Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
I've just read elsewhere on here that his decisions were 12-6 in favour of PAFC on Sunday, and 6-1 in the last quarter. Undoubtedly the difference in a close game, won in the last second. Do you think we could band together as Hawk supporters and write a letter to the AFL in complaint against this imbecile? Get some 'people power' happening? He seems to want to single handedly destroy us, and he never seems to get tired of his hatred of the HFC. Wadda ya think?

Re: More on (moron) Goldstink....

I've just read elsewhere on here that his decisions were 12-6 in favour of PAFC on Sunday, and 6-1 in the last quarter. Undoubtedly the difference in a close game, won in the last second. Do you think we could band together as Hawk supporters and write a letter to the AFL in complaint against this imbecile? Get some 'people power' happening? He seems to want to single handedly destroy us, and he never seems to get tired of his hatred of the HFC. Wadda ya think?

Roddy just letting you know that I wrote to Mike Sheehan this morning.

My email included a spreadsheet with a lot of detail including free-kicks for and against and where exactly on the ground they occurred for each of the 16 clubs over Goldspinks entire career. I asked him to complete the spreadsheet for all of Goldspinks games for each club as it will be the mantra for his dismissal, and also more scrutiny in the future for these rogue umpires.

I know it will be ignored but I am trying mate.

I have already gotten over the game and somehow think it was a good result to steel us for the finals which start now.

But I am not getting over Goldspink in a hurry, no chance.

My email included a spreadsheet with a lot of detail including free-kicks for and against and where exactly on the ground they occurred for each of the 16 clubs over Goldspinks entire career. I asked him to complete the spreadsheet for all of Goldspinks games for each club as it will be the mantra for his dismissal, and also more scrutiny in the future for these rogue umpires.

I have already gotten over the game and somehow think it was a good result to steel us for the finals which start now.

Absolutely fantastic work, H2F!

But I think it needs more than just one person emailing a spreadsheet to Mike Sheahan! Like you said, it will most likely be looked at and then cast aside. And like I said, we need some 'people power', a 'chorus of disaproval' complaining against that anti-Hawthorn idiot. The more people we have voicing their opinion, the more chance we have of getting some positive action.

Great stuff H2F, it would be good to have some stats to back up the wide opinion that Goldie is anti hawks or at least has no tollerance for our players. I have now seen 3 clear game, 01 vs essendon, 06 vs melbourne, 07 vs power that I believe he was clearly bias in.

Yes, well done H2F.

A good way to go about mounting our displeasure, not just in umpiring but many other matters such as the Pies hogging MCG games, as an example, etc, etc.

Let us vent our spleens on writing to supposed people with clout and authority.

As I have written many times there is a need for an AFLSU - AFL Supporters Union.

If all supporters/followers put in $2 per season to administer such an organisation, say five million Australians (an estimate how many supporters/ followers of the game) there woud be $10m per year towards having the AFL sit up and take notice of people power. Not many of the big corporate sponsors put that much money into the game.

I am so sick of Andrew Demetriou, his cohorts and those in charge of umpiring stifling our great game.

I just would like to dedicate a thread to the man if thier isn't one already.. Where all of us can express our dissatisfaction towards the man! Sunday was my last straw with Goldie, I follow several sports and thier is no bigger cheat in any sport than him. He should never ever be allowed to umpire a Hawthorn game again everyone who agrees please post on this thread..

He just doesn't like us, plain and simple.

He should not be allowed to umpire our matches anymore and I'd be interested to know:

- our win/loss ratio with games he's umpired
- our frees for/against from him
- his justification of the deliberate out of bounds, amongst others
- his explanation as to why he thinks we hate him

Whether Goldspink likes us or not is immaterial. The fact is that he is not biased against the Hawks.

In a booming, nationwide, multi-million dollar corporation there is no room for this sort of behaviour from an integral part of the game. If it was obvious enough for Hawk supporters to see, then its obvious enough for the AFL and Jeff Gieschen to see. If that was the case, Goldy would be struck off. Simple as that.
A biased umpire is too dangerous and hurtful to the game as a whole.

If you want to blame someone for the loss - try the players. Or, try to cheer for Browny and Co. as they smash the grin from Johnno's face this weekend.

Whether Goldspink likes us or not is immaterial. The fact is that he is not biased against the Hawks.

In a booming, nationwide, multi-million dollar corporation there is no room for this sort of behaviour from an integral part of the game. If it was obvious enough for Hawk supporters to see, then its obvious enough for the AFL and Jeff Gieschen to see. If that was the case, Goldy would be struck off. Simple as that.

If you want to blame someone for the loss - try the players. Or, try to cheer for Browny and Co. as they smash the grin from Johnno's face this weekend.

I agree we still should have won the game no doubt.. But if it wasn't for the great man Port wouldn't have had a chance with a minute to go.. He kept them in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldspink is AWESOME.

He has character and integrity and is in the top drawer of umpires as far as decision making goes.

I don't think he has an unjust Hawthorn bias, I think Hawthorn has an unjust Goldy bias. For some reason we think our players should be the stars of the show which shows a complete lack of respect for the great man. Come on people, put your bias aside and let's celebrate the career of one of the all time greats of the AUL (Australian Umpires league).

I'm just sick and tired of Hawthorn people having to sour the occassion every time he has a great game.

Goldspink is AWESOME.

He has character and integrity and is in the top drawer of umpires as far as decision making goes.

I don't think he has an unjust Hawthorn bias, I think Hawthorn has an unjust Goldy bias. For some reason we think our players should be the stars of the show which shows a complete lack of respect for the great man. Come on people, put your bias aside and let's celebrate the career of one of the all time greats of the AUL (Australian Umpires league).

I'm just sick and tired of Hawthorn people having to sour the occassion every time he has a great game.

I love it.. Give that man a new

Absolute and utter nonsense. The AFL hierarchy looks at the umps with the most rose coloured glasses possible. You see evidence of that constantly (an example among many would be the Hird vs McLaren incident of a few years back. Hird spoke his mind on an ump, and paid dearly for it). They are untouchable, a protected species. And it wasn't just Sunday's game he's totally stitched us up in, you can trace it all the way back to 2001, and possibly even further.
3AW are apparently looking up stats on his influence on Hawthorn games (so yes, there IS a rising chorus of disaproval about it). I'm going to wait til I hear them, and then I'm going to write to the AFL, Herald Sun and the HFC about it. I would advise many to do the same. Our future success, or otherwise, depends upon it....

Many of you may be surpised to hear that Derek Humphrey Smith (aka the Gimp) defended Goldy on SEN, stating that he in fact had an excellent game and that the response from Hawthorn supporters was nothing short of pathetic. DHS defending an umpire - who would have thought???

Many of you may be surpised to hear that Derek Humphrey Smith (aka the Gimp) defended Goldy on SEN, stating that he in fact had an excellent game and that the response from Hawthorn supporters was nothing short of pathetic. DHS defending an umpire - who would have thought???

More examples of their protection from criticism. Does that moron have any official capacity in the AFL?

More examples of their protection from criticism. Does that moron have any official capacity in the AFL?

Don't think so. Just an umpires voice on the radio. There to give an "objective" view of umpire performances and interpretations. Funnily enough, I'm yet to ever hear him say that an umpire got a decision wrong.

The club has to make the stand and refuse to play in the next game he chosen to umpire in with us in it.. Then surely they have to review the situation..

I totally agree with this.

If the club came out and said the guy blatently umpires against us and we demand an enquiry including the publishing of all his statistics vs the Hawks, then things would change.

People do not understand that he does it because he gets away with it. If Hawthorn kicked up a fuss, then he would have the whole football world watching over his shoulder when umpiring Hawthorn games.

Instead it is a laughing joke and he clearly gives it to us out of the knowledge he can get away with it.

Absolute and utter nonsense. The AFL hierarchy looks at the umps with the most rose coloured glasses possible. You see evidence of that constantly (an example among many would be the Hird vs McLaren incident of a few years back. Hird spoke his mind on an ump, and paid dearly for it). They are untouchable, a protected species. And it wasn't just Sunday's game he's totally stitched us up in, you can trace it all the way back to 2001, and possibly even further.
3AW are apparently looking up stats on his influence on Hawthorn games (so yes, there IS a rising chorus of disaproval about it). I'm going to wait til I hear them, and then I'm going to write to the AFL, Herald Sun and the HFC about it. I would advise many to do the same. Our future success, or otherwise, depends upon it....

Any idea who initiated this investigation? Is it a person who is independent of Hawthorn?

He's probably on here right now reading this.

The day after Goldy umpires one of our games every newspaper in Melbourne sells 10 more copies than usual. One for scrapbooking and the other 9 for family members.

Good one H2F. I didnt know that Sheehan hated Goldie as much as we do so that he will do all of that work. Maybe you can get the details of all of Goldies games against us so we can use statistics and facts to bring the fat old pr!ck down. If you get the stuff from all of the games then no-one can say that it is just one game and it means nothing coz it will mean something and will show that he is a big fat cheat.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Darren Goldspink thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back