Roast The Definitive Quote

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
[Principal - Billy Madison (1995)]

It works for EVERYTHING said either by the Four Horsemen of the Aportalypse or by any apologist of the current regime on ANYTHING related to the club.

It’s mental. It’s maddening. It’s unhealthy to the body, to the mind, to the soul.

I’m done.

There’s nothing new. It’s the same old sh*t from the past five years.
This sort of rubbish we have been listening to for decades in some shape or form. From our own state media and associated SANFL/Crows propaganda circus, to the V/AFL media and associated aspects and if that isn't bad enough we hear it from within our own clubs officials.

There’s nothing new. It’s the same old sh*t from the past five years.
This is his last football article (October last year).

Jon Snow knows more about Port Adelaide than this guy.
I'm already wiping this poor attempt to know anything about football from my memory.

It gets 5 LOL's on my scale of football ignorance.
But hey some Football manager in the UK did something once, so yay Ken.
LOL.

I guess if I typed Port Adelaide Ken Hinkley into some AI program, it would write something like this...
1726536001612.png

Never heard of that scrubber Daniel Keane before reading his ‘story’ yesterday, and decided not to share on BF so that others wouldn’t have the displeasure of coming across it. Genuinely one of the worst articles I’ve ever read. Aside from the subject matter being vomit-inducing, there actually just isn’t a narrative and whatever point he’s trying to make is incoherent.

Seriously, I sincerely have no idea how Choco survived the 2005 SF and the 2007 GF. And I’m talking about PREMIERSHIP COACH Mark Williams.

With that in mind, try to imagine my struggle to understand how Hinkley survived:
  • the Showdown 43 in 2017;
  • the 2018 11-4 fiasco;
  • the R22 2019 86pts loss to North;
  • the 2021 PF;
  • the 2022 season; and
  • the 2023 straight-sets exit.

How can someone see all that and say it’s perfectly fine?

It must be an Australian thing. I don’t know. It’s all simply beyond me.

Last edited:

Its called giving someone a "fair go". In Choco's case, he won a flag in 2004 and had a squad that could go again in 2005 & 2007.

However, the club was falling apart internally because of our crippling financial issues and Choco was finally let go when our off field resources was exhausted. Primus came in with no football department and a playing list that needed a rebuild and redevopment.

Seriously, I sincerely have no idea how Choco survived the 2005 SF and the 2007 GF. And I’m talking about PREMIERSHIP COACH Mark Williams.

With that in mind, try to imagine my struggle to understand how Hinkley survived:
  • the Showdown 43 (2017);
  • the 2018 11-4 fiasco;
  • the 2021 PF;
  • the 2022 season; and

I was silly enough to get into a couple of little 'debates' on reddit recently - and their arguments pretty much boil down to 'you can't sack a bloke that consistently takes us into the top 4' (little battler club punching above its weight) and 'he saved the club and if he goes we will definitely return to the chaos the club was in before he arrived' (a variation on 'who else you gonna get?'). Similar arguments are put forward for David Koch as irreplaceable messiah who single-handedly saved the club from extinction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was silly enough to get into a couple of little 'debates' on reddit recently - and their arguments pretty much boil down to 'you can't sack a bloke that consistently takes us into the top 4' (little battler club punching above its weight) and 'he saved the club and if he goes we will definitely return to the chaos the club was in before he arrived' (a variation on 'who else you gonna get?'). Similar arguments are put forward for David Koch as irreplaceable messiah who single-handedly saved the club from extinction

Which brings us back to this:
It doesn’t make any sense. I’m out of arguments. It’s bloody obvious, but people simply refuse to see it.

Its called giving someone a "fair go". In Choco's case, he won a flag in 2004 and had a squad that could go again in 2005 & 2007.

I see that. I still don’t buy it, but I can see it.

With Hinkley, I can’t see anything. For me, it’s six sackable seasons in seven years.

With Hinkley, I can’t see anything.

In Hinkley's case, he has had more of a fair go. 2018 should have been the end of him, if not sooner by some on this board.

At the moment, we are all living on a fools hope because that's all we have. Confirming Kens coaching for 2025 has just has sunk our hopes a bit for 2024 as we all know Ken performs best when he is under pressure. That pressure is now gone.

In Hinkley's case, he has had more of a fair go. 2018 should have been the end of him, if not sooner by some on this board.

At the moment, we are all living on a fools hope because that's all we have. Confirming Kens coaching for 2025 has just has sunk our hopes a bit for 2024 as we all know Ken performs best when he is under pressure. That pressure is now gone.
Sorry, when was Ken Hinkley confirmed for 2025?

With Hinkley, I can’t see anything. For me, it’s six sackable seasons in seven years.
Best advice is to park the Hinkley thoughts until we know the result of Friday night. If we lose, fair enough go over the decision and the thoughts of many will be proven correct again (myself included).

But if we win enjoy the ride, enjoy the ride now. We are still in it and are playing a team we haven't lost to since 2016. That won't mean anything come the first bounce on Friday, but it means something going into the game. There better things to ponder right now than the usual topic.

But don't let the Hinkley story ruin the ride of the week ahead. Worry about the game, can we beat Sydney, and all of that. The Hinkley talk can wait but you don't want to spoil your own ride of this season worrying about it now.

But if we win enjoy the ride, enjoy the ride now.

I'm enjoying it. I really want to win it all.

I have written many times that the best outcome is Hinkley (and Koch) going away immediately after a flag.

So far, neither has happened. That's all, really.

To be fair, that article states “David Koch has confirmed that Ken Hinkley will coach the Power in 2024 as contracted”.

Kind of wonder whether media companies would have been better off keeping a sub-editor or two…

• the Showdown 43 in 2017;
  • the 2018 11-4 fiasco;
  • the 2021 PF;
  • the 2022 season; and

Greg Boulton was the Prez, ie someone who went thru the tough slog of 1990 as he was on the board, became prez at end of 1992, got rid of Weber, then won the licence in 1994.

Greg was tough and knew footy and how a footy club worked. 180 degrees away is Koch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The Definitive Quote

Remove this Banner Ad

Back