Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

With all this chaos going on and the club looking like a laughing stock it's just a huge relief to know that we've signed all our key people like Clarry and Goodwin to long contracts so they can't walk out on us.
the stocks of the 21' premiership have really plummeted in my mind. Feels like a poisoned chalice. Last two years have ****ing sucked.

A massively talented list decided to get fit as * and have a crack for a year. It was great while it was happening but made no lasting contribution to club success.
An I said it before this all happened, was clearly a weak flag year as well. Doesn't make it less of a flag but it was after Richmond and before Collingwood and Brisbane sorted themselves out

An I said it before this all happened, was clearly a weak flag year as well. Doesn't make it less of a flag but it was after Richmond and before Collingwood and Brisbane sorted themselves out
We were a great side that year no doubt, but to get one taste of success then going back to being selfish campaigners is a disgrace

also no wonder Jackson ****ed off, he gets singled out as the one person who took celebrations too far while Goodwin and Gawn get plastered at the Sorrento Pub.
Certainly highlighted the other issue, that our captain is pretty far in the coaches corner. I love Gawny, he's a pro and he works hard. But now we have to be real and look at it for what it is, he's one of the heads of a culture that's slid south

I'd still trade it all for that flag again. We've been nothing but a rabble for as long as I've been dragging myself to the MCG.

Nobody can take 2021 away from me. Flogging Brisbane, Cats and Dogs in one finals series was glorious. Life was dire as shit back then in lockdown and it made my ****en year.

I never felt after 2021 that we were guaranteed more flags, that's really not how it works. Some of the woe is me on here is hilarious.

We were a great side that year no doubt, but to get one taste of success then going back to being selfish campaigners is a disgrace
You win the flag you're the best team in it. I think with how weak the teams around us were that season though it had the club believing they were so much better than the oppo and it's taken **** all to drag us back to the pack

I'd still trade it all for that flag again. We've been nothing but a rabble for as long as I've been dragging myself to the MCG.

Nobody can take 2021 away from me. Flogging Brisbane, Cats and Dogs in one finals series was glorious. Life was dire as s**t back then in lockdown and it made my *en year.

I never felt after 2021 that we were guaranteed more flags, that's really not how it works. Some of the woe is me on here is hilarious.

I agree with the first part, people should absolutely be entitled to still look back at 2021 with fond memories. Beautiful time for all.

As for the second part, if we just weren't good enough I think it would be far easier to take. The constant talk with results being the complete opposite on and off the field is why people are so dirty and rightly so.

Nobody can take 2021 away from me. Flogging Brisbane, Cats and Dogs in one finals series was glorious. Life was dire as s**t back then in lockdown and it made my *en year.

We all enjoyed 2021. I watched the 2021 grand final replay probably 15+ times and the last quarter and a bit maybe 40. Can only live on enjoying past successes for so long.

Going out in straight sets 2022 and 2023 and now having all of these problems is thoroughly unenjoyable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed - and I understand the venting but I feel like this board swings wildly between "we are s**t, I told ya so" and then getting mad when we don't win a flag.

I think frustration is running high not because we didn’t get it done on field but because the club propagandised for 2 years about how great we were whenever there’s been any suggestion that something - whether it’s the game plan or the culture - is off track.

In actual fact a lot of people who have been critical of the club have been right and a bit of humility and attention to fixing problems is what we were wanting from the club.

I think frustration is running high not because we didn’t get it done on field but because the club propagandised for 2 years about how great we were whenever there’s been any suggestion that something - whether it’s the game plan or the culture - is off track.

In actual fact a lot of people who have been critical of the club have been right and a bit of humility and attention to fixing problems is what we were wanting from the club.
Yep, its pretty clear now the reason we've gone out in straight sets two years in a row is much deeper than injuries and a shit game plan.

I haven't got that sense as much. I don't really care what Trac says on twitter and I don't listen to Goody pressers with much hope of learning anything.

I think us hitting the draft this year is actually a pretty clear signal that the club knows we need a change up.

I haven't got that sense as much. I don't really care what Trac says on twitter and I don't listen to Goody pressers with much hope of learning anything.

I think us hitting the draft this year is actually a pretty clear signal that the club knows we need a change up.

If as forecast we only take 2 picks I couldn't count that as hitting the draft.

I was keen for us immediately after finals to take at least 4-5 picks but that's clearly been taken off the table to trading two decent picks to move up from 14 to 11.

If as forecast we only take 2 picks I couldn't count that as hitting the draft.

I was keen for us immediately after finals to take at least 4-5 picks but that's clearly been taken off the table to trading two decent picks to move up from 14 to 11.
Sounds like nobody rates the depth in this draft but we will probably get 2 more kids on the rookie list to replace D. Turner and McVee who we surely upgrade.

Anyway, I hope Goody is selling his prized possessions for money to donate to a program to support underprivileged kids in Sub-Saharan Africa to own their first TAB betting account or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back