Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane gave Goodwin the injury excuse. smh. Sick of the media giving the injury excuse to Goodwin. He did say there will be pressure next year though.
I didnt watch it just liked the image tbh

Kane gave Goodwin the injury excuse. smh. Sick of the media giving the injury excuse to Goodwin. He did say there will be pressure next year though.

Then how do you explain Sydney's demise?

The premiership favourites have now lost what four of 5 games and just got flogged by over 100 points.

What's changed? Injuries.

The premiership favourites have now lost what four of 5 games and just got flogged by over 100 points.

lol, they are just playing shit. **** all to do with injuries. Their best players are all still playing, got Mills and Parker back too.

It's not really just one thing IMO. There's clearly been issues with coaching, selection etc. Injury management is my main thing I sook about, playing sore/injured players, not looking at a season as a whole and making sure we're fit for finals has cost us just as much as the coaching.

Before the start of the season it was mentioned that Alan Richardson had concerns about our fitness/injuries/impacted preseason and had likened it to how the 2019 season had been wrecked by the same things. I didn't think it would be that bad at the time, but it's absolutely panned out that way and was made worse by the confused game style and the mismanagement of players.

Coaching a team to a 112 point loss is alarming, regardless of ladder position.

There is still time for Sydney but assuming their season falls off a cliff questions will need to be asked; after 12 years at the helm.
Swans have made a prelim and grand final of recent times and are currently first, surely you arent serious.

Swans have made a prelim and grand final of recent times and are currently first, surely you arent serious.

Goody has achieved as much Longmire during that period, yet some blame him for our current predicament when he is not solely responsible.

For the record I think Sydney will at least make a Prelim this year.

It's not really just one thing IMO. There's clearly been issues with coaching, selection etc. Injury management is my main thing I sook about, playing sore/injured players, not looking at a season as a whole and making sure we're fit for finals has cost us just as much as the coaching.

That’s fair as it reminds me a bit of West Coast when Simpson continued to play their senior core despite carrying significant injuries.

While it has been good to see more young players have an opportunity this year, I think the progress of Woewodin and Howes has been stagnated due to lack of opportunity. Hopefully Goodwin concedes now is the time for both, Fullarton, Brown and Jefferson to get a run and hopefully show something for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fair as it reminds me a bit of West Coast when Simpson continued to play their senior core despite carrying significant injuries.

While it has been good to see more young players have an opportunity this year, I think the progress of Woewodin and Howes has been stagnated due to lack of opportunity. Hopefully Goodwin concedes now is the time for both, Fullarton, Brown and Jefferson to get a run and hopefully show something for the future.

I think Goody should be under pressure somewhat, but I think what we see for the rest of the season now is more reflective of the club leadership in Richardson, Roffey and Pert. If the club is smart and packs everyone off to prepare for preseason then it means those 3 have let Goody know that it's all about next year now. If we death ride the old and injured players into the end of the season then the pressure should be more on them than Goodwin IMO. Goody's job is to coach, their jobs are to manage the club - Especially Richardson in this case. Wrecking our 2025 to eek out a 9th place finish would be the worst possible outcome for us.

We Gave Goody a go at changing his approach and gave him a go at reverting to the one that got found out 2 years ago. He failed at both. What the **** are we still doing?

We Gave Goody a go at changing his approach and gave him a go at reverting to the one that got found out 2 years ago. He failed at both. What the **** are we still doing?
Petraccas been injured a couple weeks to be fair thats why our whole season has sucked

Petraccas been injured a couple weeks to be fair thats why our whole season has sucked
If Ben Brown's knee had been good to go this season, none of the forward line mess would have ever happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back