Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The final indication was the completeness of the extraordinary. As the football found home, noise and movement intertwined to create football pandemonium. "

Truly, Brother Robbo was partaking deeply of the holy spirits before committing that scripture to parchment.

"The final indication was the completeness of the extraordinary. As the football found home, noise and movement intertwined to create football pandemonium. "

Truly, Brother Robbo was partaking deeply of the holy spirits before committing that scripture to parchment.

To get a handle on the fire that burns deep inside Robbo, I showed it to a criminal profiler friend of mine. Unfortunately, he became 'erratic' not long after and was last known to be making 'things' out of icy-pole sticks, Clag and plastic scissors.

Robbo actually making the Ox look intelligent by trying to argue Collingwood have a hard draw. After getting destroyed by Schwartz (who rightly pointed out North's bad draw) he then goes on to mumble through his jowls something about Schwartz being biased because he played for Melbourne.

Sorry I am late ... this from a discussion on SEN a few Saturday's ago concerning the conversion of Rugby League players to AFL...

"We need...the AFL needs, to grow into more ethnics."

Robbo actually making the Ox look intelligent by trying to argue Collingwood have a hard draw.

Saints, Geelong, Bulldogs, Hawthorn twice. Throw in danger games with Carlton & Essendon (normally close no matter relative position) and it's not too far off the mark. I was getting annoyed at everyone saying Collingwood has the easiest draw this year; might be true in previous seasons but nowhere near accurate this season. We are simply beating good sides.

But I digress - I don't want to steal Robbo's moment in the limelight.

Last Monday on SEN the Robbo breathlessly ranted on Andrew Swallow as the kind of guy who would enter a burning building to save your family.

lol.

Dear Brethren,

(Brothers ApplecrossWC, Partridge Monty, huh what? Nimrodson and HodgePodge - welcome).

Our illustrious lord clearly had extra mushrooms on his Capricciosa last night.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...enough-to-bottle/story-e6frf9jf-1225887359645

My hypothalamus is vibrating in awe.

The sentence that comprised 'litany of heroics' surely had Umberto Eco jealously googling the great man. He is, without doubt, the L Ron Hubbard of Footy Journalism.

'They'll confront Geelong without Cam Mooney and Stevie Johnson and whoever else, and a win then means a premiership is not beyond them.

Fancy that, premiership talk."

Fancy that Robbo. You done your research on Geelongs injuries. Fancy that

"From 1-6, the Hawks are suddenly a force to be feared again. They, and the Bulldogs, were masterful last night. Tough and adventurous, both teams played run-and-gun footy with blokes throwing themselves at every contest."

Run and gun - like Bonanza Robbo?

"Fifty metres from goal, Punt Rd end, Great Southern Stand side, Franklin veered to the left in his run-up, hooked it right, and saluted the goal by thrusting his hands in the air.

It was too much for Lake, who in frustration barrelled an arm into Franklin's midriff and then ran down to the forward line."

This column is too much for me Robbo, how I wish I could use my fist to search for the lint in your belly button - I would search as long and hard as one of Buddy's leads.

"Franklin's first goal came at the ninth minute of the second term. He stayed down while Lake flew in a pack of five, Lake fell to the ground, Brent Renouf found the ball, handballed it to Franklin, who got a cheapie running into goal.

At this point, Clarkson summoned Franklin to the phone.

Can only guess what he said. Perhaps, "Buddy Boy, attack marking contests, be a target, stay deep."

Can only guess what word comes before can in this sentence. I, We or maybe My ghost writer - surely not?

Hey Brother Grizz

Speaking of heroic litanies.

What do you make of this? Half time Grand Final Entertainment?

Brother DVC

news_0509_domdeluise.jpg

Seriously, how is he a football journalist? Who reads his columns and/or cares about his opinions?

I can't work out how these reporters earn a living. The investigative types I can understand, they actually go out and do some research and arrange meetings, etc . . .

The journos who write exaggerated post-match reports offer absolutely nothing imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, how is he a football journalist? Who reads his columns and/or cares about his opinions?

I can't work out how these reporters earn a living. The investigative types I can understand, they actually go out and do some research and arrange meetings, etc . . .

The journos who write exaggerated post-match reports offer absolutely nothing imo.

Worse still, Robbo blazes out his niche as a 'personality writer'. He's got the credibility of Jim Jones.

Sometimes we all get it right, sometimes we all get it wrong and sometimes it's so wrong it can be embarrassing.

Line up for an Apology, The Tackle, Monday 5th July, 2010

Brothers, I have admired in secrecy for some time, your poignant observations of the oracle.

Amongst his fellow wordsmiths, the great man has no equal.

Inter caecos regnat strabo

There is hardness and there is

hardness

Travis cloke is not hard it was just a dog act

It is not the seventies

Brothers it is a cross between beat poetry and haiku

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tackle
It started at the end of the 2001, when Damien Hardwick, a much-respected player at the club and part of the famed half-back line alongside Dean Solomon and Dean Wallis

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tackle

Yep, even though the maximum amount of games this fearsome half-back line could have played together between the drafting of Solomon and the departure of Hardwick is 37, despite the fact that Sean Wellman was Essendon's CHB at this time, despite these three goliaths of the modern era combining for one All-Australian selection and one best and fairest, apparently they sit comfortably alongside Bourke, Barrot, Clay and Ayres, Langford, Collins at the very top echelon in VFL/AFL history.

This quip from AFL 360 last night, refering to Mark Williams and his tenure at Port...................." He took them to the mountain, then they went down ". :confused:

This quip from AFL 360 last night, refering to Mark Williams and his tenure at Port...................." He took them to the mountain, then they went down ". :confused:

A hard Sherpa is good to find?

On 360 he said Mathew Knights might be coaching next year or may be gone after a loss this week. it could also be something in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back