Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking on appearance I never normally judge on appearance or anything. But why does goody wear the training cap that only has the visor? He's got these frizzy hairs that just stand out more and so much of his scalp is exposed to the summer sun

I don't mean to turn into those teachers in primary school, but wear a ****ing proper hat man. If you're going to work outside under the sun, protect all of your head from the UV and not just your eyes

What on earth have you people done to my club?

I take a break from Bigfooty… you people were supposed to look after them! Next minute it’s straight sets, Brayshaw retired, Oliver going totally tonto and redesigning peoples cars in East Melbourne and now the whole joint has morphed into a Mexican drug cartel. Plus crazy Goody looks even more like an alien from outer space trying his hardest to blend in with a different galactic race but getting it only about 50 percent right.

Silver lining though - I have a match-worn, signed Harmes jumper. If he is indeed one of the baddies then it gives me a couple of talking points around it.
This is what happens when you don't log in each week and write your regular "oh god".

WB

Yo what's this whole Goody rumour that's doing the round??

Apparently getting the sack??
Yeah i heard this was going to go down in 2021, when i heard it in 2022 (I know you're referring to a new rumour)

Yeah i heard this was going to go down in 2021, when i heard it in 2022 (I know you're referring to a new rumour)

There's been like 2 people post it on twitter and maybe 1 on the BF main board apparently. Wouldn't even bother calling this one a rumour tbh.

There's been like 2 people post it on twitter and maybe 1 on the BF main board apparently. Wouldn't even bother calling this one a rumour tbh.
Supposedly it's doing good circles through certain discords which is mainly where it's stayed. I wouldn't know which servers to join to look through though

2 Posts? A few post on demonland which lead their mods going on a power and sticking this on their front page.

View attachment 1915015

There's enough doing the rounds bud. I even saw you twitter fan page you've got going trying to dig up some dirt.

If he does get sacked I hope Demonland forces their members to pretend he's still coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must be something going on surely behind the scenes..? 12 months now we've been hearing some pretty full on stuff about Goody off field.
I'd just ask why now? Our hand would have to be forced if it were to be true. A smoking gun from the SIA or a demand from the AFL.

Yeah that’s my thoughts, something massive must have happened or been revealed yesterday afternoon.
Yeah which is why I'm leaning towards this being bs. If something massive had happened we'd probably know about that before he got sacked wouldn't we?

Yep, and then taking into consideration that they did re-sign him last year, so thered be a lengthy payout from our end... yikes.
Still ridiculous they did that with all the clouds hanging over the club at the time.

Geez fair few posts now for a crap twitter rumour. Pretty ironic to see the same people buying into it are the ones who go after anyone who shares a rumour.

FWIW a mate spoke to a current board member yesterday who had heard absolutely nothing about it. Granted they technically could have been keeping it hush hush, but this one seems a bit too silly to be true.

Geez fair few posts now for a crap twitter rumour. Pretty ironic to see the same people buying into it are the ones who go after anyone who shares a rumour.

FWIW a mate spoke to a current board member yesterday who had heard absolutely nothing about it. Granted they technically could have been keeping it hush hush, but this one seems a bit too silly to be true.

Is anyone actually buying into it though? Feels like wishful thinking but we are all acknowledging its very unlikely.

Whilst I can't stand Goodwin and would have parted ways with him at the end of last season. If this was to be true, then he'd have to be implicated in the Joel Sniff stuff. He sucks but he's still the man who ended the drought, wouldn't want to see his career end like that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back