Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliant thread. Laugh out loud stuff, especially when Brother Ando confused a pizza oven with a car park. I loved that bit.

Now I too would like to share a Brother Robbo story.

It's from 2005 or 2006, and involved Clarko - obviously having an angry little man moment (and not appreciating the full wisdom and truth of football transcribed by Brother Robbo) who suggested to our Brother Robbo that he leave the press conference that had just wrapped-up to write one of his 'bullshite little fluff pieces' for Monday's edition of the Hun.

Of course, this was back in times when we couldn't appreciate Robbo's Tackle first thing on a Monday morning (in fact, I love nothing more than admiring Robbo's Tackle over a coffee before heading to work - I did exactly that today). Anyway, Robbo was a bit taken aback by Clarko's assault.

The footage was being shown on Footy Classified, in a brilliant piece of football journalism to prove that Clarko is an angry little man. Like so many great cult leaders before him, though, I'm glad Brother Robbo persevered in the face of such criticism. Ever since he has dedicated himself to reinventing sentence construction and grammar. March on Brother Robbo!!

My letter, to the, webmaster.

Hi,
I would like to change my username from "Bond.ShaneBond" to "Bond,ShaneBond".

The reason for this change is that as I am now a member of "The Cult of Robbo" I think it is more appropriate to have a comma.

Cheers,
Bond,ShaneBond

A fitting, tribute.

I would like to invite my dear brethren to submit their favourite comma to the thread. It could be Times New Roman 12 point in a crimson red. It could be many commas in the arial narrow font in binary pattern. It could even be a hand drawn comma, or perhaps even a small bronze comma you have cast in your spare time.
I would like to take this moment to welcome all the new brothers. You are brothers now. Remember that, and, be, welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brothers, consider, this, with, deep, deep, thought.
And, tell, me, reincarnation, does, not, exist.

Timothy_Dexter.jpg

"Lord" Timothy Dexter (January 22, 1748 – October 26, 1806), as he was sometimes termed by admiring contemporaries, was an American eccentric businessman who was peculiarly lucky and never bothered to learn to spell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter

"Timothy Dexter was a prominent citizen of eighteenth century New England, a businessman and sometime writer with a reputation as an eccentric. Dexter’s best-known book, A Pickle for the Knowing Ones, was remarkable only for its complete lack of punctuation. To its second edition Dexter added a page filled with periods, commas, semicolons and other punctuation marks, so that readers could, according to Dexter, “pepper and salt it as they please.”

http://www.fonts.com/AboutFonts/Articles/Letterseries/Punctuation.htm

Brothers, consider, this, with, deep, deep, thought.
And, tell, me, reincarnation, does, not, exist.

Timothy_Dexter.jpg

"Lord" Timothy Dexter (January 22, 1748 – October 26, 1806), as he was sometimes termed by admiring contemporaries, was an American eccentric businessman who was peculiarly lucky and never bothered to learn to spell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter

"Timothy Dexter was a prominent citizen of eighteenth century New England, a businessman and sometime writer with a reputation as an eccentric. Dexter’s best-known book, A Pickle for the Knowing Ones, was remarkable only for its complete lack of punctuation. To its second edition Dexter added a page filled with periods, commas, semicolons and other punctuation marks, so that readers could, according to Dexter, “pepper and salt it as they please.”

http://www.fonts.com/AboutFonts/Articles/Letterseries/Punctuation.htm

All brethren. Hail our brother Grizz. For he hath seen what the eye deny.

comma_web.JPG

A fitting, yet timely, reminder that, we are, and always will be, in this together, as Brothers.

I would also like, to quote Vampire Weekend, "who gives a **** about an Oxford comma?" They are, clearly haters, and should be struck, down with impunity by all in the Brotherhood.

[YOUTUBE]P_i1xk07o4g[/YOUTUBE]

my letter, to the, webmaster.

hi,
i would like to change my username from "bond.shanebond" to "bond,shanebond".

The reason for this change is that as i am now a member of "the cult of robbo" i think it is more appropriate to have a comma.

Cheers,
bond,shanebond

a fitting, tribute.

a success,

a success,

You've taken a bullet for the side and you should be honoured. I salute you.

By the way, I believe Robbo has created the 'Southbank Comma'. If I get the time, and my hands on enough narcotics, I'll post an analysis.

We interrupt the Cult of Robbo for a quick update from the High Priest.

"High-leading forward Liam Jurrah was an dhintriguing mix of inspiration and unpredictdhability to keep Melbourne in touch in the first three quarters when the biggest margin was 19 points"

Bruce Matthews
North Melbourne and Melbourne put life into dead rubber 30 August 2010

We interrupt the Cult of Robbo for a quick update from the High Priest.

"High-leading forward Liam Jurrah was an dhintriguing mix of inspiration and unpredictdhability to keep Melbourne in touch in the first three quarters when the biggest margin was 19 points"

Bruce Matthews
North Melbourne and Melbourne put life into dead rubber 30 August 2010

Truly one of the most impressive sentences I have ever seen. My mouth is dry, my heart is beating fast, what is this feeling? Such impact!

The Trebuchet MS. Clean, elegant, somewhat understated. Like a pie stain on his goateed jowls.

I have admired the Robbo cult from afar and am constantly bewildered by the Rambling One. His "At-the-bar" with Timmsy gives me hope that one day I too can shit in a paper bag and drop it front of a Southbank office, only for it to be scooped into a bin, recovered and put in the Herald-Sun as a feature article.

For all wannabee-inept journos, he is a beacon of hope.

Trebuchet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back