Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I can't stand Goodwin and would have parted ways with him at the end of last season. If this was to be true, then he'd have to be implicated in the Joel Sniff stuff. He sucks but he's still the man who ended the drought, wouldn't like him to see his career end like that.
Also if that was the case it would implicate the admin who have been defending him and swearing by his character. There's just no way a story this big doesn't get to the media by now.

Compare it to Brayshaw where there were only a few hours between the rumours getting out and the announcement itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last pre-season Goody was about to be sacked (2021) he won the flag.

The man THRIVES during times of personal scandal and rumours.

Dees 2024 flag confirmed.
I don't recall hearing at the start of 2021 that Goody was potentially on the gear and questions around his off field activities.

The talk around sacking in 2021 was purely around performance based after coming off two poor years in a row.

When you listen to Goody on SEN not categorically deny his drug use then I think people have the right to question. Where there's smoke, there's fire..

I don't recall hearing at the start of 2021 that Goody was potentially on the gear and questions around his off field activities.

The talk around sacking in 2021 was purely around performance based after coming off two poor years in a row.

When you listen to Goody on SEN not categorically deny his drug use then I think people have the right to question. Where there's smoke, there's fire..
My post was a joke but that was exactly the claims levelled at Goody by Bartlett and co (and rumoured elsewhere) - that Goody had gambling and substance use issues in 2020 and 2021.

It wasn't purely performance at all.

My post was a joke but that was exactly the claims levelled at Goody by Bartlett and co (and rumoured elsewhere) - that Goody had gambling and substance use issues in 2020 and 2021.

Also, Goody literally said on SEN:

Asked directly about whether he used illicit drugs, Goodwin couldn’t have been clearer, saying: “Never”.

“And I’ve said this over a three-year period now and it’s pretty ordinary that I’m actually sitting in this position and having to justify that situation,” the premiership coach added.

“I do not use illicit drugs. I give everything I can to my family and my team in a way that dedicates my life to my football club and to have this play out over three years where my reputation has been caught up in a board room battle.

“I do not use illicit drugs”: Melbourne coach Goodwin has “had enough” of rumours, character attacks

Pretty categorical denial I would think.

But didn't all that information come out post 2021 grand final and not at the start of 2021..?

My memory is hazy.

But didn't all that information come out post 2021 grand final and not at the start of 2021..?

My memory is hazy.

Caro wrote a bunch of articles about it in the back-half of 2021. Bartlett took exception to how he was portrayed in them which is when he started his campaign.

I mean, he phrased it in the active voice for a reason.

I think he's definitely used illicit drugs before. Potentially sometimes to a worrying degree. But also, who cares? This is the whole point that Bartlett doesn't understand.
I agree with this, I dont think hes used anything since Barlett publicly accused him and I really dont care if he has in the past, isnt the first guy to hit the booze or drugs when going thru a marriage breakup and wont be the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back