the process of turning off our money tap. How long before we as a nation start groveling ? Pretty quickly I think. So, so stupid.
Why the **** were we in such a rush to make a scene about an investigation when most countries around the world were only beginning to suffer from the outbreak, not recover from it like we were? The US with their American first President aren't going to compensate for the economic damage this is going to cause.

The amount of misplaced arrogance we have as a country is mindblowing, when around the world we are seen as a lap dog of the US. Quite frankly I cannot disagree with that description.

the dooms day prophet of propaganda are in a spin about a harmless documentory!
like usual it exposes them as fraudsters so it needs to be banned
It hurts losing one of your own. kinda like when you find Santa is fake. yet oddly we all know fossil fuels are finite should be used less to save them for the future generations.

So China is in the process of turning off our money tap. How long before we as a nation start groveling ? Pretty quickly I think. So, so stupid.
Why the fu** were we in such a rush to make a scene about an investigation when most countries around the world were only beginning to suffer from the outbreak, not recover from it like we were? The US with their American first President aren't going to compensate for the economic damage this is going to cause.

The amount of misplaced arrogance we have as a country is mindblowing, when around the world we are seen as a lap dog of the US. Quite frankly I cannot disagree with that description.
I think you now qualify for a French Passport

I ask Peter Dutton precisely what his position in the great state of Victoria is, that he can state an opinion in yet another area that isn't under his department's purview?

If the pricks don't want to get blamed for things that are state issues, perhaps they should shut the fu** up instead of commenting on them.

At least Victorians are not scared by going out to dinner anymore - why didn't princess potato mention that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

China's flexing hard re. iron ore. Either they're trying to bluff, or have a s*ittonne of the stuff stockpiled in china for a while. If it's the latter, or they work a way to get more supply of Brazil, we're f*cked.

Why the fu** were we in such a rush to make a scene about an investigation when most countries around the world were only beginning to suffer from the outbreak, not recover from it like we were? The US with their American first President aren't going to compensate for the economic damage this is going to cause.

ScoMo was told a little while back that Australia better back the US in everything the US says and does in regards to China or the consequences for Australia would be severe. I detest ScoMo, but this is out of his control - we've been sucked into Trump's re-election campaign and this is the result

China's flexing hard re. iron ore. Either they're trying to bluff, or have a s*ittonne of the stuff stockpiled in china for a while. If it's the latter, or they work a way to get more supply of Brazil, we're f*cked.
Its.a bluff but they are sure they will win given theey already have a puppet running one state and the federal ALP demanding that Australia crawl to Chinese bullying

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ScoMo was told a little while back that Australia better back the US in everything the US says and does in regards to China or the consequences for Australia would be severe. I detest ScoMo, but this is out of his control - we've been sucked into Trump's re-election campaign and this is the result

Someone posted on here a while ago Trumps approach to this election would be to deflect everything onto China/ taking them on. Don't know how this ends, but it could get very very messy.

You would hope not

We really should have avoided the megaphone type politics via the media which was being used at the time and currently by the the USA and China.

The EU showed the correct response framing the investigation by including how the world responded to the crisis as well as it's origins

You would hope not

We really should have avoided the megaphone type politics via the media which was being used at the time and currently by the the USA and China.

The EU showed the correct response framing the investigation by including how the world responded to the crisis as well as it's origins
The EU is big enough that Trump can't really threaten them - he wants International backing from a country generally respected by his core base, countries like NZ are too trivial and the rest of the world isn't white or doesn't speak english - we are the perfect patsy that has been forced to be the weedy little dweeb backing up whatever ludicrous statement Biff the bully says

We should never give into Bullies, most of our output can be sold to someone else and we should
In 10 to 20 years maybe India and Indonesia will, but these nations are behind China in their development cycle by some margin. Behind them are countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan who are even further back in their growth.

No other country has the combination of purchasing power and population size that China current has. Sure, we could cut exports to China and sure, some of their actions are reprehensible. But if we go down that path we will become a very poor country very quickly, with an added threat to national security if we become even more adversarial.

Nobody will care about "standing up to bullies" when our national income and economic growth has been eroded. The fact that people can think that our country can do this is a sign of arrogance. Australian diplomacy in South East Asia has always been terrible and laced with preaching arrogance. These Barley farmers who have had their incomes eroded over night are not going to care about standing up to bullies.

The US is basically a basket case besides their military strength, manufacturing ability and their sheer population size. How long is this sustainable?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Chinese Communist party are campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back