Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the campaigners overseas on holidays hopefully Lethlean sends him a text to clean out his office by close of business tomorrow....
I'm in Perth but will jump on the redeye tonight and clean his office out myself.... just to be on the safe side :p

I know you are winding me up but sadly I think there is some truth in that. People do love saying I told you so and I was right. Im hoping to be completely wrong and he coaches for another 10 years. best option by a mile.

I want rid of him. I think he’s gash.

I hope I am right if he is only able to turn it around as far as getting us up to mid table again (the draw will take care of that).

I hope I am wrong if he is able to turn us into a team capable of contending for a flag.

Just can’t see where the change comes from. Unless he has a different persona away from the camera I don’t think he can inspire our team to get close.

I want rid of him. I think he’s gash.

I hope I am right if he is only able to turn it around as far as getting us up to mid table again (the draw will take care of that).

I hope I am wrong if he is able to turn us into a team capable of contending for a flag.

Just can’t see where the change comes from. Unless he has a different persona away from the camera I don’t think he can inspire our team to get close.

Just out of interest how do think Ross Lyon speaks in front of a camera

Just out of interest how do think Ross Lyon speaks in front of a camera

It’s a good question / point. He goes Okay - with a bit of passion and a lot of fire especially if a journo asks the wrong question.

Also has runs on the board with some of our best players of recent years speaking highly of him.

St Kilda players after every one of Richo’s motivational ‘new player to debut’ speeches:

upload_2018-10-9_19-53-5.gif

Needs to grab a few **** like RTB and gain some respect among his peers...
That always helps!.....;)

Lyon for all his faults is genuinely engaging when he speaks and smacks of presence!
I find him fascinating to listen to!
Richo on the hand is more suited to being the perfect cure for insomniacs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he coaches next year which it seems certain do you want us to make finals?

I do, for the same reason I got up off the couch and celebrated madly when Gresh kicked the sealer against Gold Coast, I want the club to win and I want the players to win every game we play.

But I also feel that this will set the club’s premiership chances back a few years as I don’t ever see us contending or even getting near the big dance with him in charge.

Just as the Gold Coast and Melbourne wins prob kept Richo in his job - still wouldn’t change the results tho.

Next year he has improved assistants so it’s now or never.

I do, for the same reason I got up off the couch and celebrated madly when Gresh kicked the sealer against Gold Coast, I want the club to win and I want the players to win every game we play.

But I also feel that this will set the club’s premiership chances back a few years as I don’t ever see us contending or even getting near the big dance with him in charge.

Next year he has improved assistants so it’s now or never.

I reckon a lot of pies supporters said the same about Buckley. If he got us in the finals with those players he is good enough to win 5 flags

Yeah Shiel - definitely choose Essendon over us because Worsfold is so much more successful than Richo!!!

Worsfold @ 40% over the last 4 years.

Richo @ 38%

Bolton @ 28%
I'm not sure if this is an attempt to support richo but mate this is a hilarious time span.

What kind of absurd cherry picking is 4 years?

Richo has coached 5 years and Worsfold has only had 3 years at Essendon. The first year he had a team made up of VFL hacks after 12 of his players were suspended, mostly from his best 22, and you know what he won 3 games that year - one less than richo did this year after Richo claimed we have enough talent to be challenging for the flag, for the second year in a row.

I don't even rate Worsfold that much but the dude has coached for 15 seasons, 18 finals and has a W/L rate of over 50%

The only reason we have to still put up with an insipid richo is because of a disastrous contractual bungle by our administration, the entire football community knows that he is on the plank - you don't think that comes into consideration at all for prospective star?

The fact that Richos record is well below Fitzroy at the time they folded is alarming to me let alone potential star recruits.

I’d be worried for Richo’s welfare if he coached alongside old cannon **** Ross. RTB wouldn’t put up with Richo’s mediocre coaching & would bully him out of the job.
Lyon is as useless as **** on a bull.

Took over a developed list twice, got to 4 GF's with donuts, and has fecked both lists.
Can't coach for shit and managers won't send their homesick clients to his fecked up list.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lyon is as useless as **** on a bull.

Took over a developed list twice, got to 4 GF's with donuts, and has fecked both lists.
Can't coach for shit and managers won't send their homesick clients to his fecked up list.

And what if Milne gathered the ball.

And what if my aunty had balls?

Some here hang shit on Ross for stuffing the list and for some reason think he isn't a good coach.

Fact of the matter is that we were contending during those years with facilities that were 2nd rate, and if not for a toepoke and bad bounce he would be a 2x St.Kilda premiership coach and we wouldn't give a shit how bad the list was afterwards.

It's laughable that people think he's no good because he didn't take us to a flag. He probably got as close to a flag as anyone in the history of the game, and the fact he was just short shouldn't discredit any of his prior work. It's ridiculous to even think like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back