Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post Doc,
I'm no ITK or anything but after next year I can see AR moving into a development role and standing aside - or a deal similar in nature - as we chase Horse or Clarko (or failing that - Ratts steps up).
No huge payout with such a deal and all parties involved save face. Just a gutfeel.

No coach is going to get sacked and then perform a lesser role, egos simply won’t allow it.
We will have another poor year next year if Richo is in charge, we will lose quality players, memberships will fall off a cliff, we won’t attract any decent recruits, crowds will be embarrassing....I’m sure Longmire and Clarkson can’t wait to walk into that. Waiting for the dream coach is the quickest way to sustained mediocrity.
The coaches position is untenable, everybody knows it, even the board. Let them continue their politics and hopefully the two board members who would look the silliest if Richo was to be sacked can come around and put the club first before any perceived blow to their reputations.
Things are still happening behind the scenes, I guarantee you that.

Say's who ??

That’s the script from a number of different ITK’s. I believe them.

Paul Roos quoted as saying the players aren’t “listening or actioning” Richo’s message.

We have gone from one of the best pressure teams to the worst. That implies they aren’t trying. Gerard Healy quoted as saying we’ve “lost our brand”.

From my own observations the majority of the season the players threw in the towel & werent playing for the coach.

There’s enough evidence to suggest Richo has lost the players. Think otherwise I don’t care. We are all entitled to our opinions.

No coach is going to get sacked and then perform a lesser role, egos simply won’t allow it.
We will have another poor year next year if Richo is in charge, we will lose quality players, memberships will fall off a cliff, we won’t attract any decent recruits, crowds will be embarrassing....I’m sure Longmire and Clarkson can’t wait to walk into that. Waiting for the dream coach is the quickest way to sustained mediocrity.
The coaches position is untenable, everybody knows it, even the board. Let them continue their politics and hopefully the two board members who would look the silliest if Richo was to be sacked can come around and put the club first before any perceived blow to their reputations.
Things are still happening behind the scenes, I guarantee you that.
As I said MG, I'm no ITK just a gutfeel. You'd know more about the internal goings on than I.
Trying to find the positive side to his retention is all.

Nice post Doc,
I'm no ITK or anything but after next year I can see AR moving into a development role and standing aside - or a deal similar in nature - as we chase Horse or Clarko (or failing that - Ratts steps up).
No huge payout with such a deal and all parties involved save face. Just a gutfeel.

I don’t want Richo anywhere near our club especially in a development role. Most young players have regressed under his watch. Can’t allow him to ruin Clark & Coffield & whoever else we get. He’s already ruined a number of careers. Just needs to disappear elsewhere.

That’s the script from a number of different ITK’s. I believe them.

Paul Roos quoted as saying the players aren’t “listening or actioning” Richo’s message.

We have gone from one of the best pressure teams to the worst. That implies they aren’t trying. Gerard Healy quoted as saying we’ve “lost our brand”.

From my own observations the majority of the season the players threw in the towel & werent playing for the coach.

There’s enough evidence to suggest Richo has lost the players. Think otherwise I don’t care. We are all entitled to our opinions.

If he had lost the players the GC & Melb wins would not of happened & including the close loss to the Hawks late in the season, no doubt we have maybe 1 or 2 disgruntled players all clubs do have a look at Miles,Bolton & Lloyed at Richmond they are also disgruntled so it happens everywhere.

Have not heard any credible news of a player revolt.

I don’t want Richo anywhere near our club especially in a development role. Most young players have regressed under his watch. Can’t allow him to ruin Clark & Coffield & whoever else we get. He’s already ruined a number of careers. Just needs to disappear elsewhere.
Nope, and thats fair enough Trig - absolutely entitled to that opinion and there is *PLENTY* of evidence to support your claim. I'm not advocating we retain AR, but I think the decision to do so has already been made and unless our W/L is total rubbish he'll be there all year. I'm just trying to justify (mostly to myself) the transition plan when he does get his marching orders. I sincerely hope we have a stable plan in place and don't bungle this up for outsiders to shake their heads at and cluck "typical Saints".
I'm sick of being the butt of all jokes.

If he had lost the players the GC & Melb wins would not of happened & including the close loss to the Hawks late in the season, no doubt we have maybe 1 or 2 disgruntled players all clubs do have a look at Miles,Bolton & Lloyed at Richmond they are also disgruntled so it happens everywhere.

Have not heard any credible news of a player revolt.

That’s why I said majority of the season. There were some exceptions.

Let’s see how it all plays out with regard to coaching change & trade period.

Nope, and thats fair enough Trig - absolutely entitled to that opinion and there is *PLENTY* of evidence to support your claim. I'm not advocating we retain AR, but I think the decision to do so has already been made and unless our W/L is total rubbish he'll be there all year. I'm just trying to justify (mostly to myself) the transition plan when he does get his marching orders. I sincerely hope we have a stable plan in place and don't bungle this up for outsiders to shake their heads at and cluck "typical Saints".
I'm sick of being the butt of all jokes.
It will be a case of ripping the band-aid off.

It never works having someone sacked and then dropping back in roles. Imagine in the corporate world, a CEO being sacked and dropping back to a GM role. They would spend the whole time knifing the new CEO..

Richo would still have supporters under him who would also see it difficult to support a new coach..

Think it would be a lot easier to get him out completely and try and find him another job at another club.

It never works having someone sacked and then dropping back in roles. Imagine in the corporate world, a CEO being sacked and dropping back to a GM role. They would spend the whole time knifing the new CEO..

Richo would still have supporters under him who would also see it difficult to support a new coach..

Think it would be a lot easier to get him out completely and try and find him another job at another club.
Would Sandy be an option do you think Mikka? Trying to be as unbiased as we can...

That’s why I said majority of the season. There were some exceptions.

Let’s see how it all plays out with regard to coaching change & trade period.
Agreed i think we retain Richo for stability it's to hard to sell a club to a prospective player with instability his connections with PA might get us a player or two & managers hate nothing more then hearing about coach departures when they are trying to convince a client to move there.

Look what happened to Turnbull. Abbott's hatred was so strong he would destroy the party to destroy Turnbull.
Et tu Brutae. You to Brutus.

Last thing the new broom wants is to have the old broom still in the closet.

Richo may be a great bloke but get him away from the club if he is sacked.

BTW if he is such a well regarded development coach over the years why are we 3rd bottom and have 6 senior players ambivalent about their futures at staying with the club.

Dunstan said as much about 5 weeks before the end of the season.....interestingly never played in the firsts again.

Richo has just got to go.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Sandy be an option do you think Mikka? Trying to be as unbiased as we can...
Not sure mate. The Sandy coach still has a fair bit of involvement at the club.

I think Richo wouldn't find it hard to get a job at another club - whether as an assistant or football department.

I wouldn't be opposed if he "stepped down" but it doesn't look they way. Its getting ugly. The last thing we or the new coach would want is more instability caused by a disgruntled ex-coach still at the club..

Look what happened to Turnbull. Abbott's hatred was so strong he would destroy the party to destroy Turnbull.
Et tu Brutae. You to Brutus.

Last thing the new broom wants is to have the old broom still in the closet.

Richo may be a great bloke but get him away from the club if he is sacked.

BTW if he is such a well regarded development coach over the years why are we 3rd bottom and have 6 senior players ambivalent about their futures at staying with the club.

Dunstan said as much about 5 weeks before the end of the season.....interestingly never played in the firsts again.

Richo has just got to go.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bang on.

Not sure mate. The Sandy coach still has a fair bit of involvement at the club.

I think Richo wouldn't find it hard to get a job at another club - whether as an assistant or football department.

I wouldn't be opposed if he "stepped down" but it doesn't look they way. Its getting ugly. The last thing we or the new coach would want is more instability caused by a disgruntled ex-coach still at the club..
I agree re the disgruntled ex coach. Jeez I hope we have a clear pathway moving forward on this issue and we havent just sat on our hands and are praying for some minor miracle to change our course

Agreed i think we retain Richo for stability it's to hard to sell a club to a prospective player with instability his connections with PA might get us a player or two & managers hate nothing more then hearing about coach departures when they are trying to convince a client to move there.

It’s even harder to sell your club to potential players when you’ve got a terrible coach, unhappy players and an unhappy board. Our board want Richo gone and a new coach bedded in well before trade period for exactly this reason.
“Stability” is the reason we are in this awful mess in the first place.

It’s even harder to sell your club to potential players when you’ve got a terrible coach, unhappy players and an unhappy board. Our board want Richo gone and a new coach bedded in well before trade period for exactly this reason.

It’s sounds like it’s only a matter of time until he’s given the heave ho

I think I see the Saints ending up in Tassie.
Not a very attractive destination :(

drftax.jpg

Ok i agree so why don't they do it then it makes no sense to make a decision in 3 or 5 weeks draft,trading period over, so if the so called board want him gone there not doing a good job getting on with it.

My call he stays

When you say our board wants Richo gone, I’m assuming the majority? So just a couple of them (who we can have an educated guess at) are holding this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back