Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...pen-to-high-court-appeal-20150202-134941.html

A disappointed James Hird maintains that he and his players have been dealt an injustice, with the Essendon coach keeping his options open about a possible High Court Appeal.

I truly hope he appeals. He is such an absolute w anker. His whole attitude is just so poor and sets such a poor example to the community. All he needed to do was apologise for his errors, take responsibility and say he was somewhat mislead and inexperienced, and cop the time and save himself and his reputation. His foolish ego and dumb temperament will now tarnish him forever. You are a dick turd!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Any thoughts that James had of winning the PR war can be shelved.

He's being absolutely belted on social media, forums like this one, in the streets... everywhere.

His name is synonymous with the most infamous and hated chatacters of this country right now because try as he might, we've seen through his "I'm not trying bury the truth" rhetoric.

People are lining up to take a swipe, and the line will only grow longer as he postures in the media about how badly done by he has been.

The split amongst the EFC supporter base will be one to watch.

The devout Hird lovers will grip on harder, while those who want to see this end have grown tired of his continued fight to absolve himself of all responsibility and questioning.

It's fun to watch.

I spoke to a mate who is a qualified lawyer who said he has fat chance of receiving leave to appeal to the High Court.

Any other legal eagles on here care to share opinion?

The other day I changed the name of one of my accounts to "Essendon Dope Cheats"...

They're screwed, and they know it, and now they're finally turning on the chief perpetrator of the whole mess.

To quote Bruce (after one of Cyril's goals in Round 3 last year): "It's a beautiful thing!"

I prefer the unqualified guys - more fun;)

That's me! Haha!
My biggest legal claim would be studying a sports law unit in my uni days. No, my lecturer wasn't Martin Hardie.

And the lols are addictive on the scum boards.

The selective and twisted use of provided truth is going make most anyone see red. I'm with Hird. Go to the High Court. What's another season relative to the truth being used truthfully.

And the lols are addictive on the scum boards.
If it is a matter of the truth coming out then James doesn't need a court room to do that....

He's being absolutely belted on social media, forums like this one, in the streets... everywhere.

His name is synonymous with the most infamous and hated chatacters of this country right now because try as he might, we've seen through his "I'm not trying bury the truth" rhetoric.

People are lining up to take a swipe, and the line will only grow longer as he postures in the media about how badly done by he has been.

The devout Hird lovers will grip on harder, while those who want to see this end have grown tired of his continued fight to absolve himself of all responsibility and questioning.

It's fun to watch.

James should address the national press club and then tell the press people only members can fire him and that people only think he has done something wrong when they are being absent minded. That is a sure fire winner . . .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spoke to a mate who is a qualified lawyer who said he has fat chance of receiving leave to appeal to the High Court.

I'm recently admitted to practice, but I'm currently unemployed and have zero experience as a solicitor (14 months as a paralegal, which is kind of irrelevant here).

Bearing my inexperience in mind, my opinion is that he will need to convince the High Court of Australia that the Full Court of the Federal Court has made an error in law of a sort that needs to proceed to trial to be resolved. The fact that he has been resoundingly smacked down at both first instance and at appeal would mean that it is unlikely the HCA would agree that there has been an error in law; the Federal Court Judges have been pretty united in their views on the merits of Hird's case. However, it may be determined that there is enough of a public interest, given the issues of self-incrimination that he has raised, to do so. Problem with that is these are issues that were not raised at trial. If you do not raise issues at trial, then you can not introduce them at appeal. Hird's only hope is that the questions about contracting out of the right of self-incrimination, and of the murky area of confidentiality and joint investigations are so important that they must be resolved definitively by the highest judicial body (ASADA are required to protect confidentiality, but the AFL are not; by running a joint investigation, the two bodies gather and/or share the same information, which one party is required not to disclose and the other can at will - Hird's contention appears to be that the right to confidentiality under the ASADA Act has been dissipated by the nature of the joint investigation, so that by giving information to ASADA in good faith and under the impression that confidentiality will be protected, the AFL has breached that good faith as it is not bound by the confidentiality provisions).

Like I said, I'm inexperienced, so if anyone wants to correct me on the above they'd be doing me a massive favour.

Be interesting to see the fracturing of the membership of Essendon if he does appeal. I reckon a few are starting to get annoyed with the time this saga, and an appeal would see them jump ship.
Has their membership fluctuated (either way) since 2012?

The eagles mod and legandary poster sonofreep is a pretty senior lawyer. He said almoat no chance. It would have to take the supreme court to find that 7 judges have got it wrong. Next to no chance he will even get b chance b to explain his case

He can put an application in. However they could informally rubbish it within a day without letting hirds legal team even think up of another argument

Be interesting to see the fracturing of the membership of Essendon if he does appeal. I reckon a few are starting to get annoyed with the time this saga, and an appeal would see them jump ship.
The CEO of my organisation was a life long supporter, 14 year member, coterie etc until last year.

She wrote to Essendon and told them that she could no longer stand their bullshit. She's now given up on footy.

BF and those idiots who attended Hird's court case are a vocal minority. I hope...

I'm recently admitted to practice, but I'm currently unemployed and have zero experience as a solicitor (14 months as a paralegal, which is kind of irrelevant here).

Bearing my inexperience in mind, my opinion is that he will need to convince the High Court of Australia that the Full Court of the Federal Court has made an error in law of a sort that needs to proceed to trial to be resolved. The fact that he has been resoundingly smacked down at both first instance and at appeal would mean that it is unlikely the HCA would agree that there has been an error in law; the Federal Court Judges have been pretty united in their views on the merits of Hird's case. However, it may be determined that there is enough of a public interest, given the issues of self-incrimination that he has raised, to do so. Problem with that is these are issues that were not raised at trial. If you do not raise issues at trial, then you can not introduce them at appeal. Hird's only hope is that the questions about contracting out of the right of self-incrimination, and of the murky area of confidentiality and joint investigations are so important that they must be resolved definitively by the highest judicial body (ASADA are required to protect confidentiality, but the AFL are not; by running a joint investigation, the two bodies gather and/or share the same information, which one party is required not to disclose and the other can at will - Hird's contention appears to be that the right to confidentiality under the ASADA Act has been dissipated by the nature of the joint investigation, so that by giving information to ASADA in good faith and under the impression that confidentiality will be protected, the AFL has breached that good faith as it is not bound by the confidentiality provisions).

Like I said, I'm inexperienced, so if anyone wants to correct me on the above they'd be doing me a massive favour.

I'd love to correct you, but didn't understand it enough to do so. I'm more of a denis denuto sort of guy.

Great summation though, and based on your expert opinion, hird is stuffed...........

I'd love to correct you, but didn't understand it enough to do so. I'm more of a denis denuto sort of guy.

Great summation though, and based on your expert opinion, hird is stuffed...........

I've got a long way to go to reach Denis' level...on the plus side, I also struggle with photocopiers.

It's fun to watch.

^^this…it is fun to watch…years of pain muppets

These Bombertalk ****wits are as delusional as ever.

Bruce Francis has been spamming media identities with his thoughts on how poor James has been wronged, but it seems Harf isn't a fan of his work.

http://bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15630

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back