Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still couldn’t compete with the Sydney/Crows etc in 16-17. Teams like that were always 3 tiers above us. Cut us up over the back every time hey Rors So even if we did play finals in 16/17 we wouldn’t have done much damage IMO.

Agree with the rest, if he is good enough, he stays.
He is not good enough, they have addressed every issue but the real one Richo.
Simple fact is if we hadn't acted like fool and extended his contract he would already be gone because he is not good enough

No idea, only thing I can think of is he was named head coach mid-November 2013, perhaps his contract started then and so any extensions roll on from then?

But you’d think any new contract would take effect when it was signed and not at the expiry of the current one.

Regardless it’s highly doubtful he will be sacked prior to the 2019 season kicking off.

The AFL financial year starts 1 November 2018 and night have something to do with it.

I have no idea what you are debating but thought I could chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AFL financial year starts 1 November 2018 and night have something to do with it.

I have no idea what you are debating but thought I could chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what I am debating either really.

I was thinking potentially that there may be clauses that can be triggered when he rolls into the next year of his contract - or less financially penalties with termination then. Which would be mid November, if his first contract was signed Mid November 2013 and so runs yearly from November to October.

Just speculating as I am pretty confident we have Richo for next year, at least for the start of the year.

I also have no clue about AFL coaching contracts, I'm basically stealing oxygen right now.

I was thinking potentially that there may be clauses that can be triggered when he rolls into the next year of his contract - or less financially penalties with termination then. Which would be mid November, if his first contract was signed Mid November 2013 and so runs yearly from November to October.

Just speculating as I am pretty confident we have Richo for next year, at least for the start of the year.

I also have no clue about AFL coaching contracts, I'm basically stealing oxygen right now.
I like a good debate where all parties have No idea! Plus i've been stealing oxygen since i was born!

Count me in!

More likely (hopefully) they needed someone else (from grand final sides) to sign on the dotted line before releasing cho. But I think that's no chance now.

We still couldn’t compete with the Sydney/Crows etc in 16-17. Teams like that were always 3 tiers above us. Cut us up over the back every time hey Rors So even if we did play finals in 16/17 we wouldn’t have done much damage IMO.

Agree with the rest, if he is good enough, he stays.
So Richo can't coach because you reckon we couldn't match it with Sydney or the Crows and yet we still managed to beat the eventual premiers in 2016 and thrashed the eventual premiers in 2017.

That would be just luck I gather rather than evidence that Richo can actually coach.

So Richo can't coach because you reckon we couldn't match it with Sydney or the Crows and yet we still managed to beat the eventual premiers in 2016 and thrashed the eventual premiers in 2017.

That would be just luck I gather rather than evidence that Richo can actually coach.
Richo's win loss ratio is extremely poor over his 5 years- one of the worse in recent history for any coach. At senior sporting management level such as an AFL coach, this means he should be long gone by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo's win loss ratio is extremely poor over his 5 years- one of the worse in recent history for any coach. At senior sporting management level such as an AFL coach, this means he should be long gone by now.
Yep his overall record is poor - but you deny the facts - the first two years he was asked to coach a very very s*** team picked from a very very s*** list.

He then coached @ 50%+ for the next two years with an OK team selected from an OK list.

Dimma was crap the first two years then got better (then went downhill for a year). Buckley started @72% and went downhill to sub 40%. Both then got better assistants and it all turned around.

Suggests the quality of the list and the support staff are also a factor. I reckon we've improved the support staff and lets see what the trade/draft period brings.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - he's the Saints coach for next year - get on board!!

Yep his overall record is poor - but you deny the facts - the first two years he was asked to coach a very very s*** team picked from a very very s*** list.

He then coached @ 50%+ for the next two years with an OK team selected from an OK list.

Dimma was crap the first two years then got better (then went downhill for a year). Buckley started @72% and went downhill to sub 40%. Both then got better assistants and it all turned around.

Suggests the quality of the list and the support staff are also a factor. I reckon we've improved the support staff and lets see what the trade/draft period brings.

Anyway - it doesn't matter - he's the Saints coach for next year - get on board!!
The Saints are club of chronic cooda-beeners...too many excuses for failure. Richo has failed and should be gone...fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back